GEMSTORE REQUESTS: New Items; Items offered again - Page 50 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

GEMSTORE REQUESTS: New Items; Items offered again

1474850525364

Comments

  • Braham has been with us throughout the latest Living World Season episodes. Please bring back Braham's Mace and Braham's Shield.
    Thank you.

  • Khailyn.6248Khailyn.6248 Member ✭✭✭

    I would like a few things to go onto the gem store.

    Return
    magnus eye patch
    eirs legacy longbow skin

    New
    an ice or earth themed mining tool to go with the firestorm logging tool and thunderstrike harvesting tool
    a harvesting tool and logging tool to go with the shifting sands mining pick
    a set of mount skins with the 'champion of tyria outfit' style armor

  • I would like it if the Trickster's armour set came back soon.

  • Jura.2170Jura.2170 Member ✭✭✭

    Please put bag slots and collection storage expanders on sale

    please make a Taimi voice mail pack
    my QoL wishes

  • Nivelis.8763Nivelis.8763 Member
    edited January 28, 2019
  • Aplethoraof.2643Aplethoraof.2643 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 28, 2019

    So! I propose a gemstore item that lets you set a new appearance for your character. That appearance is then bound to the item, and you can click it to either enter the disguise appearance or turn back to your normal appearance.

    Since race changes, because of quests and skills, likely won't be a thing, this might be the next best way.

    How it works:
    1) Buy the item from the gemstore. Collect it from your mail.
    2) Click the item. It opens a dialogue and offers two options: Change Illusion or Disguise Self.
    3) When you click "Change Illusion" you are brought into the appearance menu. This menu will let you change your race, appearance, and gender.
    4) You set your race and appearance in the menu, then accept.
    5) Now you use the item again, and say "Disguise Self".
    6) You will now be disguised as the appearance you set in step #3. You'll be able to enter combat and do anything while in this disguise. It will just change your race/appearance/gender.
    7) Now if you go to your inventory and click on the Disguising Illusion item, it'll have the option to "Revert Back". If you click this, you'll go back to your natural form. The item's options will also go back to "Change Illusion" and "Disguise Self".


    If anet really wanted to cash in, they could make it a one-time item for setting the appearance. So, once you buy and use the item, you'd set your race/appearance/gender. Then, the item would forever be named "Race/Gender #". So say you bought the first item and you set yourself as a Char Female. The item would be called "Char Female 1". If you buy another and set it to change you to a Char Male, it would be called "Char Male 1". If you bought another and made a different Char Male appearance, it would be called "Char Male 2".

    You'd then use Char Female 1, and turn into the appearance you set for that item.

    You'd be able to use the item an unlimited amount of times but if you wanted another appearance, you'd have to buy another item or appearance slot.


    You could make them only take up one inventory slot, by making the item into a "Book" of your various appearances. You'd have to buy each slot, and when you purchase it, it would come with your first slot. So Char Female 1 would be your first slot, then Char Male 1 would go in your second, Char Male 2 would go in your third, etc..


    So, instead of race-changing, you could purchase "appearance" slots that don't change your race skills/story, but they do change the race you appear to be. Effectively, adding a new branch into fasionwars 2.


    Sounds like a perfect gemstore item to me! The pricing would likely be between 300-600 gems per appearance slot?

    Do you want a balanced GW2? Then you are obliged to unironically agree with this suggestion!

  • Biff.5312Biff.5312 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Tonics seem like a much simpler option.

  • Tonics wouldn't let you customize a new appearance, likely. I mean, they could call the item a "tonic". It effectively is an infinite combat tonic that allows you to hand-craft the appearance based on the player appearance changer.

    Do you want a balanced GW2? Then you are obliged to unironically agree with this suggestion!

  • @Alver Lyko.4693 said:
    Please release Braham's Mace and Shield again. Its been awhile.

    Yes, pls get back Braham's Mace and Shield. I wanna buy these for years and always missed that. Pls.

