RIP Bunker Rev

BlaqueFyre.5678

@messiah.1908 said:rip bunker rev but hello support rev (maybe)

bunker rev was the support rev. ventari rev would have been totally fine as a support without the knockback. but now they nerfed the sustain heal by 300% and the condi cleanse by 100%.

honestly, they could have changed the explosion to cause no cc at all and it would have been a better change.

Good example of what happens when the balance team nerfs based on statistics instead of an actual understanding of what makes something OP.

Pro players of literally every ranked game ever ( Dota, LoL, Smite, Counterstrike, Starcraft, etc ) have all pointed out unanimously that nerfing something randomly because it's being overplayed is bad and a band-aid fix to actual problems. Devs still refuse to listen.

@Jekkt.6045 said:

bunker rev was the support rev. ventari rev would have been totally fine as a support without the knockback. but now they nerfed the sustain heal by 300% and the condi cleanse by 100%.

honestly, they could have changed the explosion to cause no cc at all and it would have been a better change.

how so? you still can use ee and get 6-8 fragments which heal about 10k total. you have 10 sec icd so when use again you can cleanse 5-6 conditions

atm its not bunker and cap a point rather sustain on point and heal.

@messiah.1908 said:

@Jekkt.6045 said:

how so? you still can use ee and get 6-8 fragments which heal about 10k total. you have 10 sec icd so when use again you can cleanse 5-6 conditions

with a cooldown of around 3s you could heal your team with the fragments and cleanse a condition every 5s with the combo field. now you can cleanse 1 condition every 10s with the same combo while having 3x less heal because of the 10s icd. that's a very big nerf to teamfight support which was not necessary at all. there were better ways to nerf the decap cheese. now they broke the "decap rev" while also breaking support rev and i don't think ventari rev as a healer is viable anymore.

there was nothing wrong with the support capabilities of the build so they could have simply changed the knockback to a daze. support rev had a bit more healing than tempest but less damage, which was a fair trade off. now they will have around the same healing but a big difference in damage. why would you ever pick support rev over tempest now?

Hopefully they can find a way to make Ventari useful without making it unfun to fight against like it was before. I don't like any spec being worthless, but lets face it did we really want this build to be meta? It was low risk and high reward in addition to it winning via forcing decaps instead of actually fighting which is bad for any game based around combat.

@Jekkt.6045 said:

@messiah.1908 said:

@Jekkt.6045 said:

with a cooldown of around 3s you could heal your team with the fragments and cleanse a condition every 5s with the combo field. now you can cleanse 1 condition every 10s with the same combo while having 3x less heal because of the 10s icd. that's a very big nerf to teamfight support which was not necessary at all. there were better ways to nerf the decap cheese. now they broke the "decap rev" while also breaking support rev and i don't think ventari rev as a healer is viable anymore.

there was nothing wrong with the support capabilities of the build so they could have simply changed the knockback to a daze. support rev had a bit more healing than tempest but less damage, which was a fair trade off. now they will have around the same healing but a big difference in damage. why would you ever pick support rev over tempest now?

It had the ability to sustain 1v2 and 1v3s, decap aside. Anet has a history of doing away with bunker-type builds that can sustain outnumbered fights like that for unreasonably long times.

@Arcaedus.7290 said:

@Jekkt.6045 said:

@messiah.1908 said:

@Jekkt.6045 said:

It had the ability to sustain 1v2 and 1v3s, decap aside. Anet has a history of doing away with bunker-type builds that can sustain outnumbered fights like that for unreasonably long times.

you can't build up pressure if you get knocked away 450 range every 3-5s. with a different type of cc this would have not been possible. if you can sustain 1v3 then it has more to do with lack of skill anyway, as i have sustained 1v3 on tempest for a couple of times too.

@messiah.1908 said:you cried and you get what you deserve....i am hoping for more cleanse with renegade for anet to buff it more. if so maybe a comeback

I've always been arguing against overnerfing stuff, i explicetedly stated that only the knockback should be adressed, then when Olrun suggested to compensate it by buffing it's existing support abilities i agreed. It ain't my fault A-net is so incompetent with balancing that they will take the balancing too far. it's the same with fucking up warriors's condi managements and the strength line in pve Justt cause they were complaints they went overboard with it. Another build got nerfed into bieng useless which is another build less to choose from. Sure we have new elite specs but having more possibilities would be nice.

@"Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318" said:

@messiah.1908 said:I've always been arguing against overnerfing stuff

Do you even smiters boon?https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Smiter%27s_Boon_(PvP)

It became a thing it got "smiters booned" I didnt read the changes for rev but nerfing things out of existence is one way they deal with things. It was my favorite monk to play in random arenas got nerfed for gvg.

Its quite fascinating pre update since it'll require you to be always contested or must be in combat. maybe the lack of time way back in the demo on my side and am just trying to fictionalize everything, but, i do not know how this Tablet currently fair well post patch onward since i don't own both expansion to beta test any, not to mention the release of Renegade which i assume very likely interms of synergy and over slay stuff with them additional button; as casual, vod would be very helpful on its current state.Fine,may be they compensated shortbow whilst we know that, that's not the way to go unless desperate times to racked up, you know, viewership in pub game and followers which is very very difficult getting them in-game. then again, i keen towards Firebrand now that most of them Mantra share some interesting tool tip.As always, am not questioning their platonic ability to cash grab or shark things and maybe put equity as far them variety is concern in this rotten industry; as a charlatan take it lightly.

Archived