Please do away with actual rankings.

Rufo.3716

They don't mean a damn thing anymore. You might as well just give somebody an RNG based number because that's basically all it is. Population is to low for it to actually measure skill accurately. The only thing it does well at the moment is promotes excessive toxicity and trolls. Not to mention the cheaters who will do anything for a stupid title.

It'd be worth removing the visible LB until end of season and just show you the ratings of friends and guild. That at least kills some of the match manipulation people do as they won't be able to see where they are in relation to all the other players in game. idk, this game's ranked season is just a gold farm really. There's not much that can be done to save it on our ends.

I’d suggest removing rank badges for general MMR and instead only allow a person to display a profession specific MMR based badge. The badge would be persistent between seasons.

I’d also make the badges only visible if you have at least 200 lifetime matches on that class.

I’d also implement a MMR decay feature that reduces display badge MMR by 100 every seven days. This would be separate from the MMR and decay used for matchmaking and leaderboard.

People wear the badge to say “I’m good.” But people shouldn’t be showing a platinum badge if they can’t actually play the class they are using at the time. It’s also a pain if you can’t play at end of season and get a lower tier badge until next season. Badges should decay but slower than the decay for leaderboards so people can keep their rank.

Also, I don’t think personal class MMR should reset with a new season (it should be constantly changing even in ranked off season and shouldn’t randomly fluctuate more just because a season has started).

Why?

I know a few people that play legitimately and want to do well to get into the top 250. To them its something to work toward. That is what they enjoy.

'Population is too low for it to actually measure skill accurately.' - so lets do away with one of the things that encourages population? This makes no sense. Its this excessive defeatist talk which discourages players to want to get better, which then will effect your matchmaking which is so often slated because of players who do not care. Its totally counter productive.

@"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:It’s always fun to see these types of posts pop up, it’s always the systems fault and never the individuals fault for why they can’t achieve something, so they want it removed entirely.

Actually yes, the problem is that you can't win alone.The factor "4 random stranger" is TOO MUCH MORE IMPORTANT than "individual skills".For example, my last match, just after the "positioning" ten.The wave of dark memories is coming to me. Again, like the beginning of every season.cDALe9.jpg

@Matiu.5703 said:

@"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:It’s always fun to see these types of posts pop up, it’s always the systems fault and never the individuals fault for why they can’t achieve something, so they want it removed entirely.

Actually yes, the problem is that you can't win alone.The factor "4 random stranger" is TOO MUCH MORE IMPORTANT than "individual skills".For example, my last match, just after the "positioning" ten.The wave of dark memories is coming to me. Again, like the beginning of every season.
cDALe9.jpg

Oh man. :( It's sad that you can tell how hard you were trying and that your team contributed practically nothing and yet you still get -30. That sucks...

As expected the excuses, seems interesting that so many people have zero issues with achieving their desired/high rating without issues and those same people are also normally the ones not blaming everything on the system win or lose. Again it’s always the same people making excuses every season for why they can’t achieve something.

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:As expected the excuses, seems interesting that so many people have zero issues with achieving their desired/high rating without issues and those same people are also normally the ones not blaming everything on the system win or lose. Again it’s always the same people making excuses every season for why they can’t achieve something.

what have you achieved? just curious

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:As expected the excuses, seems interesting that so many people have zero issues with achieving their desired/high rating without issues and those same people are also normally the ones not blaming everything on the system win or lose. Again it’s always the same people making excuses every season for why they can’t achieve something.

I'm sorry that I can't achieve something solo in a team game. The fact that I'm on a team with people who go camp beast spawn only to get it stolen is entirely my fault. Or the 3 people who go to home to cap it at start, is my fault as well. The fact that the population is so damn low that these people are showing up in gold/plat games, is a MAJOR problem. The fact that something that is supposed to show off an individual's skill, is not even close to doing that, means it's flawed and needs a change. At this point all the ranking is good for is undeserved ePeen and toxicity.

@Rufo.3716 said:

I'm sorry that I can't achieve something solo in a team game. The fact that I'm on a team with people who go camp beast spawn only to get it stolen is entirely my fault. Or the 3 people who go to home to cap it at start, is my fault as well. The fact that the population is so kitten low that these people are showing up in gold/plat games, is a MAJOR problem. The fact that something that is supposed to show off an individual's skill, is not even close to doing that, means it's flawed and needs a change. At this point all the ranking is good for is undeserved kitten and toxicity.

Why make stuff up to prove a point?

@Kako.1930 said:

Actually yes, the problem is that you can't win alone.The factor "4 random stranger" is TOO MUCH MORE IMPORTANT than "individual skills".For example, my last match, just after the "positioning" ten.The wave of dark memories is coming to me. Again, like the beginning of every season.
cDALe9.jpg

Oh man. :( It's sad that you can tell how hard you were trying and that your team contributed practically nothing and yet you still get -30. That sucks...

this is why i think my suggestion can solve (posted it in other thread)give point per role you choose to play so even if you lose you get little bit points.

Archived