Zone Defense - Another Event That Isn't Bozo-Proof

So how many of us have been in one of these where the last invasion Champ has been spawned by one or two clueless players not bothering with the rest of us and by the time the main group gets there it's too late to stake him down and the whole 15+ mins we've taken up to this point is for nothing as far as the Zone Defense achievement is concerned.

/sigh

That is the issue with holding a multi stage event in a starter zone. You are going to have new players who don't really know what it is. To them, it is just an event to take part in, which is not an unfair assumption on their part. I share the frustration though. I have had to do the Wayfarer Foothills one 4 times before eventually succeeding.

As this event has been out a while now, all the more seasoned players will most likely have done it by now. So you are going to have to rely on the players who will be present on those maps and they are likely going to be new. Just give map wide instructions before the chain of event starts. I find that a lot of players will listen and follow the instructions. They are new and many are eager to learn. On my 2nd and 3rd go, even though I failed, the group that assembled really gave a good go at it. So I was actually proud of them.

@Martnor.1746 said:That is the issue with holding a multi stage event in a starter zone. You are going to have new players who don't really know what it is. To them, it is just an event to take part in, which is not an unfair assumption on their part. I share the frustration though. I have had to do the Wayfarer Foothills one 4 times before eventually succeeding.

As this event has been out a while now, all the more seasoned players will most likely have done it by now. So you are going to have to rely on the players who will be present on those maps and they are likely going to be new. Just give map wide instructions before the chain of event starts. I find that a lot of players will listen and follow the instructions. They are new and many are eager to learn. On my 2nd and 3rd go, even though I failed, the group that assembled really gave a good go at it. So I was actually proud of them.

Okay, I accept that my comments were a tad harsh and yes, perhaps there may be one or two newer players who don't know what's going on, so the word 'bozo' i perhaps out of order, but my complaint still stands as directed to Anet .. stop implementing these multi-spawn events for which there's no obvious connection which allows this sort of 'fail' to happen.

I would, however, point out that one of the two who were fighting the Champ when the main group got there had a 200+ MP count, so clearly he had no excuse.

@Steve The Cynic.3217 said:Re: thread title. NOTHING is bozo-proof. Nothing. Wherever you go, in GW2, in other games, in real life, if there's a thing, there's a bozo who can mess up that thing.

This was pretty much bozo proof when it was new. Stuff died fast enough that tragging all the events was pretty much impossible even while waypointing and using mounts.

@Kraggy.4169 said:

@Martnor.1746 said:That is the issue with holding a multi stage event in a starter zone. You are going to have new players who don't really know what it is. To them, it is just an event to take part in, which is not an unfair assumption on their part. I share the frustration though. I have had to do the Wayfarer Foothills one 4 times before eventually succeeding.

Okay, I accept that my comments were a tad harsh and yes, perhaps there may be one or two newer players who don't know what's going on, so the word 'bozo' i perhaps out of order, but my complaint still stands as directed to Anet .. stop implementing these multi-spawn events for which there's no obvious connection which allows this sort of 'fail' to happen.

I would, however, point out that one of the two who were fighting the Champ when the main group got there had a 200+ MP count, so clearly he had no excuse.

Your best bet is going to be doing some setup/organization before the events start. There is a decent amount of lead time to do that.

Archived