  • I would post my suggestion... but ima wait till its out first before i post it again >.<
    You know the one Gaile ^^, (please tell me it was at least forwarded to the design team. )

  • I'd either like a refund for my Aurene toys or one with a little halo over her head while the fan kids wait around to collect the 7 dragon balls to bring her back.

  • Sort of an omni-tonic.
    Probably finicky to make, but must be simpler, and most of all safer, than implementing a race change...I like it!

  • derd.6413derd.6413 Member ✭✭✭✭

    sounds like it'd be more work then it's worth

    I Have No friends, so I Must pug

  • hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Yup, would have said the same. Definitely "easier" to create combat tonics.

    +++In creative mood. New Engie Elite spec' , Housing , New asuran expansion , Designing a new lounge , New GameMode
    +++NEW: AEP Asuran Expansion Project available on WIKI.
    +++New: GEM GW2 Exploration Map: Discover unusual places around tyria: Here (OSM map)

  • Still hoping for the return of the Swaggering Hat

  • @hugo.4705 said:
    Yup, would have said the same. Definitely "easier" to create combat tonics.

    Combat tonics aren't an equivalent product to this, however. This is more like an easier-to-do race change, as a race change would be very difficult to do (quests and skills are linked to race).

    Depending on how much gems it costs, it should be well worth it for anet. Especially if people have to buy more than one for more than one appearance, you know people will do that.

    Do you want a balanced GW2? Then you are obliged to unironically agree with this suggestion!

  • Ronan.9518Ronan.9518 Member ✭✭✭

    And if it works like a (combat)- tonic i already can see all the people complaining that they can't mount while being transformed.

  • @Ronan.9518 said:
    And if it works like a (combat)- tonic i already can see all the people complaining that they can't mount while being transformed.

    That might have to do with animations. Current combat tonics are mostly mobs, right? While this one would have the same animations as any other PC, thus allowing you to mount and keep armour appearances (aside from the changes associated with changing race).

    Do you want a balanced GW2? Then you are obliged to unironically agree with this suggestion!

  • Ronan.9518Ronan.9518 Member ✭✭✭

    As far as i'm aware, mounting is a kind of"transformation" (code-wise), that why it doesn't work with other transformations. Could be wrong on that though.

  • @Ronan.9518 said:
    As far as i'm aware, mounting is a kind of"transformation" (code-wise), that why it doesn't work with other transformations. Could be wrong on that though.

    That sounds bizarre. Interesting, though. That might be something that could be worked around, but I couldn't say for sure as I don't work for anet doing r&d for GW2 :-P

    Still, even if one couldn't mount (for the moment, that might be changed if its true), I could see it being popular. Most PvP areas you can't mount up, as well as most PvE areas, come to think of it (save the open world).

    Do you want a balanced GW2? Then you are obliged to unironically agree with this suggestion!

  • @FairchildRedux.9740 said:
    Still hoping for the return of the Swaggering Hat

    THIS! Please bring it back

  • Suggestion for gem store: Shrine Guardian Back Attachment. It really, really should be a tail (like the one Shrine Guardian Jackal has).

  • Do they even check this?

    An unsavory fellow beloved by those of unsavory ilk.

  • BlueIce.6951BlueIce.6951 Member ✭✭✭

    I would love it if we got a third garden plot license, but have it be for water based materials like coral, clams, seaweed, etc...

    Currently attempting all Legendary Journey collections at once.

  • @Isle of Stars.3049 said:
    Do they even check this?

    Nope, this thread is just here to make people think they have some measure of control over what comes back to the store when. If we did, I wouldn't still be waiting going on 5 months now. I don't even feel like playing anymore since I can't look the way I want, I've just been doing dailies and logging off 3 minutes later.

