Backline hammer revs after nerf

Haziq.3907

CoR does less damage sure, but its still really high when compared to other skills. You can still hit 10k+ without even going full glass. Plus 4-7k auto attacks, perma fury with constant 25 stacks of might. Also your 3 and 5 skills can easily hit for over 10k.

@X T D.6458 said:CoR does less damage sure, but its still really high when compared to other skills. You can still hit 10k+ without even going full glass. Plus 4-7k auto attacks, perma fury with constant 25 stacks of might. Also your 3 and 5 skills can easily hit for over 10k.

Yup can confirm was hit for 9.9k from a hammer rev the other day on Coalescence of Ruinmyday, just barely escaped from that, before the patch I’d have died to a single follow up auto or just the AoE spam there usually is.

Pre Patch we had always around 10 Revs in a 50 man Pug squad.After the Patch we have AT MOST 2. But thats rare.

I had to switch runes on my scourge to have atleast some form of fury. ( Pack rune)

Surprisingly the number of scourges did not increase much. Even so we got buffed this patch.Weaver and Tempest Numbers have doubled.

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:Pre Patch we had always around 10 Revs in a 50 man Pug squad.After the Patch we have AT MOST 2. But thats rare.

I had to switch runes on my scourge to have atleast some form of fury. ( Pack rune)

Surprisingly the number of scourges did not increase much. Even so we got buffed this patch.Weaver and Tempest Numbers have doubled.

Im not surprised to see more weavers in WvW, although in certain situations its incredibly tricky to play, in Open field they can lay down alot of damage.. I am more surprised that you say Tempest numbers have doubled xP is that from 1 to 2? because Firebrand is still superior compared to Tempest.

@apharma.3741 said:

@X T D.6458 said:CoR does less damage sure, but its still really high when compared to other skills. You can still hit 10k+ without even going full glass. Plus 4-7k auto attacks, perma fury with constant 25 stacks of might. Also your 3 and 5 skills can easily hit for over 10k.

Yup can confirm was hit for 9.9k from a hammer rev the other day on Coalescence of Ruinmyday, just barely escaped from that, before the patch I’d have died to a single follow up auto or just the AoE spam there usually is.

A lot of the damage also depends on the modifiers from traits. Timing and positioning is key to playing, and fighting against a Rev. CoR is a tricky skill to balance because of its mechanics, and unreliable delivery so the tradeoff is high damage and low cool down because it has a high chance of missing often. The main skill is the auto attack which hits 5 targets and does really high damage on its own. A smart rev will not use CoR right away but rather wait for the damage modifiers that only work in combat to kick in. The best counters are gap closers and conditions/cc's.

I am a - so called - backline hammer herald. My damages go up to 17k. I still play it and that's lot of fun.However, one speciality in my case: I tend to play more frontline/midline than backline. As strange as it may sound, I die less going front or staying midline than when I try to stay backline. Maybe because at earlier times, I was playing midline tempest auramancer, so I better position myself mid/front than when I am backline, where I feel always a bit lost with no instinct for where to stand best. But I am a very slow learner ... :3

@Mini Crinny.6190 said:

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:Pre Patch we had always around 10 Revs in a 50 man Pug squad.After the Patch we have AT MOST 2. But thats rare.

Im not surprised to see more weavers in WvW, although in certain situations its incredibly tricky to play, in Open field they can lay down alot of damage.. I am more surprised that you say Tempest numbers have doubled xP is that from 1 to 2? because Firebrand is still superior compared to Tempest.

Same server here.

Many dont want to play Firebrand because its melee. And thats not fun against 30-40 scourge squads.

Pre Patch most squad looked like this:10 Firebrands20 Scourges10 Hammer Revs4-6 Spellbreaker2-4 Chrono or Mirage2-4 Ele Tempest or Weaver

Post Patch:10 Firebrands25 Scourges0-2 Hammer Revs3-4 Spellbreaker2-4 Chrono or Mirage6-8 Tempest or Weaver

I have no idea why anyone would play Weaver over easy mode scourge or rev, many of the hard hitting skills take time and some even root you in place for a period of time, you also take far more risk having lower health if you don’t want to be a wuss. Likewise I can’t understand wanting to go tempest as FB completely eclipses it in support while bringing more to the table.

