Feeders

Cat.8621

Is it appropriate to report feeders for match manipulation? I've noticed a few times where one or two people on my team will die 7 or 8 times in a <10 minute game. They just go to a point, only use auto attack, never dodge, and just die. This seems to be a form of match manipulation. There's no way people with over 10,000 achievement points don't know how to dodge. I revived one of them 5 times one game and they just stood there doing nothing after they got up.

It does sound like there may be an issue of one player using two accounts and afking on one while he is fighting on the opposing team on the other. Although GW2 does not allow multiclienting on the same machine, it's not difficult to have an extra laptop open with another client running an alt account.Obviously this is against ToS, but not easy to regulate.

It would be great if ANet could check reports and give harsher punishments to discourage this behavior but the challenge here is sifting through the sheer volume and locating those which are valid. I believe the reporting system is a bit too simple - you right-click report, you pick a category, and submit. There is no limit on how many can be submitted, so somebody could easily spam the function.Personally I would review the system and change it so that:

• Each player has a limited quantity of reports per week/month.
  • Each report can have a description input box so that ANet can more accurately determine the issue.
  • Every time a report is found to be false, the original poster will be given feedback to advise there is nothing ToS -breaking and to be more careful with reporting.

If this was considered and implemented, I think we would have a more efficient system. People would think twice before spamming reports just because they were outplayed and got salty and conversely, there would be a more manageable quantity so whichever devs review them, can have a better chance to remove true offenders.

@MarshallLaw.9260 said:It does sound like there may be an issue of one player using two accounts and afking on one while he is fighting on the opposing team on the other. Although GW2 does not allow multiclienting on the same machine, it's not difficult to have an extra laptop open with another client running an alt account.Obviously this is against ToS, but not easy to regulate.

It would be great if ANet could check reports and give harsher punishments to discourage this behavior but the challenge here is sifting through the sheer volume and locating those which are valid. I believe the reporting system is a bit too simple - you right-click report, you pick a category, and submit. There is no limit on how many can be submitted, so somebody could easily spam the function.Personally I would review the system and change it so that:

• Each player has a limited quantity of reports per week/month.
  • Each report can have a description input box so that ANet can more accurately determine the issue.
  • Every time a report is found to be false, the original poster will be given feedback to advise there is nothing ToS -breaking and to be more careful with reporting.

If this was considered and implemented, I think we would have a more efficient system. People would think twice before spamming reports just because they were outplayed and got salty and conversely, there would be a more manageable quantity so whichever devs review them, can have a better chance to remove true offenders.

LOL? They dont ban AT manipulation that being done with 'multibox' with 10 accounts on same PC . So Anet said its not against rules ,legitimely confirmed manipulate games on AT + ranked which is in same time against ToS. Amazing isnt it ?

@Odik.4587 said:

@MarshallLaw.9260 said:It does sound like there may be an issue of one player using two accounts and afking on one while he is fighting on the opposing team on the other. Although GW2 does not allow multiclienting on the same machine, it's not difficult to have an extra laptop open with another client running an alt account.Obviously this is against ToS, but not easy to regulate.

• Each player has a
    limited
    quantity of reports per week/month.
  • Each report can have a
    description
    input box so that ANet can more accurately determine the issue.
  • Every time a report is found to be false, the original poster will be given
    feedback
    to advise there is nothing ToS -breaking and to be more careful with reporting.

LOL? They dont ban AT manipulation that being done with 'multibox' with 10 accounts on same PC . So Anet said its not against rules ,legitimely confirmed manipulate games on AT + ranked which is in same time against ToS. Amazing isnt it ?

I've clearly been unable to keep up with their announcements regarding this, please could you provide a link to whichever thread/post it was?

@MarshallLaw.9260 said:

• Each player has a
    limited
  • Each report can have a
    description
    feedback

I've clearly been unable to keep up with their announcements regarding this, please could you provide a link to whichever thread/post it was?

