Dungeons

Morg.5986

There was another thread earlier about adding rotating content incentives, and I think the same concept could be applied here as well. Maybe every week a new dungeon is "featured", so that there are additional rewards drops from there. I think this would make it so everyone has a chance to actually play the content instead of just waiting all day for the 1-2 groups that might show up in lfg.

@Morg.5986 said:Why aren't dungeons being ran anymore? I never got the chance to go through them in 2012, and why did Fractals take their place?

People run dungeons all the time. In 2012-3, they didn't have much to compete with for gold farming, for instanced content, nor for distractions from PvE. These days, there are tons of alternatives, even though the rewards for dungeons are greater than they were before HoT.

There are a couple reasons that ANet produces fractals instead of dungeons:

• The original tools they used to make dungeons weren't as good as the tools used for fractals
  • Fractals are more flexible: they allow for multiple difficulty tiers and rewards.
  • Fractals are more extensible, they can updated them more easily to evolve with other changes in the game (or vice versa).
  • They are also not tied to any specific part of Tyria or lore, giving ANet more options with the content.

@"Arathor.5819" said:There was another thread earlier about adding rotating content incentives, and I think the same concept could be applied here as well. Maybe every week a new dungeon is "featured", so that there are additional rewards drops from there. I think this would make it so everyone has a chance to actually play the content instead of just waiting all day for the 1-2 groups that might show up in lfg.

Why are you waiting for group to pop up in lfg?Start your own ac full run and do something else while it fills up. I usualy wvw some to get my daily done.

@Linken.6345 said:

@"Arathor.5819" said:There was another thread earlier about adding rotating content incentives, and I think the same concept could be applied here as well. Maybe every week a new dungeon is "featured", so that there are additional rewards drops from there. I think this would make it so everyone has a chance to actually play the content instead of just waiting all day for the 1-2 groups that might show up in lfg.

Why are you waiting for group to pop up in lfg?Start your own ac full run and do something else while it fills up. I usualy wvw some to get my daily done.

I think you took that way too literally.

Archived