Why is party chat disappearing after party is disbanded? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Why is party chat disappearing after party is disbanded?

I find it annoying. Sometimes I would like to have party chat stored for later review - perhaps for reporting purpose or just because it was funny.
Apologies if this was answered elsewhere, if so mods please merge...
Thanks.

Rytlock Brimstone: So we find the archon, take him out, then use Kas's "imposter" trick to take his place, right?
Lady Kasmeer Meade: It's not a trick. Mesmers don't do "tricks"—we utilize illusion.
Rytlock Brimstone: Yeah, yeah. You guys are worse than elementalists.

Best Answer

• Kheldorn.5123Kheldorn.5123 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

It was fixed shortly before HoT release and at some point they reverted the change. Probably an oversight.

Answers

• Been a long while for a simple oversight, though. Maybe no one told them so far? (Unlikely.)

Very annoying - especially since there is apparently no way of knowing who you played with (short of actually writing it down yourself, of course, but what do we have these intelligent machines for, if not taking notes for us?).

At a time, I liked my account name. But by now I'd prefer to use my character name - Rejutka Lupex.
    I guess on Tyria, an account name is like a tattoo - hard to change, almost impossible to remove :-)

• Cynn.1659Cynn.1659 Member ✭✭✭

@Deadly Moonshiner.1354 said:
    I find it annoying. Sometimes I would like to have party chat stored for later review - perhaps for reporting purpose or just because it was funny.
    Thanks.

So you can't have proof of toxic elitists existing. Suddenly game appears 10 times friendlier.

• Kheldorn.5123Kheldorn.5123 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Cynn.1659 said:

Thanks.

So you can't have proof of toxic elitists existing. Suddenly game appears 10 times friendlier.

raid squad chat is enough to prove that :)

• Alga.6498Alga.6498 Member ✭✭✭✭

It is really annoying, specially if you are going to add someone from the party but disbanded Before you got the time to add that player. :angry:
    But my guess would be, deletes toxic comments/insults or other nasty things from a party chat that can go wrong.

| Separatist | Nightmare Court | Inquest | White Mantle | Sunspears | Loyalists | Ascalon | Kryta | Ebonhawke | Elona | Istan | Kourna | Vabbi | Cantha | Luxon | Kurzick | 71 characters | "Rally to me, Ascalonians!" "Keep Ascalon in your heart." "May the Gods protect you." "Be blessed by the Six."

• Zaklex.6308Zaklex.6308 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Cynn.1659 said:

Thanks.

Your statement is incorrect: all chat is logged by ArenaNet, so all you need to do is refer to the time and place and they can pull up the chat log.

Yes...no...maybe...what do you want, can't you see I'm busy saving the world...AGAIN!

• Menadena.7482Menadena.7482 Member ✭✭✭✭

Add my vote to wanting party chat to remain. To go one better I would LOVE to see a local logging option for all chats. Chat logs in other games have saved me on countless times when I forgot something or had to compile a list of who attended an event.

New to the game? Feel free to give a yell if you need PVE help.

• Pifil.5193Pifil.5193 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Zaklex.6308 said:

@Cynn.1659 said:

Thanks.

Your statement is incorrect: all chat is logged by ArenaNet, so all you need to do is refer to the time and place and they can pull up the chat log.

I think it was a joke.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.