Multifaceted Difluorite Earrings

Finally grinded enough crystals do get me the Multifaceted Difluorite Earrings in Sandswept Isles, expecting them to offer the same Prefixes as all other LS ascendend trinkets before (e.g. Black Ice Earring). Joyfully pressed "select stats" to finally add the last missing piece of Viper's Trinkets to my condi set.... just to see Viper's is not available?!Yes, a look at the wiki beforehand would have told me, but since all the other LS ascendend trinkets had Viper's available, I expected the Multifaceted Difluorite Earrings to behave the same.I assume this being a bug and hope the chooseable stats will get adjusted or at least give us an option to sell it back for the original price, as long as no stats are selected.

@"Nash.2681" said:Finally grinded enough crystals do get me the Multifaceted Difluorite Earrings in Sandswept Isles, expecting them to offer the same Prefixes as all other LS ascendend trinkets before (e.g. Black Ice Earring). Joyfully pressed "select stats" to finally add the last missing piece of Viper's Trinkets to my condi set.... just to see Viper's is not available?!Yes, a look at the wiki beforehand would have told me, but since all the other LS ascendend trinkets had Viper's available, I expected the Multifaceted Difluorite Earrings to behave the same.I assume this being a bug and hope the chooseable stats will get adjusted or at least give us an option to sell it back for the original price, as long as no stats are selected.

Multifaceted Difluorite Earrings are part of PoF content. Vipers stats belong to HoT.Please note that all expac-exclusive stat combinations do not appear outside of that expansion.Edit: If you own the appropriate expac, you are also able to select those stats when picking ascended gear from FotM, PvP or WvW.There is no bug and as such will not be "fixed". It's probably worth checking what you are buying before you do so, especially if you've had to grind for it.

@MarshallLaw.9260 said:

@"Nash.2681" said:Finally grinded enough crystals do get me the Multifaceted Difluorite Earrings in Sandswept Isles, expecting them to offer the same Prefixes as all other LS ascendend trinkets before (e.g. Black Ice Earring). Joyfully pressed "select stats" to finally add the last missing piece of Viper's Trinkets to my condi set.... just to see Viper's is not available?!Yes, a look at the wiki beforehand would have told me, but since all the other LS ascendend trinkets had Viper's available, I expected the Multifaceted Difluorite Earrings to behave the same.I assume this being a bug and hope the chooseable stats will get adjusted or at least give us an option to sell it back for the original price, as long as no stats are selected.

Multifaceted Difluorite Earrings are part of PoF content. Vipers stats belong to HoT.Please note that all expac-exclusive stat combinations do not appear outside of that expansion.
Edit: If you own the appropriate expac, you are also able to select those stats when picking ascended gear from FotM, PvP or WvW.
There is no bug and as such will not be "fixed". It's probably worth checking what you are buying before you do so, especially if you've had to grind for it.

I mostly agree with you but things are a bit muddled. Some of the PoF elite spec weapons have viper's. For example scourge torch and firebrand axe. The Crystal Desert Reward Track also give armor pieces with selectable stat in the final box that includes all possible stats.

On the other hand it is best to start with the assumption that it will only have the specific expansion's stats or even potentially less(such as Bladed armor pieces).

@"Nash.2681" said:Finally grinded enough crystals do get me the Multifaceted Difluorite Earrings in Sandswept Isles, expecting them to offer the same Prefixes as all other LS ascendend trinkets before (e.g. Black Ice Earring). Joyfully pressed "select stats" to finally add the last missing piece of Viper's Trinkets to my condi set.... just to see Viper's is not available?!

PoF trinkets (incl. LWS 4) = PoF statsHoT trinkets (incl. LWS 3) = HoT stats

All contain the basic stats from the core campaign and the respective stats from the campaign that the Living World season belongs to. It's a simple marketing strategy so that people buy the content they desire.

@Khisanth.2948 said:I mostly agree with you but things are a bit muddled. Some of the PoF elite spec weapons have viper's. For example scourge torch and firebrand axe.

Really? I haven't finished all those collections yet (due to not being in need of more ascended gear at this point), but the ones I finished thus far didn't have any HoT stats available (fortunately, you can change the stats in the Mystic Forge).

Edit: Just checked my bank storage and saw that the Warpblade also offers the Viper's stats. That's inconsistent indeed.

Archived