Next weapon for Guardian's Elite

Regon Phoenix.8215

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Out of these, I said dagger because it feels the most likely caster-ish type weapon with some sort of priest vibes.Dual pistols would be nice for a Witch Hunter-like spec that focuses on being the judge, jury and executioner.Off-hand mace would be cool but I don't see it happening.

Honestly though, I'd rather they make completely new types of weapons for the next expansion like halberd, crossbow or fist weapon. I'd like halberd for guardian but crossbow actually doesn't sound weird at all now that I think about it.

PS. You forgot that Guardian doesn't actually have access to warhorn in the off-hand either yet.

@Yannir.4132 said:Out of these, I said dagger because it feels the most likely caster-ish type weapon with some sort of priest vibes.Dual pistols would be nice for a Witch Hunter-like spec that focuses on being the judge, jury and executioner.Off-hand mace would be cool but I don't see it happening.

Honestly though, I'd rather they make completely new types of weapons for the next expansion like halberd, crossbow or fist weapon. I'd like halberd for guardian but crossbow actually doesn't sound weird at all now that I think about it.

PS. You forgot that Guardian doesn't actually have access to warhorn in the off-hand either yet.

Yeah, warhorn should be either hand.Also, i completely agree with you about a new weapon type. Having more weapons for some classes would be quite nice.

@"Headcase.4618" said:I voted for off-hand sword, mostly cuz this one guy posted his idea for the next elite spec to dual wield swords and be called an "Avenger" so I'm down for that. Plus I think we're due for a new offensive elite spec after the condi/support oriented Firebrand

Yeah, getting melee power spec next would make sense.

Considering the past 2 expansions, it's likely that the new version of Virtues which could come with a new elite spec is the more intriguing topic. Personally I felt that the weapons introduced with DH and FB were overshadowed by both Virtues and Utilities (traps and mantras). Longbow seems to be used most commonly in PvP and WvW, but Axe is possibly less utilized unless you're running a condi FB - but even then, sword appears to be favoured more..Chose dagger because I can't see OH weps being implemented into MH any time soon, pistol/rifle doesn't appeal thematically, shortbow is too similar to longbow and OH mace/axe doesn't seem likely.OH sword is a very close second.

It needs to be somethign range to work on WvW, probably pistol or rifle.

A pistol/shield class with wing themed would be quite nice, maybe stances on utilities??

Personally i would love hammer-shield combo sturdy bruiser like diablo crusader that could go on melee range , and dont need much of the need of having the support of 10-15 scourges behind ._. /2cents, like the mandatory way to play WvW.

I like the idea of rifle. I kind of like the idea of having your old grizzled Guardian sitting up at a chapel or shrine on the top of a hill with your rifle, welcoming nice visitors, and shooting all the looters and demons that come by, and occasionally going hunting for food. Sort of like a religious hermit kind of vibe. Plus, I'd like another ranged weapon option.

Although I think warhorn is probably more likely tbh. We already have shouts, it's a generally supportive weapon, and it fits into our niche of offensive support/supportive dps very well.

@Regon Phoenix.8215 said:There is only so few other new weapons who would fit guardian, but what do you think should be the next guardian weapon and why?Torch, focus, shield or warhorn for main-hand

sounds to me like warhorn for main-hand - and i id like to have it for off-hand ^^ and unless im blind, there is no other option to vote for warhorn off-hand

@Chay.7852 said:

@Regon Phoenix.8215 said:There is only so few other new weapons who would fit guardian, but what do you think should be the next guardian weapon and why?Torch, focus, shield or warhorn for main-hand

sounds to me like warhorn for main-hand - and i id like to have it for off-hand ^^ and unless im blind, there is no other option to vote for warhorn off-hand

That was i bit of a mistake. It would be warhorn for either hand.

well, unless i can vote for warhorn off-hand i prefer not to vote at all cause the last thing i would like to have is main-hand shield or even warhorn mh and if i vote that, it sounds like im fine with whatever, which is not the case. Sorry but 2 shileds? naaah...

warhorn off-hand (means a speed-buff skill + some nice blast-finisher) and maybe some cool stances as utility skills... that would be a guardian version that i think i would enjoy (like i enjoy the DH and FB now).

Edit: btw.. i think it will be an off-hand weapon (crossing my fingers for warhorn =) ) since we got a 2h weapon with the first expansion and a main-hand weapon with second one, so offhand -whatever has quite good chances to be implemented.

@MarshallLaw.9260 said:Considering the past 2 expansions, it's likely that the new version of Virtues which could come with a new elite spec is the more intriguing topic. Personally I felt that the weapons introduced with DH and FB were overshadowed by both Virtues and Utilities (traps and mantras). Longbow seems to be used most commonly in PvP and WvW, but Axe is possibly less utilized unless you're running a condi FB - but even then, sword appears to be favoured more..Chose dagger because I can't see OH weps being implemented into MH any time soon, pistol/rifle doesn't appeal thematically, shortbow is too similar to longbow and OH mace/axe doesn't seem likely.OH sword is a very close second.

I might have been doing it wrong.. but it seems that sword also deals more dmg in burst than axe due to less clunkier symbols.I mean instant symbol with Fury and blind, and your cap-closer, so much in one ability.

And a burst with range that destroys other projectils.

Also the AA for sword 3rd chain is three attacks, triggering VoJ and making swords AA chain only fall ine attack behind.Ofc Axe have more going on with conditions, but still feel that the cast time / clunkiness ruins it.

That said I still find axe to be a cool weapon :)

I dont even care which weapons we get, anything that give us evade frames and high mobility will be welcomed...but I think a cool idea would be a no weapon elite spec, your virtues would work as your weapons, you would wield the spirit weapons, so you would have Justice, a greatsword that you give you damage and mobility skills, Resolve, would be a staff or bow, that would give some condi cleanse and heals, Courage, could be a hammer or shield, and would give support with boons and CC.

@"Felipe.1807" said:I dont even care which weapons we get, anything that give us evade frames and high mobility will be welcomed...but I think a cool idea would be a no weapon elite spec, your virtues would work as your weapons, you would wield the spirit weapons, so you would have Justice, a greatsword that you give you damage and mobility skills, Resolve, would be a staff or bow, that would give some condi cleanse and heals, Courage, could be a hammer or shield, and would give support with boons and CC.

Virtues already give "weapons" for firebrand.

@Regon Phoenix.8215 said:

@"Felipe.1807" said:I dont even care which weapons we get, anything that give us evade frames and high mobility will be welcomed...but I think a cool idea would be a no weapon elite spec, your virtues would work as your weapons, you would wield the spirit weapons, so you would have Justice, a greatsword that you give you damage and mobility skills, Resolve, would be a staff or bow, that would give some condi cleanse and heals, Courage, could be a hammer or shield, and would give support with boons and CC.

Virtues already give "weapons" for firebrand.

well guess you could say that, but the tomes are lame as hell lol...and with no weapons at all, I guess would be easier to balance the F1, F2 and F3...the thing I didnt like about FB is this page thing...should have used ammo or some energy system like Rev...but I am aware Anet will never do something like I suggested...I believe a solid choice for the next elite would warhorn...Warlord or whatever, and would focus on offencive boons and support, and as utilities it could have banners...since Guardian is more "magical" than Warrior, it wouldnt be physical banners but made with the powers of your virtues, so they would follow you around.

Archived