Will Revenant remain strong?

Omnicron.2467

I am new to WvW and I have heard Revenant is strong in this game mode. I have played him in various settings and usually prefer using another character for Fractals, Raids, and even Open World.

Wonder if I can enjoy him in WvW. I like the idea of Power Hammer Herald. If he is gonna sucks here now I will probably play Thief or Mesmer or delete my rev and make a scourge

The CoR nerf kinda puts rev on my "meh" pile. It gave up much in the way of mobility, condi cleanse, and general panic buttons in order to do obscene damage. Now its damage feels merely adequate, while its survivability remains subpar. In most circumstances, I feel like staff ele is a better choice.

CoR can still hit for above 10k every 4sec, and most of the other hammer abilities can hit like a truck still.You're not really going to roam with that build it's meant for groups so you can worry a little less about survivability and generally just positioning.Ele's have access to better panic buttons but all their hard hitting skills are on longer cooldowns and require targets to stay in the area for a period of time.

CoR nerf made the class irrelevant in WvW. If you want to do AoE damage at range while in large groups do play Necro builds; if you want to play a support or tanky character use a Guard. If you want to roam get a Mesmer, Thief or Ranger: will serve you better.

Rev is for hybrid damage at PvE raids, and was once good at gathering and mining rich ores (before quickness was deleted from Impossible Odds). At the release was godlike for PvP, due their high damage and sustain tried to cloack the lack of polish of an unfinished class, but time past, nerfs were made but the bugs, unbalances and clunckyness stays. Just reroll.

It's not as bad as people are saying, but aside from hammer rev I've been having fun roaming on my glint/shiro again with sword/sword+staff. Of course there are other class choices that may be suitable for that situation but damn it feels good beating people with it, it's just overall fun for me. Kalla renegade on the other hand - please Anet, I want to roam with kalla sbow XDIf you are going to be doing some form of group play hammer rev is totally fine even after the changes.

hammer rev is still decent in zergs despite the nerf...

renegade is still useless despite buffs and will remain so until they change the fact that resistance gets corrupted into immobilize... (like nearly half the player base pointed out in the giant WvW balance thread that they probably didn't read)

@"Omnicron.2467" said:Thanks for the replies! Mixed advice, but seems Rev is ok, but other choices are better, much like rest of the game :/

Is Ventari/Glint support a strong option?

Minstrel tablet rev probably the best "pure healer" in the game. 10k bursts of heal every 3-4 sec.But it isn't easy to play since people have to be near your tablet to get healed.Also besides that heal plus some alacrity, it does not have anything else to offer really.

@Buran.3796 said:CoR nerf made the class irrelevant in WvW. If you want to do AoE damage at range while in large groups do play Necro builds; if you want to play a support or tanky character use a Guard. If you want to roam get a Mesmer, Thief or Ranger: will serve you better.

Rev is for hybrid damage at PvE raids, and was once good at gathering and mining rich ores (before quickness was deleted from Impossible Odds). At the release was godlike for PvP, due their high damage and sustain tried to cloack the lack of polish of an unfinished class, but time past, nerfs were made but the bugs, unbalances and clunckyness stays. Just reroll.

Not true at all. Power Rev still bring significant damage to a zerg situation. For pure AoE damage zerk staff elementalist is going to do far more than a Scourge will.

Archived