Skippable Cutscenes

DJZephyr.4921

So due to various stability issues or getting my armor eaten by a certain boss, I've had to restart several story instances in PoF. This means sitting thru mountains of dialogue and seemingly endless cinematics THAT I'VE ALREADY SEEN BEFORE.

The dialogue may be another issue, maybe addressed by saving checkpoints even if I leave an instance, but the cutscenes are a simple fix - MAKE ALL CUTSCENES AND CINEMATICS SKIPPABLE. As much as I've enjoyed these stories, I don't need too see them twice.

I think at some point Anet stated they could not make the scenes so you could skip them. I'm tired and can't recall why but I know it was an issue brought up with season 3 and maybe even season 2. Long drawn out scenes while NPCs go on and on bout things you have seen and heard already or maybe don't even care about. It bothers me too but I don't now if it will be changed.

As a person that does not care about the story, I just want to get to the fighting, I could do with a way to get to it quicker as well. Heck, I don't even know what the story is. Something about dragons, Logan was there at some point and a queen, killed a dragon I think, some annoying Asura kid that keeps busting into my speakers more frequently than I care for and I wish would just decide to go to college or something so they would leave me alone, vines or something like that, baby dragon, and a demon or something. I don't care. I usually try to jump around and climb on things while the NPCs are talking. I just want to go fight stuff. But hey, that's just me. ;)

@JustTrogdor.7892 said:I think at some point Anet stated they could not make the scenes so you could skip them. I'm tired and can't recall why but I know it was an issue brought up with season 3 and maybe even season 2. Long drawn out scenes while NPCs go on and on bout things you have seen and heard already or maybe don't even care about. It bothers me too but I don't now if it will be changed.

It's not that they can't, it's that it's hard. Lots of little pieces and moving them around, making sure they are recreated and respond to AI cues, etc.While I very much want proper scene skipping or achievement retry triggers, that sort of stuff has to be built in very early with break points and AI strings that respond properly.

@DJZephyr.4921 said:So due to various stability issues or getting my armor eaten by a certain boss, I've had to restart several story instances in PoF. This means sitting thru mountains of dialogue and seemingly endless cinematics THAT I'VE ALREADY SEEN BEFORE.

The dialogue may be another issue, maybe addressed by saving checkpoints even if I leave an instance, but the cutscenes are a simple fix - MAKE ALL CUTSCENES AND CINEMATICS SKIPPABLE. As much as I've enjoyed these stories, I don't need too see them twice.

This is, possibly, one of the purest sources of frustration in the game to me. It drives me CRAZY to have to sit and listen to these moron NPCs drone on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on on and on and on and on and on and on on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on on and on and on and on and on and on...

Especially the ridiculous, token female characters who were put into absurd positions for PC reasons. I just want to play the game.

@JustTrogdor.7892 said:I think at some point Anet stated they could not make the scenes so you could skip them. I'm tired and can't recall why but I know it was an issue brought up with season 3 and maybe even season 2.

Can confirm that season 2 has unskippable cutscenes too. It's like double the punishment for dying :/

@Norseman.4280 said:I love the cut scenes. I really wish they'd go back to the old living story style ones, the art was so good!I understand having to sit though something twice is maddening to some people but it's a tiny small price to pay for good story telling.

I too like most of the scenes. They have some great VAs, and the banter between a certain two Dragon's Watch grouches is one of the highlights of this expansion. But once I've seen them, I prefer to skip them, especially if the only reason I'm watching them is because of a crash or disconnect.

@JustTrogdor.7892 said:I think at some point Anet stated they could not make the scenes so you could skip them. I'm tired and can't recall why but I know it was an issue brought up with season 3 and maybe even season 2. Long drawn out scenes while NPCs go on and on bout things you have seen and heard already or maybe don't even care about. It bothers me too but I don't now if it will be changed.

As a person that does not care about the story, I just want to get to the fighting, I could do with a way to get to it quicker as well. Heck, I don't even know what the story is. Something about dragons, Logan was there at some point and a queen, killed a dragon I think, some annoying Asura kid that keeps busting into my speakers more frequently than I care for and I wish would just decide to go to college or something so they would leave me alone, vines or something like that, baby dragon, and a demon or something. I don't care. I usually try to jump around and climb on things while the NPCs are talking. I just want to go fight stuff. But hey, that's just me. ;)

I _really _enjoyed this post!

Archived