I... I think Condi Glint/Mallyx Potato counters Mesmer 1v1.

Yes, I know, I'm insane; hear me out.

Carrion Glint/Mallyx puts out enough torment and chill to melt illusions.Song of the Mists, namely Mallyx and Glint's flavors, apply burning and chilled/ slow and torment to nearby illusions on swap.Pulsating Pestilence puts condis on illusions. namely confusion from the Mesmer themselves, but also cripple/burning if you've acquired it.Herald line grants superspeed on stunbreak, which can let you escape shatters after being Power Locked.

I think revenant by nature might be able to shut mesmers down if specced properly.

@Kako.1930 said:Have you been able to confirm this in practice? Just curious. I would love to be able to put my revenant to use again. :P

I need to duel a couple hundred mesmers. I have fought a few power mesmers and one that was originally power and flipped to condi. Power mesmers melted from rapid torment application, Condi ones lasted longer and won about 50/50, but only by slim margins. Im sure someone with a bit more experience as rev would do better.

Im running Carrion, Scavenger runes. Mace/Axe and SW/Shield. Incovation/Corruption/Herald.

this is a theory at the moment but I'll look at numbers today and see if this is a legitimate counterbuild. It sure feels like it.

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

@witcher.3197 said:No. There's useless and then there's condi rev, somewhere far below potato tier. OP is trippin, any 1v1 build should be able to mop the floor with mallyx rev

Agreed that I am insane but I'll test tonight.

Could you also list what builds you test against and how well they work? It'd be interesting to see what builds are impacted by it's presence.

@Ario.8964 said:

@witcher.3197 said:No. There's useless and then there's condi rev, somewhere far below potato tier. OP is trippin, any 1v1 build should be able to mop the floor with mallyx rev

Agreed that I am insane but I'll test tonight.

Could you also list what builds you test against and how well they work? It'd be interesting to see what builds are impacted by it's presence.

Rogerthat

That combo sucks and you will be like the last person to try it.

Condi rev has like the worst condi damage of all condi specs in a pvp environment by a good margin.

Post some videos of you getting 2 shot repeatedly by some semi-decent mes for us. I need a chuckle.

Or I’ll just come farm you on another subpar (but less subpar) rev build if you want.

@witcher.3197 said:

@Kako.1930 said:Have you been able to confirm this in practice? Just curious. I would love to be able to put my revenant to use again. :P

No. There's useless and then there's condi rev, somewhere far below potato tier. OP is trippin, any 1v1 build should be able to mop the floor with mallyx rev

@JayAction.9056 said:That combo sucks and you will be like the last person to try it.

Condi rev has like the worst condi damage of all condi specs in a pvp environment by a good margin.

Post some videos of you getting 2 shot repeatedly by some semi-decent mes for us. I need a chuckle.

Or I’ll just come farm you on another subpar (but less subpar) rev build if you want.

Aggressive but ok~

@JayAction.9056 said:That combo sucks and you will be like the last person to try it.

Aggressive but ok~

i'd ignore him. he's salty for whatever reason. he might have been farmed by a power flamethrower engineer recently....oh yeah. that's most likely me. XD

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:Yes, I know, I'm insane; hear me out.

Carrion Glint/Mallyx puts out enough torment and chill to melt illusions.Song of the Mists, namely Mallyx and Glint's flavors, apply burning and chilled/ slow and torment to nearby illusions on swap.Pulsating Pestilence puts condis on illusions. namely confusion from the Mesmer themselves, but also cripple/burning if you've acquired it.Herald line grants superspeed on stunbreak, which can let you escape shatters after being Power Locked.

I think revenant by nature might be able to shut mesmers down if specced properly.

I play condi herald. Ironically you put condi rev weakness as a strength. Condi rev does not have the aoe pressure to fight mirage. The time it takes to build enough aoe damage is way too long to counter clones quickly. And no way to counter staff clones.

And condi rev works better against power Mesmer anyway.

Aggressive but ok~

Just trying to help you out with some realistic ideas of what happens to that build. Your ideas are not new. I ran that prior to POF, condi rev damage nerfs, and some of the trait changes with moderate success. You have no disengage for one. For example, Mes can sit stealth when you try to swap into slow or just simply avoid it and burst you immediately after with no way for you to recover. It has quite a low range and it’s not long lasting to begin with.

@Ghos.1326 said:

Aggressive but ok~

i'd ignore him. he's salty for whatever reason. he might have been farmed by a power flamethrower engineer recently....oh yeah. that's most likely me. XD

Brah at least talk some factuals man. Stop the spread of useless information/misinformation.