  • Batman.7041Batman.7041 Member ✭✭
    edited February 2, 2019

    Can we please get a new weapon that resembles a double bladed lightsaber like the one Darth Maul uses? Can it be a staff so daredevil and revenent can go full ham sandwich with it?! But most of all, can we please have a way to dye the color like the spinal blades backpack does?! Tysm! :D

  • Raknar.4735Raknar.4735 Member ✭✭✭

    Still waiting for foefire wraps.

  • I just started playing GW2 again after a few years and saw that there was a gecko skin for the springer mount that was released just over a month ago. Does anyone know if these mount skins will be available for purchase again?

  • Warlord.9082Warlord.9082 Member ✭✭✭

    Please bring back Permanent Noble Folly Pass. It's been forever since it was available.

  • BlueIce.6951BlueIce.6951 Member ✭✭✭

    @Gecko.5963 said:
    I just started playing GW2 again after a few years and saw that there was a gecko skin for the springer mount that was released just over a month ago. Does anyone know if these mount skins will be available for purchase again?

    They regularly bring back the skins so I would assume it will come back. It is not always announced though, so I suggest checking the promotion's tab of Black Lion Trading Company interface every few days or so. They also at certain times have free promotions in there so personally I look daily.

    Currently attempting all Legendary Journey collections at once.

  • @Witch of Doom.5739 said:

    @Rendition.1342 said:
    Strider's armor set, and more individual armor skins in general. It's fun to mix and match different pieces.

    Strider's set is back in the GS. It's one of my favorite sets.

    Aye, grabbed it first day it returned. Rocking my cosplay since :smile:

    Now I'd like to see the phalanx set return for another cosplay I'm trying to do. :lol:

  • Could we get the "Abaddon's Mask" back please. i have been waiting for while to be able to buy it.

  • Mask of silent please! Thank you

  • Phalanx Armor skin please! It seems I missed it last year because of afk, hopefully you can bring it back again.

  • Caro.2730Caro.2730 Member ✭✭
    edited February 5, 2019

    I had a dream tonight about wearing this in game. Please Anet, make it happen or whoever is reading this, please, let them know we need this in game already. <3

  • Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

    This is probably the most commonly requested NPC clothing. It's also the one I went looking for (and was surprised and disappointed I couldn't buy) when I first decided to get some new town clothes, back before the wardrobe and outfits were introduced.

    My guess is the big problem is this would only fit human and sylvari females, and maybe norn females. Whereas outfits need to fit all races and genders.

    My answer to that would be to find popularly requested clothing from other NPCs (maybe run a poll to pick some?) and make a new outfit like the Wedding costume and Common Clothing outfit which can be worn by anyone but changes appearance based on the character wearing it. Maybe something that can fit between the common clothing and wedding outfits as a sort of 'smart but not formal dress' outfit.

    Danielle Aurorel - Desolation EU. Mini Collector.

    "I know that I'm born and I know that I'll die, the in-between is mine."

  • Gopaka.7839Gopaka.7839 Member ✭✭✭

    @Danikat.8537 said:
    This is probably the most commonly requested NPC clothing. It's also the one I went looking for (and was surprised and disappointed I couldn't buy) when I first decided to get some new town clothes, back before the wardrobe and outfits were introduced.

    My guess is the big problem is this would only fit human and sylvari females, and maybe norn females. Whereas outfits need to fit all races and genders.

    My answer to that would be to find popularly requested clothing from other NPCs (maybe run a poll to pick some?) and make a new outfit like the Wedding costume and Common Clothing outfit which can be worn by anyone but changes appearance based on the character wearing it. Maybe something that can fit between the common clothing and wedding outfits as a sort of 'smart but not formal dress' outfit.

    Am I smelling CULTURAL OUTFITS ?! :o :o :o :o :o

  • @Gopaka.7839 said:

    @Danikat.8537 said:
    This is probably the most commonly requested NPC clothing. It's also the one I went looking for (and was surprised and disappointed I couldn't buy) when I first decided to get some new town clothes, back before the wardrobe and outfits were introduced.

