thief sword and dagger bug

i play thief about every other day right now but peps say sword and dagger are fine but the damage i do does not meat the right numbers for me. i have already talked about how dagger is like 50% from what it used to be for me. Swrod is prity bad for me right now as of the time i am telling you all this i am doing 200 to 300 per hit and only like 800 for a crit this damage is not sutable for any typ of dps. i dont get it almost every time you nerf damage my account puts numbers way lower then what you say it is. if you want to know how bad it is i am in zerker all the time so if you say its 15% nerf i should see only 15% not more then that. i am just leting you know what my bug is so you can fix it.

what mode? pve/pvp/wvw? full zerk? weapon/armor/trinkets all zerk (or zerker amulet for pvp)? quick rough calculation your damage on sword auto should be 3x what it is against a full tanky player on a noncrit... Only way I can see you doing that low damage is a lower level area, like say Metrica... On a mostly maurader build, I'm doing 3x your damage in a slightly lower level area, so you will have to give more information about what you are talking about and your build and stats.

@Belishine.7493 said:i play thief about every other day right now but peps say sword and dagger are fine but the damage i do does not meat the right numbers for me. i have already talked about how dagger is like 50% from what it used to be for me. Swrod is prity bad for me right now as of the time i am telling you all this i am doing 200 to 300 per hit and only like 800 for a crit this damage is not sutable for any typ of dps. i dont get it almost every time you nerf damage my account puts numbers way lower then what you say it is. if you want to know how bad it is i am in zerker all the time so if you say its 15% nerf i should see only 15% not more then that. i am just leting you know what my bug is so you can fix it.

I do not know why it was nerfed. I do not play it, but did not have a problem with sd on any build but core warrior, and it was my understanding that weaver vaporized them. Not to say that they were not op, just in awe that they nerf the less popular builds. But I think anet wants more people making guns, anything for that economical decimal point. I seen the deathstroke to sd months ago, it is why I never learned it past defeating a new player.

@Belishine.7493 said:ok this is wvw i am full zerker ascended lvl 80 mastery 262 rank 202 in wvw so that is my general stats. i know i am sopost to use muraders but i like useing zerker for the high risk high reword. so if my damage is low then that is a bug right?

I don't care if it's 1 mastery or 200, wvw rank at 1 or rank 10,000. That's all irrelevant. All I care about are the traits and the build stats and what the damage was done against, because that's all that is relevant.

so you are seeing it in wvw doing 200 damage against what? A minstrel firebrand with protection? What is the build? What damage are you doing to a moa or a drake? Have you gone to a gh arena with same builds to compare damage? I need more information to believe the claim as given.

Without more information, I'm left to assume you are exaggerating the missing damage, or are not taking something into account. I had a sword/dagger thief try to kill a character I was goofing around on last night. Damage he did to me wasn't large, but I was also on a fully tanky build. He still did more than 200-300 a hit.

If you walk up to a glassy character, like a zerk or even maurader, your non-crit auto attack should still do ~900-1k or really higher, with the 3rd in the chain hitting for ~1400-1500 non-crit give or take a bit. And if they are fairly tanky, 600-800 for 1st and second auto attack, with the 3rd in the chain doing ~1000-1100. The only way I can see you doing 200-300 is if your weapon isn't exotic, you are naked without armor or trinkets, and your target is still not full glass.

wow dagger is not just a condi wepon you know its the thiefs hybrid wepon but that is besides the points if you read what i wrote its mainly about how sword is only doing 200 damage per hit on everything in wvw unless i get a crit then its 800. that is the issue not me useing a dam dagger ok. the big issue is that im full zerker gear and its all ascended so none of this bs about you are miss seeing stuff or you dont know what you are talking about this brings a bigger issue were some one trying to get help will just leave the game and say wow another game were trying to get stuff fixed and constinly told you rong even though they have played the class for 3+ years. if you make a comment make shure you read what is being said and reply acordingly not troll

i have some new stuff to add to this. i have played my asura thief and found that he does not hit for 200-300 damage with the sword and the dagger is hiting for around like 2k a hit.So on my acount the norn female is buged for me were the sword is hiting for 200-300 damage. this is with both toons in full ascended zerker ( for those that beserker) and runing da, trick, and dd build. now that you know this its odd that i am runing the same stuff but the norn is bugged for me. i have no idea of more info i can give you on this becouse the damage for norn is 200 to 300 on everything npc and pc. i hop this helps to fix my issue.

