Where can I watch 'Professional Play'?

Dainank.1308

@Dainank.1308 said:

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:The UGO and mATs are the last part of "competetive" play in this game. The UGO gets casted by Jebro, the mAT's gets casted by a variaty of streamers.

Are mAT's this ==>

That link popped up when I searched it so I am not sure :anguished:

There are 4 daily AT's and one montly AT (mAT).

@Dainank.1308 said:

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:The UGO and mATs are the last part of "competetive" play in this game. The UGO gets casted by Jebro, the mAT's gets casted by a variaty of streamers.

Are mAT's this ==>

That link popped up when I searched it so I am not sure :anguished:

Automated Tournaments. You can't watch them unless you are ArenaNet partner.

Jawgeous is making EU Automated Tournament comentaries, most matches are in 1700 - 1800 ranks so it's currently the highest level of play you can see. You can get a clear idea of what the current meta is and what the most common mistakes are, those commentaries can easily be considered general guides to PvP.'Cause sadly the PvP forums are completely useless nowadays, all people do here is whine about how op Mesmer is and never look past their noses.

Everybody with any talent for gaming left gw2 shortly after its release because the game lacked so much infrastrucutre and was short on skill. The talented people went to LOL, dota, overwatch, etc.

So there is nothing even close to pro play on gw2, never has been. Check any vods of players playing and even the "best" players make an insane number of errors. Like really basic errors like just wasting dodges between combat.

@"Lordrosicky.5813" said:Everybody with any talent for gaming left gw2 shortly after its release because the game lacked so much infrastrucutre and was short on skill. The talented people went to LOL, dota, overwatch, etc.

So there is nothing even close to pro play on gw2, never has been. Check any vods of players playing and even the "best" players make an insane number of errors. Like really basic errors like just wasting dodges between combat.

I figured something like that would be the case. It is a real shame though since the combat in gw2 is pretty intense in my opinion.

GW2 pro play is sort of pathetic given what GW2 is as a game fundamentally. It only got into ESL (for an anemic stint before dying) because anet paid its own way in; it's not as if crowds of investors or advertisers were waiting to fund and cash in on the non-existent GW2 ESPORTS wave.

@Swagg.9236 said:GW2 pro play is sort of pathetic given what GW2 is as a game fundamentally. It only got into ESL (for an anemic stint before dying) because anet paid its own way in; it's not as if crowds of investors or advertisers were waiting to fund and cash in on the non-existent GW2 ESPORTS wave.

That is what it felt like when I watched the VODS. There wasn't really any form of excitement and enthusiasm present :(

@Dainank.1308 said:

@"Lordrosicky.5813" said:Everybody with any talent for gaming left gw2 shortly after its release because the game lacked so much infrastrucutre and was short on skill. The talented people went to LOL, dota, overwatch, etc.

I figured something like that would be the case. It is a real shame though since the combat in gw2 is pretty intense in my opinion.

It's Anet's fault entirely. Instead of developing PvP properly and waiting for competitive scene to grow, they forced whole esport meme, paying pro players to participate, trying to create an atmosphere for high end tournaments. The dream was quickly destroyed as there was no community to support the events and PvP in general had no infrastructure for serious esports.

Archived