Request related to new thief elite spec

Senkaga Yanze.7896

Please give us greasword or axe main hand I think executioner would be a great name for this elite spec. I posted an elite spec idea titled next thief elite specs. This is also a joke cuz I’m a retard cuz that’s what everyone who reads this and my other post I just renamed this is a joke cuz it’s a wishlist.

so many npc rouges / bandits got torches, so i guess we got a good chance on an arsonist. i would love a whip as some npcs got them already from the nightmare court, but i think that is unlikely going to happen.i think greatsword would either not fit at all to the thief or would be too much like current staff.

I would like scepter or focus for more shadow magic theme(not really support but it may have an opportunity for it). I use to want greatsword but I agree with Deceiverthat it doesn't really fit the style, plus the last two expansions have already given us two 2handed weapons. Most likely to get sword offhand I think.

The weapons that do fit to Thief are aside of what they have already Offhand Sword, this should become just baseline, its total stupid that Offhand Swords is not part of the Core Thief Weapon repertoire, but dual daggers is... a thief who fights with dual daggers, should also easily be able to wield dual swords. rolleyes

Aside of that should receive Thief Longbow, cause thats the weapon of a true RogueTorches or MH Mace, cause thats the weapon of a true Saboteur, I prefer Torch over Mace, cause Stun Thief is boring, Thief needs access to Burning!!Chain Whips/Sickles, cause thats the weapon of a true Infiltrator/RaiderChakrams, cause thats the weapon of a true AssassinFocus Artefacts, cause thats the weapon of a true Stalker and which mastered Shadow Spells, not this garbage that Deadeye provides ...Claws/Cestus, cause thats the weapon of a true Ascetic (Shaolin "Monks")Crossbow(s), cause thats the weapon of a true SeekerRifles should become a Core Thief baselined weapon as part of fixing the underwater combat system, merging obsolete Harpoon Guns together with Rifles, that way would they replace the obsolete Deadeye with the Longbow using Rogue then which woudl fit as a E Spec alot better into the game, than the Deadeye, deasdeye also absolutely doesnt fit thematicalyl to PoF, Rogues do fit better to PoF

Aside of this no other weapons should thieves have..

No nonsensical unfitting greatswords, no unfitting shields, no unfitting warhorns, no unfitting hammers, no unfitting axes, no unfitting polearms/scythes and such crap.

Classes in GW2 should use only weapons, which fit to the theme of the class, are historically correct and fit to the role of a class while filling up gameplay gaps of the Thief, which aren#t covered yet by any of the existign weapons.

@Orpheal.8263 said:No nonsensical unfitting greatswords, no unfitting shields, no unfitting warhorns, no unfitting hammers, no unfitting axes, no unfitting polearms/scythes and such crap.

Classes in GW2 should use only weapons, which fit to the theme of the class, are historically correct and fit to the role of a class while filling up gameplay gaps of the Thief, which aren#t covered yet by any of the existign weapons.

Actually thief is great in using axes as whirlwind skill shows. And it fits priate or ambusher theme I think.

As much as would like to see GS on thief. I do not think it has a place among the class. Personally i think that would be too close to the s/d, d/d or staff playstyle. Like you're going to be either evasive or stealthy with it.

A much better option would be either (double) axe or mace. Think of an idea where the profession swingings around the weapon(s) which basically acts like a nunchaku. and your roll/playstyle is based on blocking and counterattack everything your foe's throw at you. Basically like spellbreaker but squishier obviously and with a lot more style.

How does GS not make sense? It would make total sense if they approached it from a Samurai perspective. Now I'm not saying I want GS on thief but it could totally work. Samurai GS would also thematically fit with Staff as well.

Id prefer Axe/Mace/OH Sword before anything else though. Since the last two weapons we've gotten have been 2 handers, I would expect a 1 hand weapon for the next elite spec.

@"Slugonaut.9841" said:How does GS not make sense? It would make total sense if they approached it from a Samurai perspective. Now I'm not saying I want GS on thief but it could totally work. Samurai GS would also thematically fit with Staff as well.

I'm just guessing, but a GS is big, bulky and hard to conceal, which far removes it from the theme of trickery and subterfuge that the Thief is going for. That's probably why it doesn't make sense.

"BUT WHAT ABOUT STAFF?!" you ask. . Well a staff doubles as a walking-stick, so it's both a weapon and an inconspicuous tool. You could argue that you could wrap a greatsword in a cloth and walk around with it, but that would still attract a lot of attention as everybody and their mother would be able to label you as a warrior.

