Can we have our cleave damage back?

Sorem.9157

You know what i'm talking about. Impossible Odds. Can we have it back? I really miss having the sustain from Assassin's Annihilation. Honestly, picking Brutality for the quickness and having Impossible Odds for the extra damage hardly even competes with the old Impossible Odds couple with the sustain from AA siphon.

Please, Rev is so close to being good again :( Can we revert it or add some change just so we don't have to actually say we reverted it. I know Devs don't like reverting things. But just add the quickness back to it.

This is for PvP.

Seriously...

It's especially noticeable when someone is trying to power rez a down and you step in to cleave punish them. IO is insanely ineffective at this now. What was once one of the strongest parts of a rev's game is now one of the weakest.

@Sorem.9157 said:You know what i'm talking about. Impossible Odds. Can we have it back? I really miss having the sustain from Assassin's Annihilation. Honestly, picking Brutality for the quickness and having Impossible Odds for the extra damage hardly even competes with the old Impossible Odds couple with the sustain from AA siphon.

Please, Rev is so close to being good again :( Can we revert it or add some change just so we don't have to actually say we reverted it. I know Devs don't like reverting things. But just add the quickness back to it.

This is for PvP.

Assassin presence has an internal cooldown of 1s. So quickness doesnt add sustain..I wasnt playing revenant before nerf so I cant really compare.I almost like IO as it is, maybe remove its internal cooldown to make it great ?

@"Aigleborgne.2981" said:

Assassin presence has an internal cooldown of 1s. So quickness doesnt add sustain..I wasnt playing revenant before nerf so I cant really compare.I almost like IO as it is, maybe remove its internal cooldown to make it great ?

For the ones which use Swift Termination the previous state of the skill with quickness was miles ahead better than the current one (specially if you use a hammer, for both enhancing your AA damage and speeding up the cast of the slowest skills). Was also great for gathering stuff in PvE. That nerf + the ones made in the Devastation traitline (removing Equilibrium, Dismantle Defenses) essentially turned Shiro the "Legendary Assassin" into the "Legendary Clown" we have now (and still is well above anything else in the class for PvP).

Yup IO change was a buff in raids, nerf in every other area of the game. Like who even asked for anything like Brutality? Devastation line was fine...it was even more fine when we could choose to take unblockables in the first slot. Why is every patch just worse for this class?

In line with the topic of cleave, can we have Equilibrium back now? Ain't nobody good out there using Spirit Boon.

@BeepBoopBop.5403 said:Yup IO change was a buff in raids, nerf in every other area of the game. Like who even asked for anything like Brutality? Devastation line was fine...it was even more fine when we could choose to take unblockables in the first slot. Why is every patch just worse for this class?

In line with the topic of cleave, can we have Equilibrium back now? Ain't nobody good out there using Spirit Boon.

I dont think they'll ever bring back Equilibrium as long as Song of the Mists exists. I think it was ANet's way of replacing it. What I'd like to happen for Invocation:-Remove Rapid Flow and have Spirit Boon also apply 5-10 seconds of Swiftness in addition to the current boons. Increase radius to 600.-Reinstate Equilibrium as a master trait in place of Rapid Flow.-Remove all damaging components from Song of the Mists and instead have it focus strictly on unique legend-specific effects, similar to how Ventari's is implemented. Increase the range to 240-300 for all legends.

And while we are at it, increase Cleansing Channel to 2 conditions.

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:

@BeepBoopBop.5403 said:Yup IO change was a buff in raids, nerf in every other area of the game. Like who even asked for anything like Brutality? Devastation line was fine...it was even more fine when we could choose to take unblockables in the first slot. Why is every patch just worse for this class?

I dont think they'll ever bring back Equilibrium as long as Song of the Mists exists. I think it was ANet's way of replacing it.

The Call of the Assassin, which I think is the hardest hitting song of the mist, hits like 1.5k crit for me. It needs a 200% to 300% buff from it's current state to be remotely worthy of taking over Roiling Mists.

@BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:

I dont think they'll ever bring back Equilibrium as long as Song of the Mists exists. I think it was ANet's way of replacing it.

The Call of the Assassin, which I think is the hardest hitting song of the mist, hits like 1.5k crit for me. It needs a 200% to 300% buff from it's current state to be remotely worthy of taking over Roiling Mists.

Yeah that's my problem with it too. The power damage is super weak. Oddly enough, Call of the Dragon hits harder, and even that is not hard enough. If they aren't going to re-implement Equilibrium they need to give SotM some love.

I've been using phase traversal + staff swap (hydromancy/leeching) + staff aa + impossible odds to explode people in wvw. It rips downed people so damned hard. But thats just me.

kk I just make a quick vid showing how I am using impossible odds atm. Mostly cleaving downed foes I don't really want to stomp like thieves.

@Justine.6351 said:I've been using phase traversal + staff swap (hydromancy/leeching) + staff aa + impossible odds to explode people in wvw. It rips downed people so damned hard. But thats just me.

kk I just make a quick vid showing how I am using impossible odds atm. Mostly cleaving downed foes I don't really want to stomp like thieves.

Yeah, I would say that staff is probably the only weapon where new IO is actually a little better than old IO... And it makes swapping out of swords to staff less of a terrible thing, which is nice.

But damn is it just so, so, soooo much worse with swords or hammer compared to the old iteration. I highly doubt they're going to revert the changes too... I do hope they make some kind of change to it tho to bring back its functionality. Here's a quick idea--and I'm just spit-balling--make the extra hits that IO generates into little AoE mist explosions instead of single target dagger hits... That way it could at least somewhat keep pace with your sword cleave against multiple targets.

