Build for an Elementalist

Simeonus.9237

Hello. I've got a friend and she's playing Weaver but honestly she's bad, really bad. Someone at the begining of her "GW2 journey" adviced her to play whatever she want when she asked and it wasn't a wise idea in my opinion but nevermind. I would like you to help me find some decent build for T4 Fractals/Raids. Snow Crow meta weaver's rotation may be too hard, well actually it is to do in realistic scenario for her. Is there any good tempest/weaver build that's relatively easy? One without conjures that still do some significant DPS would be great. Thank you in advance, cheers.

P.S. I already suggested her to swap to necro but she insist on "mastering" elementalist(lol).

@"Simeonus.9237" said:Hello. I've got a friend and she's playing Weaver but honestly she's bad, really bad. Someone at the begining of her "GW2 journey" adviced her to play whatever she want when she asked and it wasn't a wise idea in my opinion but nevermind. I would like you to help me find some decent build for T4 Fractals/Raids. Snow Crow meta weaver's rotation may be too hard, well actually it is to do in realistic scenario for her. Is there any good tempest/weaver build that's relatively easy? One without conjures that still do some significant DPS would be great. Thank you in advance, cheers.

P.S. I already suggested her to swap to necro but she insist on "mastering" elementalist(lol).

The easy build I can think of is dagger/warhorn fresh air tempest. But it will be much less efficient. And so would necro. In the context of t4 and raids, weaver is the proper choice and the decision to stick with it and master it is a good one. You could take a look at power dragonhunter and power holosmith builds since you're aiming at t4. Condi mirage is an excellent and easy to play build, but power is generally better in fractals. Another raid option is shortbow/shortbow soulbeast, that would be easy to play as well, but it is, again, condi.

I would suggest picking tempest if she has acces to hot elites. The rotation is much easier and when she is comfident she can try to swap to weaver.It wasnt a bad idea and i have to say i like players that want to improve instead of complaining that stuff is too hard. If she doesnt give up she is on right track to master ele.

The build i would suggest is staff fresh air tempest. It has great cleave to kill mobs in fractals and decent dps for bosses. I guess you can find rotation online but its basicaly

Overload air->fire->meteor shover->overload fire->lighting hamner->air->overload air->water->air(because of fresh air)->repeat

You cast lavafont whenever ready

@"Simeonus.9237" said:Hello. I've got a friend and she's playing Weaver but honestly she's bad, really bad. Someone at the begining of her "GW2 journey" adviced her to play whatever she want when she asked and it wasn't a wise idea in my opinion but nevermind. I would like you to help me find some decent build for T4 Fractals/Raids. Snow Crow meta weaver's rotation may be too hard, well actually it is to do in realistic scenario for her. Is there any good tempest/weaver build that's relatively easy? One without conjures that still do some significant DPS would be great. Thank you in advance, cheers.

There's a saying, learn to walk before you run. Aside from raids and perhaps the top 3 fractal you can play pretty play any build (skew towards damage if thats the role you aim for) , what she should be doing is learning the fights and how to switch between defense and offense and learning all her skills, not picking a build from meta that is rotation orientated (that come come later when its actually needed)

How is the 'really bad' qualified? does she die a lot? is someone playing the dps meter game? GW games are all about enjoying the builds and skills and getting satisfaction out of leveraging performance out of your favorite builds.

The main reason why raids/high fractals are hard is that players need to do more then one thing at the time. They need to do rotations, do mechanics and position correctly. It might be too much for new(er) player.To improve you need to prioritize. Many ele players ficus on rotation and die alot to bad position/mechanics. To imorove you need to master parts separately. Thats why tanking in minstrel is great to learn. You can focus on position and not hp. Tell her to either master rotation on golem so well that she doesnt need to focus on it or change to easier rotation (tempest) to learn positioning and then change back. It is more important if she is alive then if she does perfect rotation.

@ButcherofMalakir.4067 said:The main reason why raids/high fractals are hard is that players need to do more then one thing at the time. They need to do rotations, do mechanics and position correctly. It might be too much for new(er) player.To improve you need to prioritize. Many ele players ficus on rotation and die alot to bad position/mechanics. To imorove you need to master parts separately. Thats why tanking in minstrel is great to learn. You can focus on position and not hp. Tell her to either master rotation on golem so well that she doesnt need to focus on it or change to easier rotation (tempest) to learn positioning and then change back. It is more important if she is alive then if she does perfect rotation.

exactly so ^^ :) to use that old phrase, you do no damage when you are dead. Give yourself some slack with some defenses then flex your build over time as you learn and adapt. More fun to boot for the new player.

For wvw there the silly glass staff weaver atm but sadly most of its real dmg is only going to come after the scorge bomb has soften up the other teams boons and over all ability to move. I am not sure why they made it so ele can no longer have soft cc on its dmg skills use it use to be able with glyph of elemental power. I am not sure if there is a real viable build in wvw for the ele class as things stand. There just so much more other classes can pull off then ele could ever hope to.

O right silly glass build.http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQFAWnMMAtMgdOA+4C8RgFCA7eV/qn1CTyJQJIoAEAGAA-jVCEQBOUJyWUCCgLAg70Bki9HYiyrEp2TMfAALSVASBExQL-w

if ele i would also suggest tempest (celestial mixed with other gear depending on build). Tempest has some pauses and is more reactive while weaver is rotationg through skills like a madman and much more difficult. Tempest can do good power and burn damage so i enjoy most pieces being viper on it. Also using sword for all melee makes it much harder.

Archived