Champions in Queensdale

Texas.4861

Why were all the Champions demoted to Veterans in Queensdale and not in other beginning areas. I know people did runs, but players do runs all over the game. I could certainly understand doing them like Bosses and restricting the big prise to once a day. The champ runs were fun and helped lower levels get more Shinies.

@Texas.4861 said:Why were all the Champions demoted to Veterans in Queensdale and not in other beginning areas. I know people did runs, but players do runs all over the game. I could certainly understand doing them like Bosses and restricting the big prise to once a day. The champ runs were fun and helped lower levels get more Shinies.

The drama.

@Dashingsteel.3410 said:I still can't figure out why they didn't change them to elites. Turning them into veterans was a joke, especially the Rotting veteran oakheart that is surrounded by other veteran oakhearts. Why not at least keep some of the challenge?

Because they're literally starting zones, that's not the place for challenging content (most newbies will still be in starting gear).

@Menadena.7482 said:

@"Ayrilana.1396" said:Looks like also because players weren’t actually
playing
the game.

Look at the thread again. That thread is 3 years old. I assume the question is about the bandit champs that were added more recently, not the old champ train.

Huh? The OP is asking about the champs in the starter maps that aren’t there anymore.

I was one of those who'd solo a champ out of order, hoping to get the "train" to go elsewhere. There never should have been an "order."

Some poor newbie would come along and trigger a champ and then be verbally attacked by the whole "train." It made Queensdale seriously unpleasant. Beside that, It's really not in the spirit of GW2 to run around in circles and try to pad one's account.

It didn't used to be in the spirit.

Having run it at the time, it was EXTREMELY toxic, with people flaming anyone and everyone in map chat for not killing the right champ in the right order at the right time for maximum loot bag gain. It was not a good time, even going so far as to earn me PM's with harassment of the typical "KYS" kind when I was seen near a champ that was killed out of rotation.

It just wasn't good.

@Texas.4861 said:Why were all the Champions demoted to Veterans in Queensdale and not in other beginning areas. I know people did runs, but players do runs all over the game. I could certainly understand doing them like Bosses and restricting the big prise to once a day. The champ runs were fun and helped lower levels get more Shinies.

to nerf the farm

@Pifil.5193 said:

@"Texas.4861" said:Well they did leave Champs in other starter areas.

No they pretty much changed them all to veterans in the same patch. Or at least they changed all the champs that don't have pre-events to stop the trains.

Saw both the grawl champion middle map and captain ghost far left ascalon ruins as late as 2 days ago.

@"Ithilwen.1529" said:I was one of those who'd solo a champ out of order, hoping to get the "train" to go elsewhere. There never should have been an "order."

Some poor newbie would come along and trigger a champ and then be verbally attacked by the whole "train." It made Queensdale seriously unpleasant. Beside that, It's really not in the spirit of GW2 to run around in circles and try to pad one's account.

You solo champ out of order thats not very nice, sounds like you did help contribute to the "drama". I would have just said "please be nice to the new guys, they were obviously not aware."

@"Ithilwen.1529" said:I was one of those who'd solo a champ out of order, hoping to get the "train" to go elsewhere. There never should have been an "order."

It could get pretty bad if a champ was activated in the “incorrect” order. The ocd (excuse me cdo) champ train was pretty salty for a starter map.

Since there are now things like the Yoko Ono incursion now, and in Queensdale there are the bandits, it would be nice to have those be Elites, and they probably should have been demoted to that instead of veterans to begin with. The train still would have dispersed if they were elites, and they'd be fun to try with some lowbies. :)

@Linken.6345 said:

No they pretty much changed them all to veterans in the same patch. Or at least they changed all the champs that don't have pre-events to stop the trains.

Saw both the grawl champion middle map and captain ghost far left ascalon ruins as late as 2 days ago.

OK cool. The point is they wanted to break up the trains so they replaced the champions that could be part of those trains in all starter maps. (the ones that quickly respawned and those without pre-events especially).

They seem to have left more champions in Ashford than other starter maps, maybe because there's no world boss there and they want people to see "big" enemies early on.

Well I still start the Troll and try to drag him out into the farm area for lower levels...

@"Wisty.1867" said:Having run it at the time, it was EXTREMELY toxic, with people flaming anyone and everyone in map chat for not killing the right champ in the right order at the right time for maximum loot bag gain. It was not a good time, even going so far as to earn me PM's with harassment of the typical "KYS" kind when I was seen near a champ that was killed out of rotation.

It just wasn't good.

Never experienced that, but that is usual in games like this... 'Pay no attention to the whiner behind in map chat, remove that mirror'

@Menadena.7482 said:

@"Ayrilana.1396" said:Looks like also because players weren’t actually
playing
the game.

Look at the thread again. That thread is 3 years old. I assume the question is about the bandit champs that were added more recently, not the old champ train.

Absolutely not. Read again. This is about champs like Troll or Oakheart, the old endgame content for veterans called QD champ trains.

@Pifil.5193 said:

OK cool. The point is they wanted to break up the trains so they replaced the champions that could be part of those trains in all starter maps. (the ones that quickly respawned and those without pre-events especially).

They seem to have left more champions in Ashford than other starter maps, maybe because there's no world boss there and they want people to see "big" enemies early on.

Better answer is the decision was made to exclusively break champ trains and the "starter zone should be easy" argument was just an excuse. If they wanted to be consisted they would have nerfed champs in all starter maps.

It was toxic as hell, good riddance to it.

People were acting as if they owned the map and were trolling people for doing events and calling out events for other people who were just trying to play the game and level up their toons. It created a very bad experience for new players.

Archived