Any advice on support chrono from you pro chronos out there?

Amarantha Onyx.8962

So with a druid and both power and condi dps for raids, it is time for me to stop procrastinating gearing and learning support chrono. Things is I don't feel as comfortable with chrono as I do with say mirage and I'm sort of bad at it in my opinion. It seems to take me years to summon all clones and I lack the proper space to practise in fractals, dungeons, etc because the composition of my friends basically forces me to play druid.

So if any of you experienced chronos have any advice, I would really appreciate it :)

Hi, there is alot of things you can do on chrono so it can look much harder then it is. Look at snowcrows for domination/inspiration variant. This is the easiest to maintain quickness and alacrity.Practice opening rotation on golem (you need to cast 4 spells during 1 clone cs) and then you basicaly swap whenever signet of inspiration is ready and use it then phantasm. When your wells are up w8 until your swap is at 3 sec cd before casting them (for concentration proc)

Unlike dps class you can fail your rotation and still get maximum benefit. If you do the things above you can play secondary (non tanking) chrono. There is much more you can do but this is the basics. Other stuff will come to you eventualy.

EDIT: you can track you signet of inspiration proc from phantasms either by casting it after normal SoI because they have same cd ir you can check bar if you get distortion after phantasm cast

@"Amarantha Onyx.8962" said:So with a druid and both power and condi dps for raids, it is time for me to stop procrastinating gearing and learning support chrono. Things is I don't feel as comfortable with chrono as I do with say mirage and I'm sort of bad at it in my opinion. It seems to take me years to summon all clones and I lack the proper space to practise in fractals, dungeons, etc because the composition of my friends basically forces me to play druid.

So if any of you experienced chronos have any advice, I would really appreciate it :)

Same boat here! Got the Commander's gear and am working on the Leadership runes but it will take a lot of muscle memory to wipe out 8 yrs of tanking in WOW/ESO and others. This game is sooo different, but I accept the challenge of that which is tanking on Chrono. Besides, ours is burned out from being the only one so gotta help the team.We NEED a golem that hits back! That way I can practice somewhat using sw2 in my "rotation". The other bits I am getting down but really like the dom/inspire comment! I am running the chaos version but I reckon in open world and such there is no need, right?So thanks in advance to any others who answer the OP, I will be checking in to see what other nuggets are offered up! Cheers. ;)

There is a golem that hits back in fractals

Also domi/insp has an advantage in opening rotarion that you get distortion whole cs so you cannot me interupted in the middle.

After opening cs in most fights you cast next cs when cc is needed with moa and during that time you can cast quickness/alacrity spells while cs is still up. Also if you end cs with Tides of time you can quickly close cs after and cast it again before the first come back for 20s cd refund

If you want to learn tanking i would suggest to start as second chrono, then when you are comfident get minstrel gear and after you are comfident swap back even when tanking. Its much easier to practice one thing at a time.

And you can do almost normal rotation and cancel your spell with sword 2 to block, then recast canceled spell

Archived