From a lore perspective, the theme is all about not attracting unwanted attention to yourself until you engage.

@Zalavaaris.5329 said:I would die happy if I got a gs for my thief. :)

Also the acrobatic greatsword does seem kind of animeish but that could be a cool play style in this game.

Yeah, but the problem with that is that Daredevil already exists. Elite specs are supposed to switch things up in terms of playstyle. Daredevil is basically an offensive oriented Acrobatics trait-line, which would completely overlap with an acrobatic focused GS trait-line.

@TwiceDead.1963 said:

@"Slugonaut.9841" said:How does GS not make sense? It would make total sense if they approached it from a Samurai perspective. Now I'm not saying I want GS on thief but it could totally work. Samurai GS would also thematically fit with Staff as well.

I'm just guessing, but a GS is big, bulky and hard to conceal, which far removes it from the theme of trickery and subterfuge that the Thief is going for. That's probably why it doesn't make sense.

"BUT WHAT ABOUT STAFF?!"
you ask. . Well a staff doubles as a walking-stick, so it's both a weapon and an inconspicuous tool. You could argue that you could wrap a greatsword in a cloth and walk around with it, but that would still attract a lot of attention as everybody and their mother would be able to label you as a warrior.

From a lore perspective, the theme is all about not attracting unwanted attention to yourself until you engage.

@Zalavaaris.5329 said:I would die happy if I got a gs for my thief. :)

Also the acrobatic greatsword does seem kind of animeish but that could be a cool play style in this game.

Yeah, but the problem with that is that Daredevil already exists. Elite specs are supposed to switch things up in terms of playstyle. Daredevil is basically an offensive oriented Acrobatics trait-line, which would completely overlap with an acrobatic focused GS trait-line.

I know it overlaps but I'd still be super happy to use my eternity on my thief :)

Id prefer Axe/Mace/OH Sword before anything else though. Since the last two weapons we've gotten have been 2 handers, I would expect a 1 hand weapon for the next elite spec.

Before you talk about Samurais, I suggest you to educate yourself first what exactly Samurais are, because if you would know what Samurais are, then you'd clearly realize, why exactly they make for Thieves absolutely NO sense at all.But I will make it easy for you and tell you the reasons, why Samurais make no sense:

1.) Samurais are WARRIORS/ GUARDIANS (if basically translated by word directly from Servant/Protector what Samurai means directly) , no Thieves, which are led by a Shōgun, which comes close as rank of a military "commander" of the Samurai.2.) Samurai is a real world term that has no meaning to the lore of Tyria, because it has to do with asian/japanese culture, Tyria is not Asia/Japan!!3.) Thieves are POOR, Samurais in the real word were of aristocratic status!!! They were simply said noble warriors/soldiers. If there ever would have come out, that among the Samurais is a poor thief that steals from others, they would throw that person instantly out, or just kill that person for putting dirt on the name of the Samurai and their codex of honor, for that is one o the highest honors to protect their land, their emperor and its folks people, not to steal from them....4.) Thieves are no Soldiers, they are Adventurers, so Samurais make for our Class Type no sense at all, they make in fact more Sense for Warriors, if ANet would eventually come to the idea to add Katanas ever as a new Weapon Type for a Samurai-like Warrior-Elite Spec5.) Samurais are praktically only MEN, in the culture of Samurai exist nearly no females, they were forbidden to become Samurai, because it its against the Codex of Honor of Samurai to have women among them. There have been exeptions yes, but they were absolutely not the rule.6.) If theres a Weapon for Thieves as "Samurai", that fits better, then in fact the Longbow, not the big bulky western Greatswords, cause Samurai were well known for their skills (Kyuudo) with the Longbow, they were very skilled and feared mounted archers in battles using their long/big Yumi Bows (Dai Kyuu) while riding on their horses into the battles, having from horseback naturayl a better position to perform killing shots either into the heads or hearts of their enemies. However, points 1-5 make this point moot, Warriors have already longbows in GW2, Guardians also too, and Anet didnt use the chance with that Weapon for Samurais, they gave us instead the crap that is called Dragon Hunter ...7.) Samurais are based on family clans.. this kind of inner political structure doesn't exist for Classes in the game at all.Do I have to continue?

