The matchmaking still sucks

brannigan.9831

I don't know if they patched in the matchmaking they tested on unranked in the off-season but if they did it still not very good. My beef has nothing to do with my win loss record. It has to do with the fact that a lot of the time whether I win or lose seems to almost have nothing to do with how I am playing. The difference between winning 500-300 or losing 500-300 in a lot of matches is simply getting worse or better teammates. In a lot of losses im putting up the same kind of stats and kill death ratios as the wins. If I was losing because of opponets being better then me I wouldn't be having basically the same stats as I do when I win. To sum it up I feel like I have very little effect on most matches and its frustrating. A)I either get put with other good players and win fairly easy B)I get put with weaker players and despite still winning most of my fights lose the match because I can't be everywhere. It would be better if I felt like I was overmatched when I lost and that I really did something great when I win but its not those feelings most of the time.

@"brannigan.9831" said:I don't know if they patched in the matchmaking they tested on unranked in the off-season but if they did it still not very good. My beef has nothing to do with my win loss record. It has to do with the fact that a lot of the time whether I win or lose seems to almost have nothing to do with how I am playing. The difference between winning 500-300 or losing 500-300 in a lot of matches is simply getting worse or better teammates. In a lot of losses im putting up the same kind of stats and kill death ratios as the wins. If I was losing because of opponets being better then me I wouldn't be having basically the same stats as I do when I win. To sum it up I feel like I have very little effect on most matches and its frustrating. A)I either get put with other good players and win fairly easy B)I get put with weaker players and despite still winning most of my fights lose the match because I can't be everywhere. It would be better if I felt like I was overmatched when I lost and that I really did something great when I win but its not those feelings most of the time.

Perhaps consider that players cannot be relied on to be consistently weak or strong or perform well or badly. Unfortunately how "good" a player is, is not a constant.Also, maybe the player is 9/10 with 1 profession but 2/10 on another but the system doesn't use class MMR since everyone will roll in on rev (or something they are weak on) and immediately switch to a stronger choice.

I'm not at all diminishing your argument that match making could use some improvement, but ultimately, there are too many factors to take into account.As it's early in the season, player rank/position will be very volatile at this point and may start to even out with people falling into their appropriate brackets within the next few weeks.

Archived