Gemstore Item: Living World Season 2 Complete Pack - incorrect sale %?

Omichron.7853

I see that Living World Season 2 Complete Pack is currently marked as being 50% off. I have 5 stories that are still locked, so that would normally be 1000 gems (200 gems per chapter) if I bought them individually. Assuming the pack is at least as cheap as unlocking them individually, that means a 50% discount would make it 500 gems, or less.

However, it's showing up as being 800 gems, with 1600 gems as the 'normal' price (which would mean that the pack would be charging 320 gems per chapter normally, which makes no sense). It still is a discount over 1000 gems, but only of 20%. This matches what's https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/139802/#Comment_139802 but not what's being displayed in-game.

Furthermore, to add to my confusion, the Season 3 pack (2 chapter) is at 320 gems, no discount, implying that buying them in a pack would normally make each chapter 160 gems, meaning there's no discount at all in the season 2 pack.

So, after all this, my question: What's the normal price for season 2 complete pack? Is there a bug in the UI/store? Is there a sale actually happening?

Please help me understand this. Thanks.

@WARIORSCHARGEING.2637 said:season 2 complete pack if I remember this right is 2000 gems if you got none of it unlocked

So this still confuses me. There are 8 chapters. They're each 200 gems. The pack is, therefore, MORE expensive than buying the chapters individually? Or do chapters increase in price the more of them you ahve to buy with gems? First, 200 gems, second 220 gems, etc?

Here's a cropped screenshot of what I'm seeing in-game.

Cropped image

And a less-cropped version, without being in 'details' view.A less cropped version

Links in case the images are causing issues:https://imgur.com/a/OdEBuhttps://imgur.com/k7sZIpH

It sounds like my store UI is messed up, and both season 2 and 3 are at 20% off (when compared against individual chapter prices)?

I am in the same predicament. I am interested in purchasing the remaining chapters of Living World Season 2 to acquire easy Tyria mastery points. I currently own 5, 6 and 7 so I just need to purchase five more chapters: 1, 2, 3, 4 and 8. If you go through the story journal, each chapter says "Buy Now for 200 gems." That means it would normally cost me 1,000 gems.

Under the Black Lion Trading Company promotion, it states 50% off Living World Season 2 Complete Pack from regularly 1,600 down to 800 gems. The normal price of 1,600 gems makes sense because each chapter cost 200 gems and there are eight chapters total. However, it does state "The following items are not included due to purchase limits. Price has been adjusted appropriately" meaning because I already have three of the five chapters, the price should adjust accordingly to 500 gems.

@Healix.5819 said:The complete packs are normally 20% off, so it's 160 gems per episode. You're seeing 50% off? On a fresh account, I'm seeing 20%.

I am a new player and I do in fact see 50%. 20% would be more logical since 20% of 1000 gems is 800.I would appreciate some more clarity on the true pricing of Living World Season 2. If they have a text saying 50%, they should honor it.

@valkyrieskirt.1528 said:I am in the same predicament. I am interested in purchasing the remaining chapters of Living World Season 2 to acquire easy Tyria mastery points. I currently own 5, 6 and 7 so I just need to purchase five more chapters: 1, 2, 3, 4 and 8. If you go through the story journal, each chapter says "Buy Now for 200 gems." That means it would normally cost me 1,000 gems.

So I found what I believe to be an answer in a separate thread and I think the answer is this: the discount is 20% (so in your case, 5 episodes = 1000 gems normally, with the 20% discount, ends up being 800 gems).

However, the DISPLAY is all sorts of messed up. I think that the math in the UI is calculating the discount based off of your (final cost) / (normal full living story cost) = (discounted percent). So 800 / 1600 = 0.5 => 50%, when it should be (final cost) / (normal living story cost WITHOUT purchased items). 800 / 1000 = 0.8 => 80% of the cost, 20% discount .

So you're not getting a 50%, 40%, etc discount. Just 20%.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/145102/#Comment_145102

I'm convinced that this is just a UI bug. If the final cost is NOT 20% discount off the chapters you haven't unlocked yet, then I'd be worried.

@valkyrieskirt.1528 said:I would appreciate some more clarity on the true pricing of Living World Season 2. If they have a text saying 50%, they should honor it.

The % is calculated based on the total individual price (1600) vs the dynamic bundle price (800 in your case) rather than the total bundle price (1280), which is why different people see different values. The normal price is 200 gems per episode, whereas the normal bundle price is 160 gems per episode. You see 50% off because it's 800 gems for the 5 episodes, but it's factoring the total as 1600 gems for the 8 individual episodes. It's only displayed like this since they changed the design of the store, so I'm guessing this is a bug, but it doesn't really matter since it is technically 50% off if you see is as a complete pack that isn't dynamically adjusted.

Five Episodes at 160 Gems each (20% off of regular 200 Gems each) = 800 Gems. The 800 Gems would be 50% off of the regular price of 1600 Gems for all 8 Episodes at 200 Gems each. The Gem Store always seems to calculate discount percentages on the total of all items individually priced, even when packaged together as a bundle. (It's not just Living World Season bundles, it's any thing that comes bundled together, even multiples of items, such as a 5- or 25-pack of Keys, or such.) It's a weird quirk the Gem Store has. You are getting 50% off of the cost of buying all 8 Episodes individually; it just doesn't ever calculate discount percentages based on bundle prices or dynamic pricing from having any part(s) already unlocked.

@Hevoskuuri.3891 said:I have no idea what you guys are talking about, I got my full season 2 pack for little under 500 gems.

How did you get the full pack for such a small amount of gems? I purchased the 7 episodes that I needed for 1,120 and that was when it was on special, when did you buy the full season 2 pack?

@LightningWolfTigerBear.6725 said:On my end it shows 40% off. Something screwy is going on.com5m1l.jpg

I understand why you see 40% off, because you need 6 chapters so you are getting 40% off from 1600 gems.But why are we getting the discount on the total bundle price of 1600 and not off the amount that we need. I thought you should be getting the discount off 1200 because you already have two chapters unlocked and if you were to purchase the 6 chapters normally wouldn't the bundle only cost you 1200 not 1600?

@DaniEdwards.3245 said:

@Hevoskuuri.3891 said:I have no idea what you guys are talking about, I got my full season 2 pack for little under 500 gems.

How did you get the full pack for such a small amount of gems? I purchased the 7 episodes that I needed for 1,120 and that was when it was on special, when did you buy the full season 2 pack?

No idea, it always said "you can purchase this item for a special discount" (or something along those lines). The original price was always 600-something gems, but when it was on sale, it dropped down to 400-something and I bought it.

Not sure if the discount came from pre-ordering HoT or what.

Archived