It helps nobody.

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:Yes, I know, I'm insane; hear me out.

I'm not sure if you are trolling or not but i can help with tests :') xD (if u are EU kappa)

Shield is only situationally good against mesmer ( they lack unblockable utility ) but bad against too many other things. The loss of mobility you would have gotten from Axe or sword means any decent thief can very easily outplay you, and the self root lets aoe spam classes setup against you. S/S or S/A overall seem to have better matchups.

Mallyx is in a better spot post buff but still seriously lacks any sort of real defensive utility.

@JayAction.9056 said:

Aggressive but ok~

Just trying to help you out with some realistic ideas of what happens to that build. Your ideas are not new. I ran that prior to POF, condi rev damage nerfs, and some of the trait changes with moderate success. You have no disengage for one. For example, Mes can sit stealth when you try to swap into slow or just simply avoid it and burst you immediately after with no way for you to recover. It has quite a low range and it’s not long lasting to begin with.

Aggressive but ok~

Brah at least talk some factuals man. Stop the spread of useless information/misinformation.

It helps nobody.

Want to drop facts? You get farmed by lots of people every day. Don't try to act all high and mighty because you main a subpar class. At this point, anything is worth testing for rev. Shutting it down without even testing it is just being narrow minded. EVEN if it's bad on paper

@Ario.8964 said:

Aggressive but ok~

Aggressive but ok~

It helps nobody.

Want to drop facts? You get farmed by lots of people every day. Don't try to act all high and mighty because you main a subpar class. At this point, anything is worth testing for rev. Shutting it down without even testing it is just being narrow minded. EVEN if it's bad on paper

Here come the emotional responses...

There are very few people in the game that beat me period, even with builds that counter rev. Let alone farm me, lol. My ranking and game play since season 1 says quite the opposite.

Honestly what are you talking about?

This build has already been tried by other people such as myself. It doesn’t work.

It’s worse than subpar.

Rev had to get nerfed to the point of being definitively worse than every class overall for me to not outright farm the majority of the names that have appeared in top 100 since s5 lmao.

I played said build a lot and reached legend solo with it in duoq seasons. Though I did not play it a lot since pof, as it was unplayable.

Tbh after the patch its not unusable. Does it COUNTER mesmer? Absolutely not due to gutting of retribution and lack of stability. A couple of properly placed interrupts (mesmer has plenty of) and you’re dead. This build is also heavily boon reliant and most mesmers run disenchanter. It can fk you up really bad. You could win though if you outplay them, but I’d say mes is at least favored if played well.

Also this build has the same issue it always had which is that thief shits on you. 5k crits from stolen skill twice or even 4 times vs s/d means u will be out of dodges sooner than you’d like and die. And they steal your might.With retribution now useless means you don’t have stab so d/p in specific deletes you due to your long and telegraphed animations. (Headshot says hi)

This generally means if you try to be a duelist as this you cannot survive thief +1 and you end up feeding. That is even if this build does beat mes (it probably doesn’t).

But the main pain point this build has is scourge. Necro was already a tough matchup in hot because your defense vs condi is resistance, and you do condi damage. Necros have corrupts and transfers. A good necro was a skillful matchup.A good scourge now means you lose.Which makes you unable to be in teamfight role.

Also you obviously ain’t a roamer since you don’t take shiro. So your mobility is not amazing. And you’re not really a support...

Which leaves this build suboptimal at best at any role.

But hey I still think its fun as hell. That’s something.

I wasn't very constructive before so I'll try to be:

Mallyx rev is just a mess.

For starters, it can't handle direct damage, which means it's at a disadventage against 8 of the 9 classes atm. The only way it can deal with conditions is resistace, a boon, and the only condi class in the meta is the best one at boon removal. So it's just all around terrible against anything you can imagine.

It's a melee build without sustain, clunky and low damage, and without the evade/block frames of a power rev.

Checking in here. I'm taking video where I can to compile. It's working (I think? I could be just getting lucky), also vs warriors if you're willing to be the absolute scummiest in kiting. Every time they stun you you get superspeed to kite if you havent burned your 7's/swap/glintheal.

I'll fiddle with the quality so people can see logs if possible. If it is too much trouble I'll just show the build and the matches once I have what I consider reasonable proof.

It's not just pressbuttons to win like some specs that end up being defined counters, you need to know rev and where to put your buttons.

@messiah.1908 said:why not staff instead of sw/sh? more cc and block and evade

No go on this. I fell back to Sword shield because sword 3 and axe 4 help you stick to your target for Song of the Mists procs.

Archived