Build concept (pvp)

Rahvin.4308

New to warrior, threw this together before bed. I see the discrepancies but I'm not sure how to reconcile them, like how I'd rather use shake it off than zerk stance but the loss in resistance is too much.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAR3ejMdQVI2FCmhApIG6BKLA+gIQbjw/HwaoH6eA-jpBHQBJrMg4uAAG4IAQwDCAAeAA7Y/BA

I chose warrior rune for faster clear on swap but I'm sure there's a better option I'm too lazy to look for.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Does the toughness theme suck too much?

Yeah, you're going overboard with the toughness, you want to kill things too.Here's my counter-proposal:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAR3ejMdQVI2FCmhApIG+BKNN6+dwWgAoBwYIHaBA-jpBHQBA4BAIuLAQ52fwAHBACeQAyXZAAThe idea is to combo your Burst with your Rampage for a rather whopping damage boost. And now that you have Ferocity, it's actually gonna hit really damn hard.

@"Yannir.4132" said:Yeah, you're going overboard with the toughness, you want to kill things too.Here's my counter-proposal:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAR3ejMdQVI2FCmhApIG+BKNN6+dwWgAoBwYIHaBA-jpBHQBA4BAIuLAQ52fwAHBACeQAyXZAAThe idea is to combo your Burst with your Rampage for a rather whopping damage boost. And now that you have Ferocity, it's actually gonna hit really kitten hard.

why not might makes right, so many more dodges to negate dmg, why inteligence sig on gs instead of axe for 100crit on evis and why axe mastery instead of burst mastery, getting 1/3 of your spent adrenalin back is huge, especially for comboing evis into gs f1also i dont like cleansing ire anymore, vs full condi guys you cant rly do much anythig because of blinds and bursts are easily dodged aswell, losing all adrenalin and not getting rid of any condition feels so bad

@RedShark.9548 said:

@"Yannir.4132" said:Yeah, you're going overboard with the toughness, you want to kill things too.Here's my counter-proposal:
The idea is to combo your Burst with your Rampage for a rather whopping damage boost. And now that you have Ferocity, it's actually gonna hit really kitten hard.

why not might makes right, so many more dodges to negate dmg, why inteligence sig on gs instead of axe for 100crit on evis and why axe mastery instead of burst mastery, getting 1/3 of your spent adrenalin back is huge, especially for comboing evis into gs f1also i dont like cleansing ire anymore, vs full condi guys you cant rly do much anythig because of blinds and bursts are easily dodged aswell, losing all adrenalin and not getting rid of any condition feels so bad

Honestly, yeah Might Makes Right would make sense when on Forceful Greatsword as well. As I wasn't, I wanted to go for the meaty hits from Berserker's Power, 21% damage bonus is no joke.I just didn't change the sigils from Rahvins original build idea.Axe Mastery because it brings overall more benefits over Burst Mastery. It's a more sustained source of adrenaline when on Axe, and just makes the whole weapon a lot better.Cleansing Ire is mainly for the adrenaline but honestly, if you blow your bursts because you're blinded, you need to learn how to not do that. Only thief, power shatter mesmer and necro(more reaper than scourge) bring any large amounts of Blind to the table so you should be able to mostly either wait it out, get rid of it by autoing or bypassing it with Resi. However, thinking about it now I think Rousing Resilience would be more beneficial when enemy team brings a lot of CC as in holos and other warriors. I would not pick Lesser Balanced Stance anymore with the 90 second cooldown.

@Yannir.4132 said:

@Yannir.4132 said:Yeah, you're going overboard with the toughness, you want to kill things too.Here's my counter-proposal:
The idea is to combo your Burst with your Rampage for a rather whopping damage boost. And now that you have Ferocity, it's actually gonna hit really kitten hard.

Honestly, yeah Might Makes Right would make sense when on Forceful Greatsword as well. As I wasn't, I wanted to go for the meaty hits from Berserker's Power, 21% damage bonus is no joke.I just didn't change the sigils from Rahvins original build idea.Axe Mastery because it brings overall more benefits over Burst Mastery. It's a more sustained source of adrenaline when on Axe, and just makes the whole weapon a lot better.Cleansing Ire is mainly for the adrenaline but honestly, if you blow your bursts because you're blinded, you need to learn how to not do that. Only thief, power shatter mesmer and necro(more reaper than scourge) bring any large amounts of Blind to the table so you should be able to mostly either wait it out, get rid of it by autoing or bypassing it with Resi. However, thinking about it now I think Rousing Resilience would be more beneficial when enemy team brings a lot of CC as in holos and other warriors. I would not pick Lesser Balanced Stance anymore with the 90 second cooldown.

well i didnt consider the nerf to lesser balanced stance since im.mostly roaming in wvw, i guess cleansing ire is better in pvp, but blinds still are a very considerable thing, i know to not use my stuff while blinded, but often enough you just get spammed by blinds or they use it while you are mid eviscerate, also against heavy condi specs you dont rly have time to always make sure to not be blinded because you would die anyways to condis before you get rid of the blindguess im just way too used of getting adrenalin back after bursting and it feels weird to not ve able to swap and instantly use a second burstalso the vita to power trait seems to be pretty damn bad compared to forceful gs, alone the might generated by it should supply the power you get from that trait, with lesser cds on gs and the synergy with mmr, and that synergy with reckless dodge i think is far superior that those 21%dmg

Archived