    My guess is the big problem is this would only fit human and sylvari females, and maybe norn females. Whereas outfits need to fit all races and genders.

    My answer to that would be to find popularly requested clothing from other NPCs (maybe run a poll to pick some?) and make a new outfit like the Wedding costume and Common Clothing outfit which can be worn by anyone but changes appearance based on the character wearing it. Maybe something that can fit between the common clothing and wedding outfits as a sort of 'smart but not formal dress' outfit.

    Am I smelling CULTURAL OUTFITS ?! :o :o :o :o :o

    There are sort of already two cultural outfits: the Cook's Outfit and the Wedding Attire Outfit have different designs for each race. Perhaps they could do something similar with this and other cultural NPC clothing?

  • Menzo.2185Menzo.2185 Member ✭✭✭

    Name Change Contract: 500 gems
    on sale: 150 gems

  • Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Tommo Chocolate.5870 said:

    @Gopaka.7839 said:

    @Danikat.8537 said:
    This is probably the most commonly requested NPC clothing. It's also the one I went looking for (and was surprised and disappointed I couldn't buy) when I first decided to get some new town clothes, back before the wardrobe and outfits were introduced.

    My guess is the big problem is this would only fit human and sylvari females, and maybe norn females. Whereas outfits need to fit all races and genders.

    My answer to that would be to find popularly requested clothing from other NPCs (maybe run a poll to pick some?) and make a new outfit like the Wedding costume and Common Clothing outfit which can be worn by anyone but changes appearance based on the character wearing it. Maybe something that can fit between the common clothing and wedding outfits as a sort of 'smart but not formal dress' outfit.

    Am I smelling CULTURAL OUTFITS ?! :o :o :o :o :o

    There are sort of already two cultural outfits: the Cook's Outfit and the Wedding Attire Outfit have different designs for each race. Perhaps they could do something similar with this and other cultural NPC clothing?

    The Common Clothing outfit is the same. (The one which used to be the default town clothes, then was changed into a tonic and now you can take the tonic to a Black Lion NPC to get it turned into an outfit.) In each of the 3 formats all characters use the same item but the clothing you get changes based on the character using it. So the tech to do this has been in the game since the beginning. I assume it's the same thing which enables armour to be interchangable between characters, even when they're different shapes and sizes and sometimes the design is different for males and females. It's just the differences are normally a lot more subtle, whereas these 3 outfits have a completely different appearance for each race/gender combination.

    But that's only one part of the process of making this dress into an outfit. The fact that it would only fit human and sylvari females (and if we look at it as cultural clothing it wouldn't suit sylvari) isn't a problem. But finding 9 other costumes for the other race/gender combinations to use when they use this outfit might be - there are other costumes NPCs wear which aren't currently available to players, but it would still take some planning to choose them and then the work to create the outfit.

    What might be a bigger problem is that I'm pretty sure Anet have said there is some clothing NPCs wear which won't be made available to players, because they want NPCs to have their own look. I think that was specifically about Queen Jennah's dress and some of the Elonian clothing, I don't remember it being applied specifically to this dress, but that might explain why all the previous requests to have it available as an outfit have been ignored.

    Danielle Aurorel - Desolation EU. Mini Collector.

    "I know that I'm born and I know that I'll die, the in-between is mine."

  • Stand The Wall.6987Stand The Wall.6987 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 5, 2019

    I feel the same way about jackal rune and foefire armor skins.
    OMG NEED NAO PLISS ARRRGGHHHH

    you don't know till you know, ya know.

  • @Danikat.8537 said:

    @Tommo Chocolate.5870 said:

    @Gopaka.7839 said:

    @Danikat.8537 said:
    This is probably the most commonly requested NPC clothing. It's also the one I went looking for (and was surprised and disappointed I couldn't buy) when I first decided to get some new town clothes, back before the wardrobe and outfits were introduced.