Just looking at Impossible Odds from Shiro in GW1,https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Impossible_Odds

Condi transfer, double strikes, aoe

Not that taking boss skills straight from gw1 is reasonable but there is some room for something more I would think but idk I just play what they toss at me now. One day I maybe just play something else.

Id be happier if those strikes did vulnerability maybe?

@"Justine.6351" said:I've been using phase traversal + staff swap (hydromancy/leeching) + staff aa + impossible odds to explode people in wvw. It rips downed people so damned hard. But thats just me.

Why using staff aa ? I don't get it. Sword does a lot more damage. Only staff 5 does good damage according to my experience.Is there something I missed ? Or just for proccing hydro ?

Revenant in WvW and Revenant in PvP are different, since WvW wasn't affected by the skill splits for Sword 2, Staff 5 and you still have hydromancy+leeching. It's no harm linking your videos, but keep in mind that majority of that old burst has been removed or significantly toned down in PvP.

@Aigleborgne.2981 said:

@"Justine.6351" said:I've been using phase traversal + staff swap (hydromancy/leeching) + staff aa + impossible odds to explode people in wvw. It rips downed people so damned hard. But thats just me.

Why using staff aa ? I don't get it. Sword does a lot more damage. Only staff 5 does good damage according to my experience.Is there something I missed ? Or just for proccing hydro ?

I'm a hammer rev and in WvW you use staff opposite it for everything it has over sword/x.

@Aigleborgne.2981 said:

This is why I put agility and hydro on sword/sword. Being able to combo 3k hydros and quickness by swapping legends during any s/s skills (2345 are all great for it) is bae burst. My staff has energy and cleansing.

i approve of this post.

Equilibrium isn't coming back.

IO either needs major improvements in the damage department, some fort of life siphon , some sort of condi removal, or some sort of boon associated with it. You know what boon I think fits perfectly with IO? Quickness! That's a great idea, why didn't we think of quickness earlier!?

@"ventusthunder.5067" said:i approve of this post.

IO either needs major improvements in the damage department, some fort of life siphon , some sort of condi removal, or some sort of boon associated with it. You know what boon I think fits perfectly with IO? Quickness! That's a great idea, why didn't we think of quickness earlier!?

I would even take something like them giving back the 5% passive damage boost and making you ignore the effects of Weakness/Cripple/Chill while channeling.

We really need something to help with Weakness since every other profession just constantly dumps it out in mass AoE form these days.

But just something, anything, to make IO respectable again... Since Shiro is still a must-take-stance in this immob-spam-meta.

@narcx.3570 said:

I would even take something like them giving back the 5% passive damage boost and making you ignore the effects of Weakness/Cripple/Chill while channeling.

We really need something to help with Weakness since every other profession just constantly dumps it out in mass AoE form these days.

But just something, anything, to make IO respectable again... Since Shiro is still a must-take-stance in this immob-spam-meta.

The most annoying thing to me is how the balance team is now stressing skill splits, and at the same time stressing that the goal is to not change the functionality of skills, instead changing the numbers only. This coming shortly after Rev has had Equlibrium completely deleted and IO relatively neutered is kinda a kick in the balls especially considering that (at least with IO) no one complained about the skill and what it provided.

I honestly don't see what's wrong with admitting that the change was a mistake (as we can all see it was, look at rev's cleave damage compared to before). However, it's a net buff in PvE, so good luck to us getting that fixed.

@"ventusthunder.5067" said:

The most annoying thing to me is how the balance team is now stressing skill splits, and at the same time stressing that the goal is to not change the functionality of skills, instead changing the numbers only. This coming shortly after Rev has had Equlibrium completely deleted and IO relatively neutered is kinda a kick in the balls especially considering that (at least with IO) no one complained about the skill and what it provided.

I honestly don't see what's wrong with admitting that the change was a mistake (as we can all see it was, look at rev's cleave damage compared to before). However, it's a net buff in PvE, so good luck to us getting that fixed.

It's only really a net buff for core rev in PvE though... And aint nobody playing that. I mean, teeeechnically it'd be a dps increase for Power Herald over Glint, but if you're not running Glint for your teammates, you should probably just be playing Renegade at that point since Elder's focus is easily outscaled by Lasting Legacy + Kalla stance.

But yeah, it needs something... Or, conversely, they could nerf how out of control immob is right now and then Shiro wouldn't be so mandatory (although I probably couldn't play without Phase Traversal either at this point, so it's whatever.)

Fir high boon durarion revs its gaving its zses too, but they need to improve the additional hits IO is applying.They could add a trait that applies quickness to upkeep abbilities. Would hive a nice GM and all kinda builds could benefit from that.Where to put it idk.Brutality is actually a nice trait because you can melt through stab with it which makes it very rewarding in its own right, but the cleave of ild IO is still something that was fun and efficient.

Since a lot of this thread is about Impossible Odds, I'm going to try to draw attention to this bug thread for it:https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/27944/impossible-odds-revenant

If you have noticed that Impossible Odds does not give you consistent superspeed, making it even weaker than it should be, please consider posting in that thread. I'm trying to make sure the devs see it. The bug is incredibly annoying and made a nerfed skill even weaker. I'm sure it's something people have noticed if they use Shiro quite often. Thanks!

Archived