Last Stand

Was Last Stand get gutted out of the Scoring System update?

Last Stand

Last Stand describes the final day of any week long matchupDuring Last Stand, Skirmish placement Victory Points are multipliedThis is intended to make the last day of the match as exciting as the first, and provide a final comeback mechanic for teams that are behind

It was mentioned to be a last option to help balance matches if skirmish mode didn't work as intended. Doesn't look like they think it was needed so far.Now that we're getting alliance mode with populations supposedly going to be more balanced between servers, they may wait until after that to bother looking into this option.

Last Stand•Last Stand describes the final day of any week long matchup•During Last Stand, Skirmish placement Victory Points are multiplied•This is intended to make the last day of the match as exciting as the first, and provide a final comeback mechanic for teams that are behind

@nativity.3057 said:Would be a great addition. Currently on Fridays WvW is pretty much dead until reset occurs. With daylight saving time, reset starting at 10pm EST makes the fun short. Let's make the entire day fun!

What was the reason for them not bumping that back a couple hours, again? I know this has been discussed before.I feel like 8EST/5PST would be better than what we currently have.

~ Kovu

Oh lol I got it mixed up with the action level multiplier, my bad been so long.

In any case don't think they felt the need to add it in, population balance through links is what they were working on to get scoring more balanced, skirmish mode itself took care of overnight run away scoring. If they added in the last stand option it might have given servers boost in scoring which didn't really reflect their true strength. Could you imagine these days too if we had it with the servers tanking, we probably would have even more players not showing up to play to avoid scoring on that day, especially those servers trying to stay out of tier one. Or even earlier in the week to make sure their scores were low enough to compensate for any sudden hard ppt pushes on the last day.

@Kovu.7560 said:

@nativity.3057 said:Would be a great addition. Currently on Fridays WvW is pretty much dead until reset occurs. With daylight saving time, reset starting at 10pm EST makes the fun short. Let's make the entire day fun!

What was the reason for them not bumping that back a couple hours, again? I know this has been discussed before.I feel like 8EST/5PST would be better than what we currently have.

~ Kovu

Apparently pst players want to play right on reset as well, regardless of the queue they share with the east coast players...Plus anet wanted time to do last minute patches, cause friday at 9pm est is a great time to patch before heading home for the weekend...They also like releasing their expansions on fridays, when everyone else does it on like tuesdays, anet being different.

Archived