@Arena.net Elementalist

obcan.1470

4 months ago I have quit this game. Told myself a lie that I will come back in 2-3 balance patches, when things are better for my favorite class. They are not. They are worse. I have quit when, by the looks of it, Sword/X Weaver was at its prime. Which is really sad dont you think? During "weavers" prime, most efficient build was SC/F. It gave ele ability to 100-0 light targets. I never considered it to be anything fun, so I do not mind nerfing that. However that was all for elementalist changes. It seems like you are completely fine with state of elementalist in PvP. Why do you hate this class so much? Is it payback for PvE? I honestly do no understand, how is one of most popular classes, most fun classes in game with most beautifull theme, worse and worse in PvP?

@"obcan.1470" said:4 months ago I have quit this game. Told myself a lie that I will come back in 2-3 balance patches, when things are better for my favorite class. They are not. They are worse. I have quit when, by the looks of it, Sword/X Weaver was at its prime. Which is really sad dont you think? During "weavers" prime, most efficient build was SC/F. It gave ele ability to 100-0 light targets. I never considered it to be anything fun, so I do not mind nerfing that. However that was all for elementalist changes. It seems like you are completely fine with state of elementalist in PvP. Why do you hate this class so much? Is it payback for PvE? I honestly do no understand, how is one of most popular classes, most fun classes in game with most beautifull theme, worse and worse in PvP?

they nerfed all the other classes . ele is in better position now. even tempest can be viable.

@"obcan.1470" said:4 months ago I have quit this game. Told myself a lie that I will come back in 2-3 balance patches, when things are better for my favorite class. They are not. They are worse. I have quit when, by the looks of it, Sword/X Weaver was at its prime. Which is really sad dont you think? During "weavers" prime, most efficient build was SC/F. It gave ele ability to 100-0 light targets. I never considered it to be anything fun, so I do not mind nerfing that. However that was all for elementalist changes. It seems like you are completely fine with state of elementalist in PvP. Why do you hate this class so much? Is it payback for PvE? I honestly do no understand, how is one of most popular classes, most fun classes in game with most beautifull theme, worse and worse in PvP?

S/D ele is actually pretty good right now. Probably the strongest 1v1 side-noder outside of Mesmer.

rangerWinter's BiteDamage: 458Bleeding (8s): 352Chilled (4s): -66% Skill Recharge Rate, -66% Movement SpeedWeakness (10s): -50% Endurance Regeneration, 50% Fumble (Unrestricted)Range: 900cd:10 scast:0.5s.......................................................................................................................................................................eleFreezing GustDamage: 83Chilled (3s): -66% Skill Recharge Rate, -66% Movement SpeedRange: 900cd:25 scast:0.5sWhy the effect gap is so large

@ZeteCommander.4937 said:rangerWinter's BiteDamage: 458Bleeding (8s): 352Chilled (4s): -66% Skill Recharge Rate, -66% Movement SpeedWeakness (10s): -50% Endurance Regeneration, 50% Fumble (Unrestricted)Range: 900cd:10 scast:0.5s.......................................................................................................................................................................eleFreezing GustDamage: 83Chilled (3s): -66% Skill Recharge Rate, -66% Movement SpeedRange: 900cd:25 scast:0.5sWhy the effect gap is so large

Apples to oranges. Eles pop into many attunements and overwhelm opponents with a barrage of less potent skills than professions like Warrior, Ranger.

@Chaith.8256 said:

Winter's Bite
Damage: 458Bleeding (8s): 352Chilled (4s): -66% Skill Recharge Rate, -66% Movement SpeedWeakness (10s): -50% Endurance Regeneration, 50% Fumble (Unrestricted)Range: 900cd:10 scast:0.5s.......................................................................................................................................................................ele
Freezing Gust
Damage: 83Chilled (3s): -66% Skill Recharge Rate, -66% Movement SpeedRange: 900cd:25 scast:0.5sWhy the effect gap is so large

Apples to oranges. Eles pop into many attunements and overwhelm opponents with a barrage of less potent skills than professions like Warrior, Ranger.

You could also make the case that many other skills are so hilariously stacked it only shows how much power creep has happened since launch if not since HoT.

5 times the damage.1 (technically 2) extra condition.60% less cool down.

