Unblocklable Skills

michelada.2947

Can we add a purple aura or something to those attacks? , feels super bad when you think you are going to block and you get bursted down, the only way to know that the opponent has an unblockable effect is checking the bar of the enemy or going to wiki and learn all the skills , a visual effect "in game" would be nice to have

IMO, it's not a good idea.

Unblockables skills are supposed to be surprising, punishing. It's a matter that some of these are too much powerfull, indeed (Hellow SB) but it's another thing to make em too much predictable.

I'd like to say : Just deal with it. Do what you suggested, learn the skills, know your foes' profession well, and dodge instead of block when it's necessary.

@"michelada.2947" said:Can we add a purple aura or something to those attacks? , feels super bad when you think you are going to block and you get bursted down, the only way to know that the opponent has an unblockable effect is checking the bar of the enemy or going to wiki and learn all the skills , a visual effect "in game" would be nice to have

You been complaining about condi DRUIDS.... in thread about stealth... now thisPeople with unblockable attacks have buff icon indicates they will do unblockable attacks. Even visual tell on ranger/warrior signets. Reaper have shout that nobody use just as those two signets...Learn,Two,Play ? Learn unblockable attacks and dodge them instead of wasting block and get killed

@Odik.4587 said:

@"michelada.2947" said:Can we add a purple aura or something to those attacks? , feels super bad when you think you are going to block and you get bursted down, the only way to know that the opponent has an unblockable effect is checking the bar of the enemy or going to wiki and learn all the skills , a visual effect "in game" would be nice to have

You been complaining about condi DRUIDS.... in thread about stealth... now thisPeople with unblockable attacks have buff icon indicates they will do unblockable attacks. Even visual tell on ranger/warrior signets. Reaper have shout that nobody use just as those two signets...Learn,Two,Play ? Learn unblockable attacks and dodge them instead of wasting block and get killed

Savage.But I would have to agree.

@Odik.4587 said:

Is just like you said, you need to have that person targeted and see the buff, there is no visual indication on a game mode that is so fast paced, not everyone is a pro and can check the buff bar so fast, overall with the amount of damage we have now on pvp is pretty dificult

Learning the Enemy skills will prove so much more useful to you in many more Scenarios than just Unblockable skills, so I'd suggest that anyway.I disagree with having such a huge tell on Unblockable skill usage.

@michelada.2947 said:

@michelada.2947 said:Can we add a purple aura or something to those attacks? , feels super bad when you think you are going to block and you get bursted down, the only way to know that the opponent has an unblockable effect is checking the bar of the enemy or going to wiki and learn all the skills , a visual effect "in game" would be nice to have

Is just like you said, you need to have that person targeted and see the buff, there is no visual indication on a game mode that is so fast paced, not everyone is a pro and can check the buff bar so fast, overall with the amount of damage we have now on pvp is pretty dificult

IF you play pvp you gotta be 'pro' in competitive mode to stay alive . We alrdy have more than enough of visual noise and AI's around to not add something like that :)Game starts, u see enemies, quickly remember meta builds ,their unblockable attacks and keeping in mind what could go wrong when you use blocks.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Unblockable;)

@Theros.1390 said:IMO, it's not a good idea.

Unblockables skills are supposed to be surprising, punishing. It's a matter that some of these are too much powerfull, indeed (Hellow SB) but it's another thing to make em too much predictable.

I'd like to say : Just deal with it. Do what you suggested, learn the skills, know your foes' profession well, and dodge instead of block when it's necessary.

sooo explain to me which unblockable is too powerfull from spellbreaker we got full counter which is pretty easy to dodge and its damage got decreased recently. and we got loss aversion which offcourse, you can't block a boon to being removed that would make the trait useless. You also have magebane tether which only gets cast when you hit a burst. Then you have the few warriors playing signet of might but that has a big visual effect. (this is not a bash just want to understand what you see as too powerfull here)

@"protox.6085" said:sooo explain to me which unblockable is too powerfull from spellbreaker we got full counter which is pretty easy to dodge and its damage got decreased recently. and we got loss aversion which offcourse, you can't block a boon to being removed that would make the trait useless. You also have magebane tether which only gets cast when you hit a burst. Then you have the few warriors playing signet of might but that has a big visual effect. (this is not a bash just want to understand what you see as too powerfull here)

You give the exemple of Full counter ? The skill which with a 10 sec CD (and the good traits) :

• Is unblockable
  • Is a block for yourself
  • Deals 890 base damages + 20 % thanks to revenge counter
  • Gives 2,5 sec of Resistance
  • Gives 4 sec of Protection
  • Inflict Cripple and slow for 3 sec
  • Gives 2,5 sec of stab
  • Gives 4 sec of swiftness
  • Dazes

I'm not crying for a nerf, I'm aware that the Warrior is not on the top of the world nowadays, but come on... all of this, on one skill with a 10 sec CD ? To me that's sounds like "powerfull", yea.

Archived