Quick question is my Motherboard compatible with this video card?

ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 AM3+ AMD 990FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard

The Video card is EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2

I bought one those video card off lease to own sites. I am bit worried. Now I don't know if its compatible with my motherboard. If its not. I'm going have buy new mother board and ram. So can anyone kindly inform me if EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 would work with this motherboard/ram

Thank you

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Did you try Google? Try either the motherboard manufacturer's or the graphics card manufacturer's forum?

Yes. I tried both. However, nothing has come up. The card is about to be shipped. I just want have accurate information before PC guy does it. If it costs more. It's going to be a big difference. I'm not sure If I can afford it.

@"Ayrilana.1396" said:Look and see what pin type the motherboard uses for GPU’s with the pin type of the GPU itself. You should of course be sure there’s physical room for it and your system can effectively support it with power.

Edit: https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/how-to/pc-components/how-know-if-graphics-card-is-compatible-3588810/?amp/

Thanks I'll try to use this one and see what they say.

@"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:https://pcpartpicker.com/products/video-card/?compatible_with=yFjG3C

Yes.

Mandatory snark: first result when googling "asus m5a99fx pro r2.0 compatible graphics card".

Thank you. This has eased my concern. I was honestly really worked up. I don't have the money to upgrade it. This is an expensive 700 dollar card. It does work right or your just tellling me its Pro r2 compitablie?

@Icemanfrost.5428 said:

@"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:

Yes.

Mandatory snark: first result when googling "asus m5a99fx pro r2.0 compatible graphics card".

Thank you. This has eased my concern. I was honestly really worked up. I don't have the money to upgrade it. This is an expensive 700 dollar card. It does work right or your just tellling me its Pro r2 compitablie?

"compatible" means it works right. If it doesn't work right, it's not compatible. We are long past the days of PCI 2.0 cards (3.3 volt only) with the notch cut anyway, that meant they could be put into PCI 1.0 (5 volt) motherboards anyway, and nonsense like that. (It tended to wreck the electronics on a 3.3 volt only card when you plugged it into a 5 volt motherboard.) Those cards were mechanically compatible, but not electronically compatible. That stuff doesn't happen these days.

But all I'm saying is that that site says it's compatible. I have an MSI motherboard and an MSI graphics card chosen from a site with a functional compatibility filter. I see no reason to think that pcpartpicker will have major errors like that, so you should be good to go.

@Steve The Cynic.3217 said:

Yes.

"compatible" means it works right. If it doesn't work right, it's not compatible. We are long past the days of PCI 2.0 cards (3.3 volt only) with the notch cut anyway, that meant they could be put into PCI 1.0 (5 volt) motherboards anyway, and nonsense like that. (It tended to wreck the electronics on a 3.3 volt only card when you plugged it into a 5 volt motherboard.) Those cards were
mechanically
compatible, but not electronically compatible. That stuff doesn't happen these days.

But all I'm saying is that that site says it's compatible. I have an MSI motherboard and an MSI graphics card chosen from a site with a functional compatibility filter. I see no reason to think that pcpartpicker will have major errors like that, so you should be good to go.

It only occurred to me to check it after I bought the card. Using what I have now. I could only play this for 30 minutes a time maybe an hour and at medium settings on my Radeon 580. It's a massive upgrade going from that to this card. I really have high exceptions for it. I hope it goes smoothly.

I was a nervous wreck. It sounds silly. I would had to wait for a month or longer. It was difference playing right away or waiting months. To upgrade Motherboard than the Ram. Could easily go into thousands of dollars. However I want to thank you. I am very appreciate of you pointing that out and hopefully its good to go. Thanks so much.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:Motherboard and RAM shouldn’t set you back thousands. You should be able to get both for a few hundred dollars. That’s if the RAM isn’t compatible with the new motherboard. So no need to worry about that.

Really that cheap? Doesn't each stick of Ram cost like 60 bucks? I have fours of sticks of ram in my current one. I heard this ram for DDR4 is very expensive

@Icemanfrost.5428 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:Motherboard and RAM shouldn’t set you back thousands. You should be able to get both for a few hundred dollars. That’s if the RAM isn’t compatible with the new motherboard. So no need to worry about that.

Really that cheap? Doesn't each stick of Ram cost like 60 bucks? I have fours of sticks of ram in my current one. I heard this ram for DDR4 is very expensive

Depends on how much you’re trying to get. You don’t really need more than 8GB. You can go with DDR4 but it’s not necessary.

Motherboard prices will vary depending on the size, brand, and what features you want. You really shouldn’t need to spend more than $200 on one.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

Depends on how much you’re trying to get. You don’t really need more than 8GB. You can go with DDR4 but it’s not necessary.

Motherboard prices will vary depending on the size, brand, and what features you want. You really shouldn’t need to spend more than $200 on one.

I just assumed it was more expensive. I really need to study these things. Tons of this tech talk is alien to me. I know some things are not compatible. One of my friends told me one If I have upgrade my motherboard I'd likely have upgrade my ram because DDR4 ram is compatible with that type of mother broad. But I can just keep this mother board or buy a newer one and all should still be good on it.

Archived