Winters bite at launch was far closer to freezing gust as it was a chill, did about the same pathetic damage and your pet had to hit to apply the weakness, had the lower cool down but was a projectile so had a trade off. Even in 2015 the skill was far closer to freezing gust.

@ZeteCommander.4937 said:rangerWinter's BiteDamage: 458Bleeding (8s): 352Chilled (4s): -66% Skill Recharge Rate, -66% Movement SpeedWeakness (10s): -50% Endurance Regeneration, 50% Fumble (Unrestricted)Range: 900cd:10 scast:0.5s.......................................................................................................................................................................eleFreezing GustDamage: 83Chilled (3s): -66% Skill Recharge Rate, -66% Movement SpeedRange: 900cd:25 scast:0.5sWhy the effect gap is so large

One big reason is Winter's Bite is a projectile. So it can rather easily be turned on the ranger.

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

S/D ele is actually pretty good right now. Probably the strongest 1v1 side-noder outside of Mesmer.

s/d ele is far from being the strongest....

@Arheundel.6451 said:

It made it into top 10 on EU last season, and I've run it in tournaments, and a very similar build in WvW. Opponents are quick to crap on the build, and hate when they can't kill me easily, and rage when I kill them. It's seriously underestimated, and has a high skill cap. Getting the most out of the build really separates your viewpoints. I was competing with druid last season as a node holder, and with them torn down a lot in the last balance, one could argue that Sw/D weaver is actually one of the strongest node holders, or when retuned, and effective brawler. Sword weaver is in a really good place, and people that ignore others nerfs without your nerfs to anything but fresh air weaver, will assume that it is crap. Since most builds didn't get a nerf on ele, it was effectively buffed.

@thatdarnkatz.7168 said:

It made it into top 10 on EU last season, and I've run it in tournaments, and a very similar build in WvW. Opponents are quick to crap on the build, and hate when they can't kill me easily, and rage when I kill them. It's seriously underestimated, and has a high skill cap. Getting the most out of the build really separates your viewpoints. I was competing with druid last season as a node holder, and with them torn down a lot in the last balance, one could argue that Sw/D weaver is actually one of the strongest node holders, or when retuned, and effective brawler. Sword weaver is in a really good place, and people that ignore others nerfs without your nerfs to anything but fresh air weaver, will assume that it is crap. Since most builds didn't get a nerf on ele, it was effectively buffed.

You can't kill anything that doesn't want to get killed main reason why it's not the strongest : you can't chase anybody almost or beat anybody who know how weaver works, there are 2 reasons for your position last season : 1) no great players around and 2) people never seen a weaver so will try to facetank expecting easy kill...anybody else will just mitigate your dmg which is mostly condi with primordial stance...not hard at all.

It's easy to use the "high skill cap" argument but really if you're familiar with ele is not hugely hard to run a bunkerbot and then claim to be the hot stuff, yah I run weaver too in wvw and yeah you can outsustain most unaware noobs same like conquest where they will eat aoe after aoe.

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:S/D ele is actually pretty good right now. Probably the strongest 1v1 side-noder outside of Mesmer.nah, scrapper can do better than ele in holding side nodes. sword eles lose the point quite easily as soon as it's a 1v2. Scrapper is also super good in teamfights with the rez/stomp/condi clenses/reflects whereas sword eles offers basically nothing other than some cc (cant even rez teammates or cleave downed bodies well).

There's a reason why you see a lot more of them (along with revs) in off season and unranked. It's because they are fun to play but trash.

@LazySummer.2568 said:

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:S/D ele is actually pretty good right now. Probably the strongest 1v1 side-noder outside of Mesmer.nah, scrapper can do better than ele in holding side nodes. sword eles lose the point quite easily as soon as it's a 1v2. Scrapper is also super good in teamfights with the rez/stomp/condi clenses/reflects whereas sword eles offers basically nothing other than some cc (cant even rez teammates or cleave downed bodies well).

There's a reason why you see a lot more of them (along with revs) in off season and unranked. It's because they are fun to play but trash.

You've seen some pretty bad sword weavers then. It's not uncommon that it the last season, and still in automated tournaments that I held 2 for over a minute until a third comes in, which will commonly happen as you can hold points long enough to let your team outnumber and kill a player who will respawn and go after you. Whoever thinks that a 1v2 is an easy win against a weaver with experience has seen some pretty bad weavers.

Archived