I guess this alone shows more than enough, why Samurais as class make no sense and only because other games like FF14 have Samurais, doesn't mean that GW2 must have them too, especially not as part of a Class where they make absolutel no sense.If done as some kind of Warrior/Guardian- E Spec it would make at least sense, but Anet didn't make usage of that potential and I'm pretty sure, that they had their reasons for this decision to give neither the Warrior nor the Guardian a fitting Samurai-Spec yet.The only chance that is left for those 2 classes is like said, if ANet would decide to add Katanas as a new Weapon Type and make actually the only one single greatsword skin that looks like a katana actually really a katana in the game... with its own animations, own skills ect. that are different of the big bulky western greatswords and would fit better to a martial artistic Samurai Warrior...

@Orpheal.8263 said:

Before you talk about Samurais, I suggest you to educate yourself first what exactly Samurais are, because if you would know what Samurais are, then you'd clearly realize, why exactly they make for Thieves absolutely NO sense at all.But I will make it easy for you and tell you the reasons, why Samurais make no sense:

1.) Samurais are WARRIORS/ GUARDIANS (if basically translated by word directly from Servant/Protector what Samurai means directly) , no Thieves, which are led by a Shōgun, which comes close as rank of a military "commander" of the Samurai.2.) Samurai is a real world term that has no meaning to the lore of Tyria, because it has to do with asian/japanese culture, Tyria is not Asia/Japan!!3.) Thieves are POOR, Samurais in the real word were of aristocratic status!!! They were simply said noble warriors/soldiers. If there ever would have come out, that among the Samurais is a poor thief that steals from others, they would throw that person instantly out, or just kill that person for putting dirt on the name of the Samurai and their codex of honor, for that is one o the highest honors to protect their land, their emperor and its folks people, not to steal from them....4.) Thieves are no Soldiers, they are Adventurers, so Samurais make for our Class Type no sense at all, they make in fact more Sense for Warriors, if ANet would eventually come to the idea to add Katanas ever as a new Weapon Type for a Samurai-like Warrior-Elite Spec5.) Samurais are praktically only MEN, in the culture of Samurai exist nearly no females, they were forbidden to become Samurai, because it its against the Codex of Honor of Samurai to have women among them. There have been exeptions yes, but they were absolutely not the rule.6.) If theres a Weapon for Thieves as "Samurai", that fits better, then in fact the Longbow, not the big bulky western Greatswords, cause Samurai were well known for their skills (Kyuudo) with the Longbow, they were very skilled and feared mounted archers in battles using their long/big Yumi Bows (Dai Kyuu) while riding on their horses into the battles, having from horseback naturayl a better position to perform killing shots either into the heads or hearts of their enemies. However, points 1-5 make this point moot, Warriors have already longbows in GW2, Guardians also too, and Anet didnt use the chance with that Weapon for Samurais, they gave us instead the crap that is called Dragon Hunter ...7.) Samurais are based on family clans.. this kind of inner political structure doesn't exist for Classes in the game at all.Do I have to continue?

I guess this alone shows more than enough, why Samurais as class make no sense and only because other games like FF14 have Samurais, doesn't mean that GW2 must have them too, especially not as part of a Class where they make absolutel no sense.If done as some kind of Warrior/Guardian- E Spec it would make at least sense, but Anet didn't make usage of that potential and I'm pretty sure, that they had their reasons for this decision to give neither the Warrior nor the Guardian a fitting Samurai-Spec yet.The only chance that is left for those 2 classes is like said, if ANet would decide to add Katanas as a new Weapon Type and make actually the only one single greatsword skin that looks like a katana actually really a katana in the game... with its own animations, own skills ect. that are different of the big bulky western greatswords and would fit better to a martial artistic Samurai Warrior...

Thanks for really clearing that up for me Orpheal, I mean wow, how stupid of me to think that a Samurai theme would go along with the Daredevil theme. I also appreciate the history lesson but you should also probably know that when the Meiji Restoration occurred and totally wiped out the Samurai class and they became unemployed (Ronin) is when long (Bo) and short (Jo) staff use became more popular. So say what you will about warrior/guard being more fitting but ultimately Samurai became Thieves........

Fact is, Ronin are no Samurai anymore, they are just Ex-Samurai. Yes, some of they became criminals/thieves...but not allAgain, this is Tyria, not Japan.. we also don't have here any Ninjas or Shinobis. If you want to play a Samurai/Ninjas, FF14 is your best choice then, but GW2 is a game, which isn't based on asian culture... we haven't even yet at all Cantha back again...Even in GW1 didn't exist in Cantha any kind of Ninjas, Samurais and that kind of stuff. There we had Assassins only and thats just the international known term for Ninjas basically which comes from the arabian older real origin, not the asian ones.

