Placement matches not really worth anything?

@Toll Booth Willie.6723 said:So i lose 100 points, well 99, in four matches? Which can only mean i got placed too high in the first place, which can only mean the matches i played for placement were, pointless?

By playing more you reduce deviation (iirc?),so you being calibrated close to your proper rank, lie you would lose alot , gain a lot too until you play X amount of games to reduce it to min level. So better to not lose ;)New accounts getting ez rating, ez placements,etc. IF you are good player you being calibrated to ~1800 rating with 10 wins 0 losses.Aside from that if you are good player you will carry through this low quality games either solo or duo to 1600 min rating.If you aim for titles, your rating doesnt matter unless you are close to reaching its limit needed to play to claim title. If you dont , play 'for fun and loot'

I kind of agree with you. Usually I'm more or less spot on with placement matches usually, but it seems that in many cases the placements are a bit too random (for example matches with DC-s still count etc..). And after all, your rating is very quickly corrected after a few matches.

Personally I'd remove placements because the matchmaking system is capable of quickly figuring out your skill level anyway.

Archived