Any clue how to obtain recipes for Grieving.

Warlord.9074

@Phen Rae.5876 said:I know for SURE you can get it from exotic story gear- like when you fully unlock weaver and get the gloves? You can choose Grieving stats, so they're not exclusively WvW and PvP

You can get Exotic Grieving ~~recipes ~~ equipment from the Steward in the Tomb of Primeval kings, although that requires some Rare Collection unlocks.

@Ojimaru.8970 said:

@Phen Rae.5876 said:I know for SURE you can get it from exotic story gear- like when you fully unlock weaver and get the gloves? You can choose Grieving stats, so they're not exclusively WvW and PvP

You can get Exotic Grieving recipes from the Steward in the Tomb of Primeval kings, although that requires some Rare Collection unlocks.

do you get the insignia/inscription after the achieves?

@dagger dave.5201 said:

@Ojimaru.8970 said:

You can get Exotic Grieving recipes from the Steward in the Tomb of Primeval kings, although that requires some Rare Collection unlocks.

do you get the insignia/inscription after the achieves?

Sorry, just double checked. You can only buy the exotic weapons, armor and trinkets from that merchant. Tried salvaging an exotic Grieving helmet with Mystic Salvage Kit and didn't get an insignia. :(

@canela.5246 said:How do we unlock the servant in the tomb?

You have to complete the rare collection achievements for Funerary Armor. Once unlocked, the steward sells armor boxes in exchange for Elegy Mosaics, or bounty hunting currency (you earn the currency after killing a bounty for the second time).

Armor Collection Achieves: Exaltation of the Guardians, Glorify the Golden Heart, Recitation of the Litany of Deeds, Walk the Land, Washing the Brow, and The Collection of Tribute.

Most of it is pretty easy if you're playing through story while completing maps. A few sticky points, like defeating the legendary maw, and Treasure map RNG. I have no idea how to unlock the weapons yet, but they're beautiful.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

In the balance update, they did not release recipes ascended Grieving gear. But they did add in the item that essentially acts like an insignia.

It's called 'Intact Mosaic' and you get them as drops from bounties (I think) but they aren't bound so they are available on the TP right now. I was able to take a full ascended set of armor and weapons and use the Mystic Forge recipe to switch the stats over to Grieving (mosaic + anthology of heroes + 5 ectos + armor/weapon piece). Only thing I don't know about currently is trinkets.

@Maethor.2810 said:In the balance update, they did not release recipes ascended Grieving gear. But they did add in the item that essentially acts like an insignia.

It's called 'Intact Mosaic' and you get them as drops from bounties (I think) but they aren't bound so they are available on the TP right now. I was able to take a full ascended set of armor and weapons and use the Mystic Forge recipe to switch the stats over to Grieving (mosaic + anthology of heroes + 5 ectos + armor/weapon piece). Only thing I don't know about currently is trinkets.

That is very helpful, Maethor.

The trinkets are sold by a vendor that has been disabled all week. When that vendor is enabled they can be found in the tomb of primeval kings.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived