No more dodge-jump. So how SAB ?

Quab.4106

This is simple: I've browsed over 4 guides of how to get all baubles, all secrets, ,etc., all of them, at some point require you to perform a "dodge-jump" but, dodge-jumps can no longer be done. So now what ?

I'm apparently missing something, and I'm in the last 10 minutes of a guide of 50 minutes, so imagine how desperate I am.

So Arena.net, how do you get those lost baubles with impossible jumps ?

@"wer.9345" said:This is simple: I've browsed over 4 guides of how to get all baubles, all secrets, ,etc., all of them, at some point require you to perform a "dodge-jump" but, dodge-jumps can no longer be done. So now what ?

I'm apparently missing something, and I'm in the last 10 minutes of a guide of 50 minutes, so imagine how desperate I am.

Nothing in SAB requires dodge jump.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@"wer.9345" said:This is simple: I've browsed over 4 guides of how to get all baubles, all secrets, ,etc., all of them, at some point require you to perform a "dodge-jump" but, dodge-jumps can no longer be done. So now what ?

Not entirely true. Backtracking for certain achievements will require it as the travel distance of a normal jump isnt far enough.

@TexZero.7910 said:

Not entirely true. Backtracking for certain achievements will require it as the travel distance of a normal jump isnt far enough.

Backtracking to the point that you need dodge jump is not necessary for anything in SAB. I completed every achievement without using dodge jump.

Dodge jumping is still in the game, and Anet's stance on it was that they found it very creative that players discovered how to do it, but it is not required for any content in the game ( although it can make some jumps easier). Dulfy has video guides up of how to get all the achievements in SAB and there is no dodge jumping involved.

@Cyanchiv.2583 said:Dodge jumping is still in the game, and Anet's stance on it was that they found it very creative that players discovered how to do itI'm pretty sure they created it as an intended mechanic, since some character animations are different from ordinary jumps.

Regardless, the point is:

• Dodge jumping hasn't been removed from the game.
  • The most skilled players can get through SAB (and its achievements), even in Trib mode, without dodge jumping.
  • Regardless of that, dodge jumping continues to be very helpful for a lot of people in SAB, to reduce some of the variability.

I've never been able to dodge-jump and I've completed all the normal mode achievements in SAB. Not beaten tribulation mode yet but that's mostly because I want to figure it out myself and have limited time to do so, I've never found a place where I needed to dodge-jump to complete it.

I imagine it probably is easier with dodge jumping, but I found I was wasting a lot of time (and getting myself killed) trying to learn it and was never able to do it reliably, so for me it was actually easier to figure out how to complete things without needing it.

Well I am unable to perform dodge-jumps so I do a long jump. It works exactly the same like in old Jump&Run games of the old consoles. All you have to do is overstepping the platform by a few millimeters and press jump the instant you would fall off. This results in an extended version of the normal jump. It requires a little more training and timing than the dodge-jump. I've tried it on countless "dodge-jump ONLY" spots in Tyria & SAB, works ^^.

Where are those jumps that only can be done with dodge-jump? I don't know if those dodge jump are still possible or not. But I don't think that thye were something compulsory to complete SAB achivements.

Is it possible that you were tryining any shortcut instead of the actual path?

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

Backtracking to the point that you need dodge jump is not necessary for anything in SAB. I completed every achievement without using dodge jump.

I did the last SAB achievement I needed last night (W3Z3 all baubles) - The Dulfy video guide has 2 'required' dodge jumps, the first (early on) I managed to find a work around for but despite looking for alternative routes, there was no way I could reach one of the final baubles (No 59 in the guide - right of the final checkpoint up by the Banana's) without doing one dodge jump. Just out of curiosity (because I was looking for a while) I would like to know how you reached this one?

http://dulfy.net/2013/09/17/gw2-master-of-baubles-world-2-achievement-guide/

Archived