Are they that unwanted?

TickTickBoom.3271

I recently got back into GW2. Say about a month after a bit more than a year away. The only profession i never did was the Rev. Started playing it a bit and kind of like the way it plays and want to use it more. But everywhere i read and hear is don't play Rev, they not really good or bad. Just play chrono or druid. Is it just people thinking only meta matters or what?

Depends on what you want to play. For open world herald is awesome, self sustaining spec. Condi renegade is also good, but more squishy. In group content both power and condi renegade are good dps options and it all depends on people you play with. Rev is below top dps choices but is definitely viable pick, especially that it's not hard to execute its rotation. There is also support/healing rev build for raids but I never played it and have no opinion about it.

@TickTickBoom.3271 said:But everywhere i read and hear is don't play Rev, they not really good or bad. Just play chrono or druid. Is it just people thinking only meta matters or what?

Go Mes or Guard. Those classes are always meta and had a plentyful amount of weapons, skills and traits to arrange to create a loadout which fulfills your game style, and no matter which ones are nerfed you always can change things to suit your build to be capable.

Rev, on the other hand, is rigid and inelastic, can't change skills at will, has barely weapons and any nerf in traits, legends or skills heavily screws the wole builds available, plus the maount of bugs and unfinished crap the class STILL carries from the HoT release is unbeliable. Yes, they told you right.

The short story is: rev is fine, as long as you (a) understand how to play it, (b) the mechanics of whatever you're doing, and © how your build affects the team (i.e. what does it bring to help, besides the fact that you like to play it?)

There are definitely profs/builds that are more commonly accepted for a variety of reasons. You can choose instead to run them. But, many of us would rather someone play at full potential with whatever they are running, than to poorly execute the so-called meta.

There are a lot of bad builds out there, sure. But there are also a lot more successful builds than the vocal minority admits. It's worth taking the time to understand what the meta is and why, so you are making an informed decision when deviating from it. And so you can understand why some people might object to your preference.

I have two revs and they are probably the class I have the most play time on.Really the only "problems" I have with Rev are in competitive play. I use a condi/trailblazer spec in WVW and it's a beast and a Power Herald in sPvP a bit and it performs well. The issue is that performing well on these toons requires me to play the hell out of it and really know the class well. It takes a lot more skill/class knowledge than my Scourge, Spellbreaker, Mirage ect just to be competitive.Rev is viable, just not optimal or easy.If you are talking open world/personal story/map completing/meta events there are tons of great fun things you can do. It's a very versatile class. But it does lack some of the easy builds that other classes have.Bad? nope. Just not a star at anything really.

@"mindcircus.1506" said:I have two revs and they are probably the class I have the most play time on.Really the only "problems" I have with Rev are in competitive play. I use a condi/trailblazer spec in WVW and it's a beast and a Power Herald in sPvP a bit and it performs well. The issue is that performing well on these toons requires me to play the hell out of it and really know the class well. It takes a lot more skill/class knowledge than my Scourge, Spellbreaker, Mirage ect just to be competitive.Rev is viable, just not optimal or easy.If you are talking open world/personal story/map completing/meta events there are tons of great fun things you can do. It's a very versatile class. But it does lack some of the easy builds that other classes have.Bad? nope. Just not a star at anything really.

Rev is indeed viable but not really good. Even with all the talk how the class has a higher skill cap I see Rev generally as a high risk/low reward type of class, that at the end of the day is out performed by other classes in the sense that it doesn't do anything better that someone else doesn't already do. They are viable but don't excel in anything over the others.

@"TickTickBoom.3271" said:I recently got back into GW2. Say about a month after a bit more than a year away. The only profession i never did was the Rev. Started playing it a bit and kind of like the way it plays and want to use it more. But everywhere i read and hear is don't play Rev, they not really good or bad. Just play chrono or druid. Is it just people thinking only meta matters or what?

Saying "Just play chrono or druid" is confusing advice... Unless all you're trying to do is find PUG groups fast for like raids or t4's, then I guess that's sound advice because they're always lf chrono's or druids--but still.

As people already said, "Rev is fine..." But in all honesty, you WILL have trouble finding pug groups as Rev support (I'm assuming you play support since people told you to go chrono/druid instead and if you were a dps main they'd of probably told you to go weaver.)

If you ARE talking dps tho, things are a little better off for you... Condi renegade is fine for almost every raid encounter (save for KC and River((but support rev is really good for river at least))). You might have some trouble finding groups for fractals though, as the meta there is more towards power deeps in t4/cm's, but I mean, if you just casual pug t4'ing, nobody really cares what yer playing as long as you don't die every three seconds.

If you're talking about any sort of PvE outside of raids/fractals, it honestly shouldn't matter what yer playing as long as you're enjoying yourself since the stakes are so low and everything is generally very easy contentwise.

pvp perspective rev is like a thief but can do a team fight while thief has to be more careful.down side he cannot travel fast like a thief.

you wont be able to kill most classes like chrono mesmer, condi mesmer, warrior but can handle others more or less

its doable and playable. just need more practice

wvw = hammer power or condi renegade also viable and have good dmgraids = support renegade if the team has chrono or ranger to buff 100% alacrity easy

@Buran.3796 said:

Rev, on the other hand, is rigid and inelastic, can't change skills at will, has barely weapons and any nerf in traits, legends or skills heavily screws the wole builds available, plus the maount of bugs and unfinished crap the class STILL carries from the HoT release is unbeliable. Yes, they told you right.

this , Rev is fun if u enjoy the issues that it has but yeah feels unfinished

Archived