Everything speaks from ground up agaisnt it that this game will ever get to see any kind of Samurai/Ronin Spec for theives..

It is just better to come up with something more original and new/unique as a thief concept, if you want so much to have Greatswords for Thieves.It shouldn't have by design better anything to do at all with Samurai/Ronin and be instead something more creative that is not bonded to asian real world cultures.

In principle speaks nothing against a Thief Spec, that makes usage of Greatswords, if the result ends up as something unique, which makes the Greatwords look elegant and smooth in their hands and not heavy and clunky, like in the hands of a Warrior or Guardian, which seem to move slow with them and in no way elegant and agile, which are things what I expect from a Thief to be.. there is any kind of huge heavy clunky weapons totally counterproductive, if the gameplay, animations and mechanics don't make the result look like the Thief just handles a 2h aword same as easily and swiftly as like a 1H sword in either one or both hands.. and even that we can'tdsadly do yet, when it is something which should belong to be baseline to Thieves to be able to dual wield swords, which is for me personally something that I would always priorize much higher, than to see thieves wield such unfitting huge clunky weapons like those by Anet made huge af greatswords, unless Anet really would give us Katanas as new weapon type, then thats somethign different, cause those are not unlike ANets typical clunky greatswords too big, they look smaller and more elegant to perform swift and smooth strikes with them which you would expect from a Thief (Samurai).But that this will happen is even much more unlikely, than the chance that this game will ever receive Samurais, cause Katanas would mean even more effort to Anet, just to give this game some historically correct Samurais which have skills and animations which look also good and fitting.It would end up so terribly bad looking, to see in this game a Thief ending up as Samurai, holding a katana skinned greatsword with the terrible holding animations of the greatsword and using with it then super slow and clunky looking skills of warrior gs niveau xDThat would become the greatest terrible immersion breaker ever. Then better something that is new and has no bonds to any real word cultures...

Thief are to weak and hax to use slow heavy weaponry like GS.Why could a thief hold a GS while a greatsword Ranger attacks too slow already.You prolly need more healing...thiefs.

How about a new amulet to go with your 'pimp'-spec.

If I would visualize Arenanet thinking like Xzibit they would say:

Today on pimp my thief

[Rogue'Amulet]+1050 Power

• 1050 toughness+560 Precision
  • 560 Healing

"We know you like to use your Greatsword with stealth so we made your new favorite mastery heal you even more with [stealth] with our newest expansionpack:"Guild Wars 2 - The Wrath of Melandru"...And added a new mount bein da [Orka] when you need to cross that water between Tyria and cantha by foot."

"...OH ps. Waypoints cost a fortune when Melandru's revenge causes Tyria to suffer an economic crisis,But we know you like romance so we made your favorite mobile mount able to use more than ONE PLAYER-(echoes into something like hunters-ale)."

Don't smoke, but VAPE da enemy away with the new asuran "Holographic Smoker" ...looking great with your greatsword on THIEF.

"And ofcourse. Always play GW2 on your HD screen or VIRTUAL REALITY HEADSET with the new "ultra" setting on textures.""... Betta watch out for da Thief stealin your heart when updates get REAL pimp when great power and bloodlust be your new spec:

[PactLeader]""You are able to use a Greatsword and +7% damage and we added 250 ferocity, So you can Grind your game, whenever you feel like a TANK.Traits."

omg.. I could go on for hours because I just love the challenging of people so much! T_T

(hopefuly you all appreciated this post of dedication being 20 minutes of typing >.>)

I like the GS idea but I vote for focus. Doesn't thief need focus? maybe more focus boons like precision being a trait with a FOCUS!

I don't understand why people would want GS thief. It doesn't fit thematically at all. Just because one GS skin looks like a katana doesn't mean all greatswords would fit.

The "Samurai" aesthetic is better fit for warrior who already has greatsword. The "Ninja" aesthetic is given through daredevil.

Offhand sword, torch, or even longbow would fit better. None of this anime giant sword-wielding rogue nonsense.

@"alchemyst.2165" said:I don't understand why people would want GS thief. It doesn't fit thematically at all. Just because one GS skin looks like a katana doesn't mean all greatswords would fit.

The "Samurai" aesthetic is better fit for warrior who already has greatsword. The "Ninja" aesthetic is given through daredevil.

Offhand sword, torch, or even longbow would fit better. None of this anime giant sword-wielding rogue nonsense.

They want to be an anime character.