Rev PVE sword buffs?

Joxer.6024

Ok, more Rev noobness showing through but isn't that 10% on sword 2-3 a pretty good thing? I would think so yet haven't seen any hype which is why I am asking. Does this lend itself to what some have posted with us using a more power based build while utilizing the new elite? Just wondering is all and its also an odd little buff that feels thrown in just to appease the masses?Overall I am finding Renegade fun but that has more to do with it being new and new toys always fun til they either break, friend steals it or you get bored....lol! Cheers all and enjoy POF if you can. ;)

@Joxer.6024 said:

@Burtnik.5218 said:These skills are trash and will remain so as long they have split damage between targets.

Ah, so they were trying to just throw us a bone and keep the masses happy.

Pretty much, power rev needs about a 15-20% dps increase overall to be competitive with other dps classes so a 10% buff on two skills (1 of which isn't even used in a rotation) is not even close to enough to make it competitive for raids.

They are okay. I think this adds like 4-5% total damage. If they buff shiro legend damage in PvE a bit, by moving the 10% bonus damage from impossible odds to all skills power rev will be great in PvE.

Though power rev is probably never going to do 35k plus dps. If it gets to 33-34k range that would be great.

You know what the saddest part is? Power Renegade is utterly terrible. Just ran a few DPS tests, and with unrealistic buffs and no food it peaks at 22k DPS. This is significantly less than the regular Herald's 25k DPS, but also is still much less than the condi renegade's 37k DPS.

The sword buffs did basically nothing. It is almost an insult to think that the balance team looked at power herald, said "10% on this single skill is all they need", and left it at that. Hell, to even be mediocre you would have to give power revs an overall 20% damage increase over where they are now.

Archived