Can be closed

If it's a new account (new id and password) then you will have to start from scratch and you wont have access to the content of your other account.If you bought prophecy and want to add it to your current account, login to your account in the game client, click the edit account button in the lower left, click to manage access keys and click the add key button.

Heroes are character unlocks, apart from Mercenary Heroes (the cash-purchase that lets you copy characters on your account as Heroes).

The regular ones need to be unlocked separately for each new character, but there is a pool of quick unlocks:For non-nightfall characters, just coming to Elona unlocks Koss, Tahlkora, Dunkoro and Melonni; MOX is outside any travel city when you're lvl 10 if you have all campaigns; and entering Boreal Station (starting EotN) unlocks Vekk and Ogden, with Gwen just a short run farther north.The choice between Acolyte Sousuke and Acolyte Jin is a super short quest available in the Sun Docks, just as you get to Elona.

TL:DR - Regular Heroes are not instantly unlocked for a Prophecies character, but a solid stable is very quick to pick up from traveling to Elona and EotN.

if you only have nightfall you need to go trough quite an ordeal for enough heroes, if you have all chapters you can get pretty much all the heroes in a small amount of time.also, you are also able to make an existing max level character in a hero, this is available (i think) from the get go depending what chapter.

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:I can see you got your answer already. About active GW1 forums, try here: https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars/

Reddit is an awful platform. I will never get the logic behind it, it is so ill structured.

@OP: You can also use your own characters as Hero NPCs, but I forgot how that was unlocked, because it has been ages since the last time I played GW1.

@Ashantara.8731 said:@OP: You can also use your own characters as Hero NPCs, but I forgot how that was unlocked, because it has been ages since the last time I played GW1.

You have to buy Mercenary Hero Slots. $10 for a single slot, $20 for 3, or $45 for all 8. You buy the slot(s), talk to an NPC, and then they let you know which character(s) would qualify as Mercenary Heroes.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:I can see you got your answer already. About active GW1 forums, try here:

Reddit is an awful platform. I will never get the logic behind it, it is so ill structured.

it's just another forum and in terms of GW1 you don't really have an alternative as Anet doesn't provide forum section for that game

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Ashantara.8731" said:Reddit is an awful platform. I will never get the logic behind it, it is so ill structured.it's just another forum

I don't know, to me it looks like it has no structure at all. Threads get constantly deleted by the admins, there are no orderly subsections, the order of threads is not chronological but by upvotes (I think), there are way too many graphics (icons etc.) that make it even less readable and user-friendly. Not my cup of tea.

During my GW1 times, I stuck to the German Wartower forum (which had a huge userbase at the time). I just checked, and apparently the old GW1 forum no longer exists. It's a GW2 forum now, including a new design. (Correction: the forum still has GW1 sections. :) )

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@Ashantara.8731 said:Reddit is an awful platform. I will never get the logic behind it, it is so ill structured.it's just another forum

I don't know, to me it looks like it has no structure at all. Threads get constantly deleted by the admins, there are no orderly subsections, the order of threads is not chronological but by upvotes (I think), there are way too many graphics (icons etc.) that make it even less readable and user-friendly. Not my cup of tea.

During my GW1 times, I stuck to the German
Wartower
forum (which had a huge userbase at the time). I just checked, and apparently the old GW1 forum no longer exists. It's a GW2 forum now, including a new design. (Correction:
still has GW1 sections. :) )

awesome, how does this help non-german players? (aka majority)

Just remember GW2 is a dirty word to a lot of people who play GW they may convince you to think like they do. GW is a good game do not get me wrong, but gw2 plays differently than that does and they do not believe it should just better graphics the same exact play style is what they wanted for GW2, not progress after 250 years.

Hero unlocks are character bound, so you need to unlock the heroes again. For prophecies characters this means doing everything up til lions arch with henchman. So 8 missions, and a lot of slow leveling. The workaround is getting someone to run for you, but my experience is that this is hard to find.There is some good news. The skills unlocked on other characters are shared with another characters hero (but not the player, unless you use a tome). You can also use the reverse route, take a nightfall character to lions arch and walk/run back to ascalon city. This unlocks most of the maps and missions in the campaign to experience.

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:awesome, how does this help non-german players? (aka majority)

LOL. It doesn't, I was merely giving you a piece of info to explain why I have never visited the Reddit forum and that, for non-English speakers, there are indeed alternatives to Reddit (and plenty, by the way).

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@Ashantara.8731 said:Reddit is an awful platform. I will never get the logic behind it, it is so ill structured.it's just another forum

During my GW1 times, I stuck to the German
Wartower
forum (which had a huge userbase at the time). I just checked, and apparently the old GW1 forum no longer exists. It's a GW2 forum now, including a new design. (Correction:
still has GW1 sections. :) )

Different sub-reddits are more structured than others, and that entirely depends on moderation. Posts are defaulted to sort by up-votes of course, but you can sort topics themselves chronologically if you choose "new" instead of "hot", and in your preferences you can choose how content is displayed, allowing you to sort comments by "Best", "Old", "Top", "q&a", "Controversial", and "New." You can also turn off those icons (flair). Basically reddit is used by a lot of people because it is highly customizable, but you do have to go looking for those options, it doesn't hand them to you.

Edit: It's also worth noting that some information can only be found on reddit. Devs do post-release q&a (AMA: Ask Me Anything) sessions there, sometimes a question will get answered by a dev there before it is answered on the official forums, and if you're interested in that sort of thing our resident data-mining wizard posts his findings there too.

Archived