    My guess is the big problem is this would only fit human and sylvari females, and maybe norn females. Whereas outfits need to fit all races and genders.

    My answer to that would be to find popularly requested clothing from other NPCs (maybe run a poll to pick some?) and make a new outfit like the Wedding costume and Common Clothing outfit which can be worn by anyone but changes appearance based on the character wearing it. Maybe something that can fit between the common clothing and wedding outfits as a sort of 'smart but not formal dress' outfit.

    Am I smelling CULTURAL OUTFITS ?! :o :o :o :o :o

    There are sort of already two cultural outfits: the Cook's Outfit and the Wedding Attire Outfit have different designs for each race. Perhaps they could do something similar with this and other cultural NPC clothing?

    The Common Clothing outfit is the same. (The one which used to be the default town clothes, then was changed into a tonic and now you can take the tonic to a Black Lion NPC to get it turned into an outfit.) In each of the 3 formats all characters use the same item but the clothing you get changes based on the character using it. So the tech to do this has been in the game since the beginning. I assume it's the same thing which enables armour to be interchangable between characters, even when they're different shapes and sizes and sometimes the design is different for males and females. It's just the differences are normally a lot more subtle, whereas these 3 outfits have a completely different appearance for each race/gender combination.

    Somehow I forgot about that one, even though I use it frequently on several characters precisely because it looks different on each of them!

    But that's only one part of the process of making this dress into an outfit. The fact that it would only fit human and sylvari females (and if we look at it as cultural clothing it wouldn't suit sylvari) isn't a problem. But finding 9 other costumes for the other race/gender combinations to use when they use this outfit might be - there are other costumes NPCs wear which aren't currently available to players, but it would still take some planning to choose them and then the work to create the outfit.

    Yes, it's not obvious what the asura/charr/norn/sylvari equivalents of this outfit would be, since NPC clothes don't pair up like that. I'm not even sure if there's an obvious male human equivalent...

  • Caro.2730Caro.2730 Member ✭✭

    It appears it's not as hard for them to make it into outfit for all races, as they did that with the Exmplar Attire, which if I recall correctly was solely a human armor before launch, unavailable to players after launch. They even allowed female charr and asura to wear the female version of it which is basically a very feminine corset, so I see no boundries here!

  • Davion Roth.6709Davion Roth.6709 Member ✭✭
    edited February 5, 2019

    kitten bring back the Golden Wings! Why do you hate me Anet?

    P. S. LOL why is "eff eff ess" censored, they're just letters.

  • cptaylor.2670cptaylor.2670 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 6, 2019

    I got lucky with a few of the things I posted in here like the Mistlock Sanctuary and the Exalted gloves. (And just noticed the horns too! Ty!) But I'm going to repost a few and add some. A little upset that I've tried for the shoulders with keys twice now and didn't get them though. Makes it hard to complete a set but there's always statuette saving I guess.

    Now that we can preview novelties in the gemstore, is this opening up the possibility of combat tonics making it into the gemstore?

    If so:
    Combat Tonics:
    1. Largos
    2. Margonite
    3. Joko
    4. Awakened Canid
    5. Mursaat
    6. Jotun
    7. Krait
    8. Forgotten
    9. Dwarf
    10. Djinn
    11. Anomaly
    12. Monkey King combat version

    Outfits/Armor:
    1. Melandru outfit
    2. Kormir outfit
    3. Abaddon outfit/armor set - feels like this is what the hellfire gear was originally designed to be.
    4. Double winged backpack and glider set - https://www.engadget.com/2013/09/18/smite-unveils-thanatos-hand-of-death/ Like this guy has in his model for example (or the existing Zerphyrite glider given a matching backpack at least.)
    5. Utopia concept art being made into armor/outfits - Chronomancer & Azetec themes
    6. Some of the awakened models have really elegant Egyptian looking armor that would be cool as armor sets. Especially the ones with the large headgear.
    7. A hood that you can mix and match with other armor similar to Phantom's hood but more like Reaper's mask - would love on my guardian for a Tyraeal theme.

