WvW Work In Progress

• ArenaNet Staff

Hey folks!

I've been meaning to get this up for a while. Most of this won't come as news to anyone, if you've been following our posts. But I wanted to get a thread that summarized it all.

The following list contains a selection of changes that currently are on the WvW Team backlog. This list is not all-inclusive; it only includes features that have been started. Keep in mind that plans change, priorities shift, and projects always take longer than we’d like. Some of these improvements are many months from completion, and some may be removed if our priorities shift. If that is the case, we’ll update this post in the future.

World Restructuring

Siege re-evaluation

• Review balance and usability of current siege

Obsidian Weapon Set

• Group 1 (Released 12/12)
  • Group 2 (Released 3/27)

Quality of Life

• Repeatable Reward Track Auto-Restart (If the reward track you have selected is repeatable, it will remain set upon completion)
  • WvW Enrichments

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something major that needs to be addressed is the fact a whole section of the Desert Borderlands doesn't allow blinks. The NE side of NE tower has a whole section where you can't blink in ANY class. Not ele, not mesmer, not thief, nothing. No teleports work there. Its been like this for WAY too long now and it completely screws up gameplay for any class that depends on these mobility tools.

It may seem minor, but repeatable reward tracks will be such a nice addition. One question though: Will it be automatic or selectable? Either would be great, but I like to leave my completed reward tracks marked as full once I have all the unique skins and goodies from them, just so I don't have to go look them up later to remember if I have it all or not. If the spillover goes back into that track again after I have the last skin I won't be able to use that personal notation any more. That's not a big deal and I'd love repeatable tracks either way, but being able to select whether to apply it would also be a huge benefit . . .

@"Gop.8713" said:Will it be automatic or selectable? Either would be greatThe most elegant solution would simply be "Choose another track" (brings you to the WvW reward track menu) or "Repeat track" (automatically repeats the track) buttons instead of the regular old accept button on the final chest. But I suppose we'll see. From the sounds of things, it's just gonna be a plain repeat as is. Which means the problem will be the reverse instead - you'll forget what track you are running lol.

@"Kitta.3657" said:

WvW Enrichments

What does this mean exactly? Is it meant to be a catch-all word for fixes of anything WvW related?

Enrichments are kind of like infusions but you can put them only in your amulet. We currently have 4 Enrichments...EXP, gold drop, karma gain and magic find.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Enrichment

They are looking to add 2 more for wvw...WEXP and reward track gain.I just hope they will be 20% increase like the other ones....

Speaking of which, would you guys please consider guild boosters (enhancements from tavern) to be available universally instead of just HoT owners. It's weird having something for guilds locked behind that. Guild benefits when joining a guild should be available to anyone joining them - it looks weird when you have to explain to others the reason behind it.

@Felipe.1807 said:

@Swagger.1459 said:@"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" Would be really sweet to have a +25% movement speed enrichment!

There are skills and/or traits for each class that provide this. Build for it.

My guardian still waiting for his passive 25% movement speed...oh well, maybe next elite spec

Was there not enough emphasis on SKILL? Why did that imply passive? Learn to use swiftness or/and "build for it"...

D:

@GDchiaScrub.3241 said:

@Swagger.1459 said:@"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" Would be really sweet to have a +25% movement speed enrichment!

My guardian still waiting for his passive 25% movement speed...oh well, maybe next elite spec

Was there not enough emphasis on SKILL? Why did that imply passive? Learn to use swiftness or/and "build for it"...

D:

Thank you

@GDchiaScrub.3241 said:

D:

Swagger was talking about 25% movement speed...also, dont think its fair make me waste a skill slot for retreat or any other skill that give swiftness while other professions can take an actually usefull skill, put me on a huge disadvantage, and traveler runes suck too lol

@Felipe.1807 said:

D:

Swagger was talking about 25% movement speed...also, dont think its fair make me waste a skill slot for retreat or any other skill that give swiftness while other professions can take an actually usefull skill, put me on a huge disadvantage, and traveler runes suck too lol

Then roll a class that does. They have disadvantages too. Negating those with an enrichment?

Well, give thief and Mesmer +25% damage enrichment, or +25% armor enhancement.

Archived