@"apharma.3741" said:I have no idea why anyone would play Weaver over easy mode scourge or rev, many of the hard hitting skills take time and some even root you in place for a period of time, you also take far more risk having lower health if you don’t want to be a wuss. Likewise I can’t understand wanting to go tempest as FB completely eclipses it in support while bringing more to the table.

I know alot of people who think" I will never go so low and play scourge"" Im better then this"

" I will not go to this kind of level"" Im not here to play ultra easy mode (scourge)"

Yeah, my absolute biggest problem on Weaver is when we're trying to take down a wall/gate. Tip for all you newer Weaver players out there - do NOT ever stand in siege for more than the time it takes you to get out of it.....EVER. You will die.....quickly.....and often.

@apharma.3741 said:I have no idea why anyone would play Weaver over easy mode scourge or rev, many of the hard hitting skills take time and some even root you in place for a period of time, you also take far more risk having lower health if you don’t want to be a wuss. Likewise I can’t understand wanting to go tempest as FB completely eclipses it in support while bringing more to the table.

Because not everyone wants to play what everyone else is playing. I mainly play Scourge in my guild's raids, and it's boring, especially when the majority of raid groups are also scourges. Rev is boring, and FB is not a fun playstyle to me.

Honestly, imo if you want to get good in WvW play something like a Weaver, or a full zerq any class, and you will learn how to survive much faster than playing some zombie class that can just sit on a tag and pump out aoe's without much consequence.

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

@"apharma.3741" said:I have no idea why anyone would play Weaver over easy mode scourge or rev, many of the hard hitting skills take time and some even root you in place for a period of time, you also take far more risk having lower health if you don’t want to be a wuss. Likewise I can’t understand wanting to go tempest as FB completely eclipses it in support while bringing more to the table.

I know alot of people who think" I will never go so low and play scourge"" Im better then this"

" I will not go to this kind of level"" Im not here to play ultra easy mode (scourge)"

Thing is those people were already not playing those classes so there would be no numbers shift, the only people shifting from one class to another would be those that believe it is now in a stronger position than they were before the patch. Weaver and tempest relative to rev, scourge and FB in their roles was weaker before the patch and is weaker after the patch so there’s no reason for those to shift.

I took a break from the game for a while and just got back into it. Was about to jump on my rev and get into a zerg when I saw this thread. :-)Anyone know the logic behind the nerf? I was looking on the forums but can't seem to find a reason why they reduced the damage in WvW.

@apharma.3741 said:I have no idea why anyone would play Weaver over easy mode scourge or rev, many of the hard hitting skills take time and some even root you in place for a period of time, you also take far more risk having lower health if you don’t want to be a wuss. Likewise I can’t understand wanting to go tempest as FB completely eclipses it in support while bringing more to the table.

Sometimes it's about playing a different style of damage dealing and not just playing whatever is the easiest. A zerk weaver requires good positioning and predicting to place their aoes, it's more challenging to play than scourge.

@"DanAlcedo.3281" said:I know alot of people who think" I will never go so low and play scourge"" Im better then this"

I'm kinda in that boat, necro was my main for so long in wvw, and is my main in what little pve I do these days. But I don't feel like playing it in wvw because of how many others there are in there now, I feel like when it came out it was overpowered, given too many things that the class hadn't had before. The scourge design took conditions and corruptions over the top turned me off of it, I hate conditions so I don't really want to support it.

@XenesisII.1540 said:

Sometimes it's about playing a different style of damage dealing and not just playing whatever is the easiest. A zerk weaver requires good positioning and predicting to place their aoes, it's more challenging to play than scourge.

@"DanAlcedo.3281" said:I know alot of people who think" I will never go so low and play scourge"" Im better then this"

I'm kinda in that boat, necro was my main for so long in wvw, and is my main in what little pve I do these days. But I don't feel like playing it in wvw because of how many others there are in there now, I feel like when it came out it was overpowered, given too many things that the class hadn't had before. The scourge design took conditions and corruptions over the top turned me off of it, I hate conditions so I don't really want to support it.

Absolutely agree Xen. I would rather die frequently in either reaper or weaver than go easy mode.

Archived