best for wvw thief hard choice to make

Belishine.7493

i am haveing a hard time deciding what wepon set to use for wvw. i am playing a asura and the 2 wepon sets are sword dagger or dagger pistal. i cant tell what to use becouse they both seem to useful in wvw and in most of the fights i am geting into. do any of you have any sugestions on what set is best and why they are the best? if any of you can help me out it will be a big help to me and thanks.

Unless you can backstab, or land all three of the attack chain for dagger, you're not getting value out of it. I'd recommend taking sword, and acrobatics. Acrobatics gives you the ability to temporarily reduce the damage of that stupid nerf every 5secs. Gives you a much needed evadsion recharge speed up that's pretty much permanent. Speed boost after every dodge. And some sustains. Sword's 3 when paired with dagger has both unblockable with boon stripping and extra damage against targets without boons - plus 1/2 evasion. Sword 3 with Pistol gives you a stun, a cheap burst of damage, and 1/2 sec evasion. The third hit from sword auto applies weakness (50% fumble). And it also provides a decent engage and disengage function, where the disengage cleans one condition from you. You also get an immediate steal recharge for evading an attack successfully every 30 seconds.

Taking Dagger with sword gives you a ranged cripple that hits hard and up to three targets, and can bounce back on the same target. Good for chasing or just out right making yourself harder to catch. It also provides quick access to stealth.

Taking Pistol with sword gives you black powder blind, not the easiest to abuse without dagger main. It also gives you a ranged interrupt.

The stealth attack for Sword applies daze for 2secs and blind for 5secs. So... you no longer have to worry about hitting someone from behind. You just cloak and slap them in the face immediately.

Anet clearly is trying to remove power builds, and turn fighting towards sustained practices. But thief reeeaally doesn't do well in that environment. this has been working well for me. But I'm not sure if I even want to go back into PvP this season, because these changes are just pure bullshit.

Thief gets nerfs because many players are unable to make a build with some toughness and complain about "oneshot".They are kill-hungry too and when thief escapes with stealth it frustrates them.And they are most vocal and complain a lot thus bullying Anet to make those nurfs.

@"paShadoWn.5723" said:Thief gets nerfs because many players are unable to make a build with some toughness and complain about "oneshot".They are kill-hungry too and when thief escapes with stealth it frustrates them.And they are most vocal and complain a lot thus bullying Anet to make those nurfs.

De sustain def needs luv. Deadeye is fun though, but wow does it get hammered when hit, and it absolutely can never kill an experienced firebrand player (qq for real!). I will keep playing it no matter what. I think it could be great if I can learn it as well as my other mains. But its not really a good solo roamer because it is slow, and its hard to play in zergs because of its sustain. But wow, when I get in some lucky fights, its so fun. Like a team ninja just waiting for an outta place hero to smash. Play it before they give dare devil back its teeth, after a week or so you will begin to not regret it.

Archived