WvW Alliances & number of maps

Drinks.2361

When the alliance system rolls around are we still going to be playing on 4 maps each match or could we have different target world sizes week to week with maybe less total maps? Say an 8 week stint with more smaller population worlds & only EBG to fight over. Medium size & only one alpine & one desert for the match etc.

I know there is an advantage to the current home alpine borderland, but I've got confidence in your WvW team figuring out how much of an advantage that is when you're balancing the new worlds.

P.S. please don't number the world matches or tell us any relationship between them, let them be independent of each other for their 8 week interval

There's really no point in speculative functionality. What we know is that WvW will be exactly the same as now. It's just that the population will be redistributed across new servers every 8 week or so. That's it. Will this change in the future to accomodate more dynamic maps in addition to dynamic servers? Who knows. There's plenty of us that has said that a generic "EB-like" design across all maps (ie 3-ways) would easily make it possible to scale map count to population, even within the same matchup (such as closing all maps but one during the night when everyone fit on one map).

But it's not going to happen anytime soon, of that I am certain. I dont think it's ever gonna happen - the borders is simply part of the WvW gameplay structure. Just alliances is gonna be a big enough change to swallow.

Archived