Mighty Teapot Raid Turnament

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those who didn't catch it last night, the finals are tonight, its a great watch, some serious skill being shown.

It was kind of sad to hear that Anet didn't want in on this action, MTP had over 4k viewers alone last night, ( not to mention the viewers watching the dedicated streams who where raiding in the tournament ) normally GW2 Twitch is lucky to have a few hundred watching so yea.

MTP should be given major props for organising this, it went so smooth last night, and that cannot be easy to get 8 guilds ready to go without any hassles, there was a lot of planning and dedication put into this event.

Good luck to the guild raiding in the finals tonight.

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"zealex.9410" said:Ayy a big community event that anet didnt promote or support. sigh

Can we blame them though? Last time they posted SC benchmark thread on their FB page, the "community" went nuts about how anet promotes elitism for open world.

The builds they posted werent intented for open world so these ppl were wrong. And yes these events draw alot of attention on twitch, more than any open world stream does and requires alot more work to put together.

Also ppl should stop feeling like everything caters to them. Anet uploaded constantly cheesy tweets with player quotes and irrelevant friendship videos with open world guilds, you dont see me rage about those.

@zealex.9410 said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@zealex.9410 said:Ayy a big community event that anet didnt promote or support. sigh

Can we blame them though? Last time they posted SC benchmark thread on their FB page, the "community" went nuts about how anet promotes elitism for open world.

The builds they posted werent intented for open world so these ppl were wrong. And yes these events draw alot of attention on twitch, more than any open world stream does and requires alot more work to put together.

Also ppl should stop feeling like everything caters to them. Anet uploaded constantly cheesy tweets with player quotes and irrelevant friendship videos with open world guilds, you dont see me rage about those.

Are you aware I agree with you? I used benchmark example to show you possible unwanted result of promoting this event with the "community".

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@zealex.9410 said:Ayy a big community event that anet didnt promote or support. sigh

Are you aware I agree with you? I used benchmark example to show you possible unwanted result of promoting this event with the "community".

Im aware, i was just giving my opinion on the matter. Still its unprofessional on anets part to not support such a big player driven event because its not the cup of tea of some.

Will be nice to see some comments or feedback on bosses and pros/cons of how each team tackle them. eS and qT my favorite groups. SC dps are very strong. Although some hiccups but these are some solid players :)Seems like many ppl like wing2 :) it's also one of my favorite wings because of matthais. Wing 5 is one very nicely made wing but isn't one of my favorite I don't know why..

@Ayra Lightbringer.2874 said:No, Teapot is sponsoring the price pool from his own gold. He said yesterday on the stream that he did not receive anything from Arenanet for this event, apart from the standard partnership program gems.

That's lame but explains why GW2 doesn't exist in gaming media at all after original release. This single, player made tournament, would do more for the game than Anet marketing memes with friendships and esports.

Come on guys.. it's no big deal if anet did or not supporting mtp on this tourney. It's fan made. We should celebrate and enjoy it instead. I personally isn't a big fan of mtp but do appreciate this tourney that he is hosting. Weldone and hope it will be not the last tourney. If anet support this in the future then that's great.. if not .. no big deal... I think the community will :)

Pretty good first day for the raid tournament, didn't expect qT to loose their first round but today there is gonna be the qT vs eS... again xD

The mistake from NXS with the challenge mode was quite funny and after Teapot listed the wrong class ( base warrior banned instead of berserker ) the whole chat went ballistic when SC used Base Warrior on Deimos.

And SC vs Meth and Faxes... didn't expect them to go that far, they were quite fast on Stronghold.

qT got bad luck when they got w5, I mean the guild slow down a lot and didn't play much gw2 like before, so I'm not surprised they got problems in w5.I'm sure they trained a lot tho to prepare for the tourney but I'm not surprised they didn't go very far.

SC vs US was good and we can see in Dhuum that SC dps is just superior.Looking forward to see MnF vs SC.

@Walhalla.5473 said:Pretty good first day for the raid tournament, didn't expect qT to loose their first round but today there is gonna be the qT vs eS... again xD

The mistake from NXS with the challenge mode was quite funny and after Teapot listed the wrong class ( base warrior banned instead of berserker ) the whole chat went ballistic when SC used Base Warrior on Deimos.

And SC vs Meth and Faxes... didn't expect them to go that far, they were quite fast on Stronghold.

mnf is very strong team from NA but i wish SC to win this tourney. qT they are quite casual these days, strong players remain as strong players even if they don't win the tourney. xD i am not so keen with group composition that has full weavers or full scourge to achieve optimum performance. but a tactic is a tactic. :P i am quite impressed with the 3 men river hehehe.. altho eS had accident, it was still pretty awesome to watch the match.. i nearly had heart attack watching him getting lighting strike then went down.... i assumed it is hard to break stun for rev.

@Ze Dos Cavalos.6132 said:qT got bad luck when they got w5, I mean the guild slow down a lot and didn't play much gw2 like before, so I'm not surprised they got problems in w5.I'm sure they trained a lot tho to prepare for the tourney but I'm not surprised they didn't go very far.

SC vs US was good and we can see in Dhuum that SC dps is just superior.Looking forward to see MnF vs SC.

US sell raid everyday.. if they cant manage the match i have nothing better to say about them :P SC vs US you can see already how strong SC dps is compared to US

@Talindra.4958 said:

@Ze Dos Cavalos.6132 said:qT got bad luck when they got w5, I mean the guild slow down a lot and didn't play much gw2 like before, so I'm not surprised they got problems in w5.I'm sure they trained a lot tho to prepare for the tourney but I'm not surprised they didn't go very far.

US sell raid everyday.. if they cant manage the match i have nothing better to say about them :P SC vs US you can see already how strong SC dps is compared to US

Well SC did beat DnT dhuum world record by accident in one of their daily kill so yeah

Archived