just adding the final bit of info on this and ill not make any more report on this for like a week ok. so i did some more testing in world v. world and found that out of my 3 thiefs the only one that is buged at the moment is my norn female. the damage test in wvw for the 2 non bugged toons is i hit for a solid high end 800-1300 on a crit can get up to 4k. not bad for sword in wvw for any thief but when you look at the norn how ever i get 200-300 damage no mater what i try to do if i crit i get 800. so in whole the codeing for my female norn is messed up for me to get geting that low of damage for no logical reason. this is with all 3 toons useing the same gear and build and it done explane why the norns is geting the supper heavy nerf for sword damge. if i need to let me know if i need to post a photo of my combat damage for you so you can see i am not jokeing around here.i hop this help you out for what ever my issue is.

What I was going to say was lost when my graphic driver decided to be a pain, so I have to do it anew.

I call bull on you only doing 200-300 damage with dagger Or Sword since you keep changing which thing you are talking about, and actually being in full berserker stats. I asked for your numbers, your stats, as well as traits, for a reason, and you didn't provide it. All I'm seeing is what appears as anecdotal numbers instead of any visible facts to believe what you state. What is your power at? Did you verify every single piece of equipment has stats and that every piece is what you believe it is (example: That you have the actual real incinerator on or that it is actually a level 80 exotic or is ascended or sword or whatever, that it has zerk stats on, and that it's strength is 970-1,030? Or that your armor is level 80 exotic or ascended with zerk stats and that you have trinkets that are also zerk or whatever?)Maybe there is some fluke with that character, but it would be a very strange issue, and you'd need to rule out it's an issue with equipment instead by verifying everything.

as you read witch you are not the 200 damage numbers is for sword not dagger i was hiting differantly with dagger but still lower then they were saying it was. the dagger for wvw for my female norn thief lost 40%-50% of its damage not the 15% they say it was. if you also read what i posted yesterday you see that i did some thief test with my asura and human and the damage numbers are just fin for them but the norn is messed up for me. so with that being stated how the hell do you have the balls to say im lieing or dont know what the hell im talking about when i just did the dam test and my norn is messed up. just to make shure you all shut the hell up and get my shit fixed ill go on today and do the screenshots of my norn and the damage i am doing with her ok ill post them in a few hours here.

well some good news is that what ever bug i had on norn is now fixed and im doing the right now. its odd though that the bug stayed around for a week and now is gone. from now on when ever i see any issue on my end ill just post screenshots in this bug area for everyone to see.

@Belishine.7493 said:as you read witch you are not the 200 damage numbers is for sword not dagger i was hiting differantly with dagger but still lower then they were saying it was. the dagger for wvw for my female norn thief lost 40%-50% of its damage not the 15% they say it was. if you also read what i posted yesterday you see that i did some thief test with my asura and human and the damage numbers are just fin for them but the norn is messed up for me. so with that being stated how the hell do you have the balls to say im lieing or dont know what the hell im talking about when i just did the dam test and my norn is messed up. just to make shure you all shut the hell up and get my kitten fixed ill go on today and do the screenshots of my norn and the damage i am doing with her ok ill post them in a few hours here.

Maybe you should have re-read what I said at the end of that post too.

How can I sit there and say that? Because you never answered what I asked to verify it, and I can guarantee you missed something, whether it was something losing it's stats which happens rarely for selectable stat items (and which could have 'fixed' itself. I've seen weirder things before), or you had on a different armor set, or possibly even accidentally equipped a white low level item. Something caused the difference, and without actual proof I cannot believe that a Norn character somehow does damage differently.

For bugs like that, always verify every single piece of equipment, and when someone is trying to look at what is going on, especially wanting to recreate to see if there is a bug, that answering those questions like what your stats are help everyone, including Anet devs/QA. Screenshots go a long way as well, showing combat log, although they still miss some things like protection on the target.

For instance though, If I know what your power is, the skill used, and the damage done to the target, I can calculate what the armor of the target was if they didn't have protection, on a non-crit. Which is also how I know that you would have had to have basically no power at all to do 200 damage. On crits that needs more information but wasn't relevant to what you were perceiving.

Archived