How to farm win fast [ or else, how to let ANET work toward ranked balance ;) ]

Shirlias.8104

Heya

1. Queue as thief/rev and then swap Scourge/FB/Mesmer ( depends which one you master better or depends, and the other members of the team ).
  2. If you do solo Q it's better not to take the same class before start the queue ( i happened to see 2x on my team with 2 different classes, but maybe it was just random ).

Tips

• I suggest you to learn all 3 classes ( metabattle provvides nice tips from each guide ) before starting doing games. It's better to know their mechanics and invest XX minutes to read and try each guide instead of random playing 3/4 games.
  • Remember that a firebrand can make the difference, so even if 3/4 scourges could be faceroll, consider to chose FB if there aren't.
  • Blood Scourge provvides also a nice support through Shroud Skill 4 and well on rezz.
  • Stick with at least 1 other character, in order to share healings/barriers.
  • As mesmer remember that you will be probably the roamer. Make a good use of portal and movement skills.

Also, if you duoq, remember not to hit platinum 2, or you won't be able to play together.

In Season 9, players ranked Platinum 2 (1,600) and above can no longer duo-queue in Ranked matches while seasons are active.

This will provvide you better rewards.As for me, this will, probably, help ANET to wake up and remove both swap and dualQ from ranked ( I think the more the community abuse of something, the sooner we will see a fix. )

Enjoy.

In before "anet removes class swap but not 1x class".

Is FB a good spec to carry games? As a support build I think its performance depends heavely on your own teams, if they are good, than will become great, but if they bad you probably wont make to much diference...and why wouldnt you want to play as a Thief? Last season I played(Season 9) core thief S/D was pretty solid, does the nerfs were enough to make it unviable?

@Felipe.1807 said:Is FB a good spec to carry games? As a support build I think its performance depends heavely on your own teams, if they are good, than will become great, but if they bad you probably wont make to much diference...and why wouldnt you want to play as a Thief? Last season I played(Season 9) core thief S/D was pretty solid, does the nerfs were enough to make it unviable?

It's definitely worse than before, mostly due to the fact magi neck has gone.But with blood scourge close to him he could manage to survive and support the team.

As always depends the team and your skill, but you definitely have a point.

@Felipe.1807 said:Is FB a good spec to carry games? As a support build I think its performance depends heavely on your own teams, if they are good, than will become great, but if they bad you probably wont make to much diference...and why wouldnt you want to play as a Thief? Last season I played(Season 9) core thief S/D was pretty solid, does the nerfs were enough to make it unviable?

it helps the team win fights tremendously, so yes I believe it can heavily influence a match and maybe even carry

Archived