    Non-tonic novelties:
    1. Crystal throne
    2. Fish tank that you sit in with your swim suit and aquabreather. (just for laughs)
    3. A large stone throne set on a platform like this: https://blenderartists.org/t/stone-throne/699684 But with a big tree behind it with the canopy giving it shade.
    4. A movement toy that is a carriage/curtained throne being carried by four Skritt. Could be bundled with a chair item of the same model and the skritt sitting beside it.
    5. Beach umbrella and beach chair for summer - maybe a boombox with it that plays something fun. Or the lab cliffs theme.

    Mount skins:

    1. Panther/Tiger jackal skin.
    2. Mordrem themed mounts
    3. Golemn springer skin - jetpack to boost up.
    4. Charr car for roller beetle.
    5. Awakened abomination - in place of... a raptor maybe?
    6. Celestial themed mounts - not star themed but see through with constellations forming them
    7. Chinese dragon themed griffon - hovers above ground with wings hidden? (would probably be hard to match up to current animations though)
    8. Any dragon themed griffon skin
    9. Unicorn/Pegasus griffon skin
    10. Unicorn themed jackal for that matter
    11. Fernhound jackal
    12. Windrider skimmer?
    13. Qilin themed mount - https://www.hexapolis.com/2014/09/24/12-strangest-hybrid-creatures-from-mythology/ Kirin in guild wars 1. Nian.
    14. Manticore - but probably too similar to lion griffon skin.
    15. Elk themed jackal skin - somewhat similar to warbeast jackal in terms of silhouette.
    16. Giant quaggan roller beetle skin? Probably not possible with the way the character sits on the saddle and stays in the same position. Quaggan holding a balloon and player sitting on the balloon instead of saddle? idk.
    17. Skale and skelk
    18. Mantid and trihorns

    I wish I could think of more for skimmer, but it's really difficult thinking of something that could fit that model. Outside of some Asura themed spacecraft.

    Passes
    - don't really see these anymore. Guessing because Mistlok has kind of trumped them all.. but:
    1. A pre-cataclysm Orrian bazaar would be neat. Also be set in a time-rift or fractal or something and function similarly to Mistlock Sanctuary in terms of access to fractals and core map? As a less favorable alternative - just a cleansed version of Arah we haven't seen. Similar to Siren's Landing... maybe near the uncovered area near the Artesian waters? Feel like that area would make an awesome guild hall though.

    All I can think of for now. If I list enough stuff eventually the odds will be greater that I see more of them, right? =p

  • DietPepsi.4371DietPepsi.4371 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 6, 2019

    Since the ANET team just released a glider that is basically a hot air balloon, would now be a good time to ask for a parafoil parachute? (Make it look fantasy but not over the top or with any silly magical effects please thanks)

    You stand to benefit more from making friends than you do making enemies.

  • Naxos.2503Naxos.2503 Member ✭✭✭

    Any chance of getting the Emblazoned Dragon Throne back ?

  • hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Would like reading glasses to come back! I don't know how long we haven't seen them.

    +++In creative mood. New Engie Elite spec' , Housing , New asuran expansion , Designing a new lounge , New GameMode
    +++NEW: AEP Asuran Expansion Project available on WIKI.
    +++New: GEM GW2 Exploration Map: Discover unusual places around tyria: Here (OSM map)

  • foefire and jackal rune skins.
    I NEED these. need.

    you don't know till you know, ya know.

  • I am going to rename this thread so that more people spot it. The Gem Store team is aware of this, and I'm pinging them today with a direct link in the weekly newsletter. However, I'd love to see even more ideas and request here, so keep 'em coming!

    Gaile Gray
    Communications Manager: ArenaNet
    Fansite & Guild Relations; In-Game Events; Community Showcase Live

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.