[Montage][Roleplay] The Last Deadeye - Vallun

Vallun.2071

• 2 weeks later...

That fight against scourge shows exactly why thief is not as good as all the whining you hear on these forums. I hope people watch this video if for no other reason than to see the fight against him.

Yes, you did 1v1 the scourge and win in the end (and evaded his buddies help as well) and the build did all kinds of stuff that makes thief hard to fight, and that's all well and good. But you engaged him at 4:40 and did not get the node from him until 6:10+. I'm not sure the kill points justify spending that much time killing scourge on his off node when he can just come back and sit on the node for another 90-seconds-long-battle after you hold the node for probably 10 seconds tops (because you will be forced off the node again when he returns).

This is typically how most thief builds pair up against most other meta builds including zerker rifle and condi thief (dp thief is kind of a different playstyle)... yes, thief can somehow find a way to evade and survive until he finally wears the opponent down in most matchups, but the points you finally get for the kill and the few seconds of decap + holding it for about 10 seconds before he comes back doesn't justify the 90 second battle during which the other team was collecting points the entire time.

And I'm pretty sure most people would agree that it isn't because of lack of ability on your part. I really wish people would watch this video and understand how thief works and why winning 1v1's doesn't necessarily make a build OP in sPVP, even in those "good matchups" like rifle vs scourge.

Archived