No ,i asked my friend to report this people who use 10 accounts to participate in AT with 2 full team of bots. Screenshots of same account names,same looking characters. After AT they were all AFK farming with necro some pve area (i asumme,MM necromancer lul). When we faced them , multiple 'bots' ran out of respawn using some skills blabla , ofc we won 500-0 but still he gets 100-150g per day by doing so. So far he got response its not against ToS to use multibox and participate in AT with 10 accounts. :)Hence why you can see 2-4 full team of NPC's 'playing' AT's 2-3 times per day.I'm pretty sure he selling gold/legendaries but Anet doesnt care enough

@Odik.4587 said:

• Each player has a
    limited
  • Each report can have a
    description
    feedback

No ,i asked my friend to report this people who use 10 accounts to participate in AT with 2 full team of bots. Screenshots of same account names,same looking characters. After AT they were all AFK farming with necro some pve area (i asumme,MM necromancer lul). When we faced them , multiple 'bots' ran out of respawn using some skills blabla , ofc we won 500-0 but still he gets 100-150g per day by doing so. So far he got response its not against ToS to use multibox and participate in AT with 10 accounts. :)Hence why you can see 2-4 full team of NPC's 'playing' AT's 2-3 times per day.I'm pretty sure he selling gold/legendaries but Anet doesnt care enough

@"Ben Phongluangtham.1065"Would it be possible to get a definitive statement about this? What is ANets stance on multiclienting, particularly when it affects the "competitive" side of things?

From what I've read, ANet shut down gold-selling accounts far quicker than any other violation (since it hits their bottom line and perhaps it's simpler to check chatlog to verify the report). Surely reducing the "farming" abilities of gold-sellers who disrupt other peoples gameplay is in their interest also?Maybe ANet are not against this because to be able to farm gold and then send/sell it, a player needs to have a paid account (rather than F2P) so this supposed "10 accounts" person would have had to pay for each one.

@MarshallLaw.9260 said:

• Each player has a
    limited
  • Each report can have a
    description
    feedback

@"Ben Phongluangtham.1065"Would it be possible to get a definitive statement about this? What is ANets stance on
multiclienting
, particularly when it affects the "competitive" side of things?

From what I've read, ANet shut down gold-selling accounts far quicker than any other violation (since it hits their bottom line and perhaps it's simpler to check chatlog to verify the report). Surely reducing the "farming" abilities of gold-sellers who disrupt other peoples gameplay is in their interest also?Maybe ANet are not against this because to be able to farm gold and then send/sell it, a player needs to have a paid account (rather than F2P) so this supposed "10 accounts" person would have had to pay for each one.I had no official respond about it myself , thats what i was told by a friend . After that this ...em... 'GUYS' still playing AT's so its most likely truth. And I assume he might selling gold/legendaries because otherwise why he need that many accounts running AT's/afk farming ?

@Cat.8621 said:Is it appropriate to report feeders for match manipulation? I've noticed a few times where one or two people on my team will die 7 or 8 times in a <10 minute game. They just go to a point, only use auto attack, never dodge, and just die. This seems to be a form of match manipulation. There's no way people with over 10,000 achievement points don't know how to dodge. I revived one of them 5 times one game and they just stood there doing nothing after they got up.

If you have a good memory you'll get one of these people later on and they'll magically play much more competently. A lof of cheating going on in this game sadly.

@Cat.8621 said:Is it appropriate to report feeders for match manipulation? I've noticed a few times where one or two people on my team will die 7 or 8 times in a <10 minute game. They just go to a point, only use auto attack, never dodge, and just die. This seems to be a form of match manipulation. There's no way people with over 10,000 achievement points don't know how to dodge. I revived one of them 5 times one game and they just stood there doing nothing after they got up.

Looking at player's AP, while they are rewarded mostly for doing easy tasks in PvE mostly, it's imho useless.Remember also that there are plenty Afkers/feeders/bots/throwers ( or maybe the target pressed alt + tab because of the XX sec needed for respawn, even if he was downed and not dead. I saw this too sometimes ).

Most of the achievement points in this game come from PvE, a place where dodging is not needed even in zerker gear....

Archived