Proposal: Ammo mechanics + Cantrips + Burning fire trait rework

kornfanxxx.9143

Hi all, Wanted to propose a pretty simple way to bring condition cleanse & further utility strength into the cantrip utilities & Burning fire trait in Fire.This is aimed towards WvW&SPvP.

Add an ammo mechanic to cantrips -

Cleansing Fire (Cool-down 5 sec)Maximum Count : 3Count recharge : 30 seconds

Armor Of Earth (Cool-down 10 sec)Maximum Count : 2Count recharge : 50 sec

Lightning Flash (Cool-down 5 sec)Maximum Count : 2Count recharge : 40 sec

Mist Form - Unchanged

Rework the trait (Burning Fire) to remove 1-2 conditions on cantrip use & if im not asking too much - allow cantrips to re-apply 2-3 stacks of might on use.

This fixes ele's condition cleanse reliance in water - which is mandatory for any build that doesn't attempt to explode its opponent instantly and ruins build diversity.

This also helps address ele's extremely poor might application which (unless you take fire) relies on blasting fire fields & fire aura application to reach 25 stacks.

Come on Anet bring us out of 2013 in the might department.

Give me some thoughts & opinions on the concept itself, & if you think my proposed cantrip ammunition rework needs to be changed & if so what specifically you would do.

@Mr Godlike.6098 said:It's actually really fun idea and I would be hipped for ammo lighting flash...but i feel that both Cleansing Fire and Armor Of Earth would be to strong in current versions...and oh those cleansing water procs...oh wow.

Normally I'd agree its strong. but PoF has shown us firebrand gets a mantra that applies regen & can clense conditions of himself.. and 4 lucky friends..3 times... with an added bonus of 5 condi's converted into boons. I'll also direct everyones attention to engineer's trait changes, enabling them to clense absurd amount of conditions on friends & convert them into boons.

I see no reason why we can't have something strong too, considering the proposal is selfish cleanse, boon application, & utility.

@kornfanxxx.9143 said:I see no reason why we can't have something strong too, considering the proposal is selfish cleanse, boon application, & utility.

The tempest can do something similar with shouts: you can trait them to add regeneration through the auras they add, which in turn will make them remove conditions when traiting water. Adding Rune of the Soldier will cause double condition removal. Spammable AoE condition removal is available through blast finishers in ice fields and the various regeneration skills and traits that the ele has available (like Healing Rain). It does require a pretty dedicated build though.

@ThiBash.5634 said:

@kornfanxxx.9143 said:I see no reason why we can't have something strong too, considering the proposal is selfish cleanse, boon application, & utility.

The tempest can do something similar with shouts: you can trait them to add regeneration through the auras they add, which in turn will make them remove conditions when traiting water. Adding Rune of the Soldier will cause double condition removal. Spammable AoE condition removal is available through blast finishers in ice fields and the various regeneration skills and traits that the ele has available (like Healing Rain). It does require a pretty dedicated build though.

Yeah but this needs water traitline again.

@kornfanxxx.9143 said:Hi all, Wanted to propose a pretty simple way to bring condition cleanse & further utility strength into the cantrip utilities & Burning fire trait in Fire.This is aimed towards WvW&SPvP.

Add an ammo mechanic to cantrips -

Cleansing Fire (Cool-down 5 sec)Maximum Count : 3Count recharge : 30 seconds

Armor Of Earth (Cool-down 10 sec)Maximum Count : 2Count recharge : 50 sec

Lightning Flash (Cool-down 5 sec)Maximum Count : 2Count recharge : 40 sec

Mist Form - Unchanged

Rework the trait (Burning Fire) to remove 1-2 conditions on cantrip use & if im not asking too much - allow cantrips to re-apply 2-3 stacks of might on use.

This fixes ele's condition cleanse reliance in water - which is mandatory for any build that doesn't attempt to explode its opponent instantly and ruins build diversity.

This also helps address ele's extremely poor might application which (unless you take fire) relies on blasting fire fields & fire aura application to reach 25 stacks.

Come on Anet bring us out of 2013 in the might department.

Give me some thoughts & opinions on the concept itself, & if you think my proposed cantrip ammunition rework needs to be changed & if so what specifically you would do.

Cleansing fire could also be just: Cast lesser cleansing fire when using a cantrip. Lesser cleansing fire may not be as strong as normal cleansing fire. Would need balancing in conpetitive mides.

I like the ammo idea, would bring more flexibility and with my trait suggestion it even would bring utility to condi ele, because you could use it ti stack burns fast and cleanse condis too.

Archived