Celestial gear time gated in 2018. What's up with that?

@"Nuka Cola.8520" said:What's the point? Its nowhere near OP. Is not new. What with the time gating of a stat?

So annoying that this one stat combo has been arbitrarily time-gated in such an extreme way. Its not any more "overpowered" than several of the PoF combos which are actually way easier to get. But whatever... Its just Anet, in typical fashion, creating stupid bottlenecks for no reason.

@Nuka Cola.8520 said:What's the point?The point is the same as its always been: they were experimenting with a variety of tools to influence stat acquisition and demand for certain mats. Changing it now has implications beyond a QoL improvement for a fraction of players: economic effects of prices for a small number of items, the need to update certain rewards (notably Wintersday Gifts).

None of that means that they shouldn't do it; it just means that it's not a simple matter of changing their mind.

Its nowhere near OP. Is not new. What with the time gating of a stat?It's been a meta stat in WvW in a variety of builds that some consider OP, from time to to time.

@Loosmaster.8263 said:I'm still waiting for them to update Celestial with the HoT and PoF stats.

You want them to decrease all the other stats by 20-30% so you can have a couple of additional stats?Regardless, I think they've said they weren't considering that.

@Nuka Cola.8520 said:

@Tasida.4085 said:If you want it, then work for it. Easy Peasy!!!! Why should it be a gimme after a bit of time really.

I don't want it, i have it. its a stat, not an armor skin nor a weapon skin. Its not a legendary item or an Ascended item. A stat. A time gated stat. Makes no sense.

Yep, it's one that has always been time gated. So while there's no need to time gate it there's also no need to change the process either.

It's just work for someone in ArenaNet to do anything with it.

@mercury ranique.2170 said:People always worked hard for it. Why stop now?

There is no 'hard work' involved with acquiring Celestial, never has been either. Taking 25 Quartz to a Hero Point and converting them to a Charged Quartz every day for a month is not difficult, it is tedious. Tedium does not make something difficult, it just makes it boring. I find there to be very little merit in arbitrarily assigned time-gates, especially ones that have long since out-lived their questionable usefulness.

i hardly play nowadays . have no time to run after items, ressources for month to actively play with others or to be allowed to play with others cause i grinded the gear they want to see or exclude me from the squad, zerg or whatever. done with that. gw1 was accessable for everyone by just playing the story further. fuck that money drainage. no im not poor, i could by any time buy enough gems to gold to directly get anything ingame, but thats no game i play its shopping over expensive pixel crap in alot of unfinished business cases.

@Fallesafe.5932 said:

@"steki.1478" said:Not having legendary gear in 2018, what's up with that?

There's also several sources of stat selectable gear in this game.

Wow, this guy just solved the problem!

Actually, this guy did solve part of the problem. Those who want to skip the wait time can go for one of the armors with "choosy stats" that allows for Celestial. The following search will display all Medium Coats in the game that have an option for celestial.

! wiki.guildwars2.com/index.php?title=Special%3AAsk&q=%5B%5BHas+armor+weight+class%3A%3AMedium%5D%5D+%5B%5BHas+selectable+equipment+prefix%3A%3Acelestial%5D%5D%5B%5BHas+equipment+supertype%3A%3AArmor%5D%5D+%5B%5Bhas+armor+type%3A%3ACoat%5D%5D&po=%3FHas+armor+type%0D%0A%3FHas+item+rarity%0D%0A&eq=yes&p%5Bformat%5D=broadtable&sort_num=&order_num=ASC&p%5Blimit%5D=500&p%5Boffset%5D=&p%5Blink%5D=all&p%5Bsort%5D=&p%5Bheaders%5D=show&p%5Bmainlabel%5D=&p%5Bintro%5D=&p%5Boutro%5D=&p%5Bsearchlabel%5D=...+further+results&p%5Bdefault%5D=&p%5Bclass%5D=sortable+wikitable+smwtable&p%5Bsep%5D=&eq=yes!

Let's go get legendary armor instead!!Of the 20 options above, only 1 is legendary (one is fine/masterwork and two are ascended/exotic, depending on the source, and, to be fair, two others are legendary precursors, i.e. there's a total of 16 viable options).

This doesn't make it easier to understand ANet's motivations in making Celestial stats bound to an account and requiring each account to charge their own quartz, but it does allow people to skip the process and leave arguing about what the mechanics should be to those who have the time.

PS You can modify the query on your own, e.g. substituting Heavy for Medium. Be careful of the syntax: case matters.PPS This doesn't include Fractal choosy boxes that allow you to select gear with predefined stats, including WupWup/celestial.PPPS This does include the armors that can be made using GM Crafting Marks (from WvW, PvP, or Fractals) and choosing celestial (Illustrious, in the case of Medium armor). It also includes gear from choosy boxes that drop from the Crystal Desert & Triumphant Armor tracks.

@"Deathanizer.3716" said:Because deliberately wasting our time is considered "earning" it to gamers.

What is wasting time for you may be part of the enjoyment for someone else.I hate grinding, I consider it to be a waste of my time, but I know that's what some people like to do in game, so it wouldn't come to mind to ask Anet to remove hard grinding.

It's a MMO, there's always gonna be timegate, grinding, all that stuff. If you think that's a waste of time but absolutely want what's locked behind it, maybe play another type of game.And also yeah... there are other ways to get celestial stuff today.

@SlateSloan.3654 said:i hardly play nowadays . have no time to run after items, ressources for month to actively play with others or to be allowed to play with others cause i grinded the gear they want to see or exclude me from the squad, zerg or whatever. done with that. gw1 was accessable for everyone by just playing the story further. kitten that money drainage. no im not poor, i could by any time buy enough gems to gold to directly get anything ingame, but thats no game i play its shopping over expensive pixel crap in alot of unfinished business cases.

I don't know which meta build uses full celestial now. You can simply take armor and weapons with non-cele stats and use cele trinkets since they are basically free to get.

If you don't have much time to play the game, gear won't carry you anyways, so why bother with exact build when you can just make ~5% worse alternative.

I have 3 Celestial armor sets (Heavy-Medium-Light) and I'm working on weapons now (one of each, almost done), it's an annoying but fun journey. ;) Celestial is love, Celestial is life! <3 Edit: Aquabreathers and aquatic weapons included. 3 full Celestial trinket sets (for each weight so I don't have to transfer them all the time) but those are easy to get...

@steki.1478 said:

@SlateSloan.3654 said:i hardly play nowadays . have no time to run after items, ressources for month to actively play with others or to be allowed to play with others cause i grinded the gear they want to see or exclude me from the squad, zerg or whatever. done with that. gw1 was accessable for everyone by just playing the story further. kitten that money drainage. no im not poor, i could by any time buy enough gems to gold to directly get anything ingame, but thats no game i play its shopping over expensive pixel crap in alot of unfinished business cases.

I don't know which meta build uses full celestial now. You can simply take armor and weapons with non-cele stats and use cele trinkets since they are basically free to get.

If you don't have much time to play the game, gear won't carry you anyways, so why bother with exact build when you can just make ~5% worse alternative.

WvW Scourge. Used to be WvW guard, before minstrel meta. So... Yeah. You could also get full cele exo set from reward tracks.

@Voltekka.2375 said:

WvW Scourge. Used to be WvW guard, before minstrel meta. So... Yeah. You could also get full cele exo set from reward tracks.

It's not full cele though. It's mix with viper, grieving or trailblazers. Some mix it with marauder too.

Archived