"250li + kp" - Can Someone Please Translate This For Me

You get a certain number of Legendary Insights per boss kill. When you see 150+LI in LFG they want someone with a boat load of experience and KP (kill proof) to demonstrate you have downed the boss they are after. Technically you can earn your LI by avoiding those bosses that give you the most grief. KP shows you have down it at least once. Not sure how i feel about the KP but it is really the community's only way to filter out noobs and trolls when achievement& gear inspection doesnt exist. i get the underlying philosophy from a game-makers perspective but from a players perspective it would be nice to have these abilities even if it is restricted to raid groups.

@Zushada.6108 said:

i get the underlying philosophy from a game-makers perspective but from a players perspective it would be nice to have these abilities even if it is restricted to raid groups.

Not necessarily. Kill proof is only proof that players were present when a boss died. It doesn't tell me what I want to know if I'm being careful about which PUGs join my party/squad: do they know the mechanics? Do they know their profession? (And sometimes, how easy will it be to play with this person for the next 30-90 minutes, depending on the circumstances.)

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

i get the underlying philosophy from a game-makers perspective but from a players perspective it would be nice to have these abilities even if it is restricted to raid groups.

Not necessarily. Kill proof is only proof that players were present when a boss died. It doesn't tell me what I want to know if I'm being careful about which PUGs join my party/squad: do they know the mechanics? Do they know their profession? (And sometimes, how easy will it be to play with this person for the next 30-90 minutes, depending on the circumstances.)

It is a tricky balance. I have KP for bosses I don't really know the mechanics for. I just happened to have a good group who were teaching me the mechanics. So i think we are saying the same thing. No matter what we did in SWTOR to effectively screen out the unprepared and unequipped players there was no perfect solution. I do however, think there are some aspects of the gw2 UI that can be adapted and will help the more experienced groups. In the end though, I could have 150 LIs but only have achieved those by being carried by PUG groups who vowed to never raid with me again. KP and LI really don't show skill which, I think is the major problem with every LFG system no matter the game e.g. traditional mmo or gw2. Like you said, just because you have KP and LIs doesn't mean you are any good on the character.

In the most basic terms, this means they're looking for people who have 250+ total raid encounter kills, and some kind ofevidence showing that you've killed the specific encounter they're on before. For reference, 150 LI is enough for your entire first set of legendary armor.

Thanks for all the replies, it seems I was correct in thinking this is a 'raid' thing to show someone's experience (or lack of) .. seems I can safely not worry about this? :)

From raiding in other games I can certainly agree with '@Illconceived Was Na.9781's comment about this sort of thing shows little to nothing of someone's actual skill and often says more about how good their friends are. ;)

Of course it begs the question, how does a newbie ever get to traid if they're expected to have 250 kills to get in!

LI is a currency from raids and IS LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT OF BOSSES YOU CAN KILL A WEEK. 1 per boss per week. You can speedping those.Legendary armor is considered 25 Li per piece and insignia's for making leggy armor are also considered 25LI, additional envoy armors is also 25 LI per piece.KP is any drop from bosses (except ghostly infusions as they are tradable) includiong the guild hall decorations and skins of weapons/ backs and such..

How to start:In the past people would be directed to raid (training) guilds (e.g. RTI and OOPSy on EU, and many, many more.)Nowadays a lot of guilds have their own groups and premades. With both options you can you can express interest and or apply and if you are lucky ppl will pick you up if they are a man short.You can also join training groups on the LFG but they sometimes require pings of gear, basic knowledge of build and encounter and more time. Especially without voice this can be very timeconsuming.Most training groups will accept entry level gear ( and ascended weapons and trinkets, lvl 70 food is often accepted (easily bought from WvW trading thingy)

Requirements (for kill groups) are generally:

• TIME to play (when you are new to a boss killing 1 boss can take several tries), premades can often be quicker, but at some bosses 1 person can wipe all.
  • GEAR (full ascended weapons armor and trinkets or better)
  • a decent BUILD and traitsetup (often from META build sites, though some guilds and groups are more relaxed)
  • some or a lot of PRACTICE in rotations and experience with basic mechanics of your class and other classes, DPS meters are not uncommon.
  • Knowledge including a basic or advanced understanding of the mechanics to be encountered in the raid. (you can read guyides about the expected mechanics and shortcuts on many sites, including the (guild wars 2) wiki, dulfy and several fora affiliated with (raid ) guilds
  • voice (gen.: TS3 or Discord (rarely: ventrilo, mumble, Skype)) is a big pre with regard to training groups and tends to be mandatory in a lot of groups for kills and clears.
  • Foods & utility buff. Lvl 80 foods and utility can be expensive, but I have more then once seen ppl get kicked for using lvl 70 foods in kill groups. Not willing to spend money on food will get you kicked, even with 1000 LI.

I left the raiding mostly due to demands at home (read kids). I have 175 LI in 1 full leggy armor and 1 insignia but do no longer have the ability to dedicate hours on end. I really want to do the wing 5 but I'm unable at this time.

Archived