Signet of Rage

TheBravery.9615

Can this elite skill get reworked/replaced with a stance/shout?The adrenaline gain is near useless and the boons on activation are pretty lousy.

For great justice grants 12 stacks of might and has shorter cooldown.

Throw ideas at anet.

Passive: Increase ferocityActive: Activates burst ability, refill adrenaline and refreshes cooldown on burst ability

At least the new 7% damage on Swiftness component on Warrior's Sprint made the active a bit less sucky.

Overall though, I agree. All Warrior elites are kinda underwhelming. I don't feel like it is a really impactful choice that has a great benefit to me, but rather a slot I just have to fill with a choice of "bleh" options. Hell, sometimes I just slot one of the Norn shapeshifting racial elites in there for fun.

I'd actually just want to put a regular ability there if I could. Like Signet of Stamina for the Endurance gain. How amazing wouldn't that be?

the adrenaline from signet of rage is pretty underrated. A large portion of warrior's sustain (and obviously damage) comes from burst abilities. Having enough adrenaline to burst as frequently as possible is huge. The active also gives 3 good offensive boons that can act as cover boons for resistance.

@ButterPeanut.9746 said:the adrenaline from signet of rage is pretty underrated. A large portion of warrior's sustain (and obviously damage) comes from burst abilities. Having enough adrenaline to burst as frequently as possible is huge. The active also gives 3 good offensive boons that can act as cover boons for resistance.

Maybe true but its more of a utikity skill than an elite.I would rather want to see:Passive: Gain Adrenaline on entering combat.Active: Recharge Burst Skill and gain boons.

Adrenaline Gain: 10Boons: Might 10, stab 5, Fury and quickness.

Would make it decent to use ans versatile in many builds too.Nice burst potential too.

@ButterPeanut.9746 said:the adrenaline from signet of rage is pretty underrated. A large portion of warrior's sustain (and obviously damage) comes from burst abilities. Having enough adrenaline to burst as frequently as possible is huge. The active also gives 3 good offensive boons that can act as cover boons for resistance.

There are so many other ways to gain Adrenaline with the current meta builds that it isn’t really necessary. Axe Mastery in particular.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

Maybe true but its more of a utikity skill than an elite.I would rather want to see:Passive: Gain Adrenaline on entering combat.Active: Recharge Burst Skill and gain boons.

Adrenaline Gain: 10Boons: Might 10, stab 5, Fury and quickness.

Would make it decent to use ans versatile in many builds too.Nice burst potential too.

I actually like your version better, imagine using lyssa rune, that convert 5 conditions to boon and your burst skill recharged, it will make up a very strong elite for warrior.

Currently i am using traited rampage with lyssa rune in pvp, works wonderful.

@Oglaf.1074 said:

There are so many other ways to gain Adrenaline with the current meta builds that it isn’t really necessary.
Axe Mastery
in particular.

Depends what kind of content you are talking about. Dagger still meta in pvp.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

Maybe true but its more of a utikity skill than an elite.

The fact that it's in the elite category actually makes it more viable, since it means that it does not have to compete with Stances.

@Crinn.7864 said:

Maybe true but its more of a utikity skill than an elite.

The fact that it's in the elite category actually makes it more viable, since it means that it does not have to compete with Stances.

Yeah but my point is not that it should be a utility but rather a good elute and its weak fir an elite, really weak.

The adrenalin gain isn't terrible but then should we be content with just that? There are quite a few cases when you play warrior, an issue not unique to warriors of course, where you'd love to be able to place any utility skill into your elite slot. That fact alone says a lot about the quality of some elites.They need to update the offensive side. A few might stacks, switness and fury are no longer the big deal they used to be, and haven't been for quite a long time. Neither is the passive adrenalin gain for that matter. I'd like some synergy with burst skills such as increased damage or reduced cooldowns.

@Oglaf.1074 said:This all being said, Headbutt is bloody amazing.Thematically awesome, great functionality and on a really short cooldown for an Elite skill..!Boy, I wish it was Core.Its funny that you mentioned that tbh. Cause this has been suggested before. But Anet kinda ignored it. Given how much alike Physical and Rage skills are. These two could have been swapped indeed.

@TheBravery.9615 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:It's fine. It has long duration too and if you're a spellbreaker roamer it's still pretty good

Corrupts and boon strips.

Not an argument. That's like saying you should never have boons so they can never get corrupted. Starting a fight with boons compared to gaining boons during the fight is the difference. If you don't activate it you get to use you won't have to worry about adrenaline as much either, which IS something worth considering. You're not going to hit a person 24/7, so you won't gain any adrenaline through that etc.

@GWMO.4785 said:

@Oglaf.1074 said:This all being said, Headbutt is bloody amazing.Thematically awesome, great functionality and on a really short cooldown for an Elite skill..!Boy, I wish it was Core.Its funny that you mentioned that tbh. Cause this has been suggested before. But Anet kinda ignored it. Given how much alike Physical and Rage skills are. These two could have been swapped indeed.

Well, honestly, despite how fun and amazing a universal Headbutt would be indeed, I realize and acknowledge that Berserker as a specialization needs to have exclusive goodies to it.

... Signet of Rage is an excellent elite. Sure, it's not a sudden, super flashy thing... But it's a strong, constant buff. Especially when you need to kite, or even just use shield stance. It keeps up your adrenaline gain, so that when it's time to close to melee again, you're doing it with adrenaline, instead of being nearly out. It also ensures that you're pretty much always able to crank out bursts, nearly on cool down, which is big for keeping up Adrenal Health. Yes, it's subtle... But the difference it makes is noticeable.

It's active could certainly use a buff, but its passive? That's a pretty strong, and universally useful thing to have. If Anet got rid of it, I'd consider it to be a fairly large nerf to the entire class.

@"The Not so Evil Overlord.6305" said:... Signet of Rage is an excellent elite. Sure, it's not a sudden, super flashy thing... But it's a strong, constant buff. Especially when you need to kite, or even just use shield stance. It keeps up your adrenaline gain, so that when it's time to close to melee again, you're doing it with adrenaline, instead of being nearly out. It also ensures that you're pretty much always able to crank out bursts, nearly on cool down, which is big for keeping up Adrenal Health. Yes, it's subtle... But the difference it makes is noticeable.

It's active could certainly use a buff, but its passive? That's a pretty strong, and universally useful thing to have. If Anet got rid of it, I'd consider it to be a fairly large nerf to the entire class.

im running rampage atm with 72sec cd and it has a way bigger impact than signet of rage, get out some dodges or stunbreak, go into rampage and pile cc and dmg on them, feelsgoodman

I feel, from a PvE perspective, the might is pretty pointless at this point. I'd change it to a 10% damage buff, condi and physical, that also applies fury and swiftness. The adrenaline build up is too slow (2 strikes every 3 seconds). It should be 1 per second at least. I also wouldn't mind Warbanner giving out a 5-10% damage buff over the pulsing might as well

@Grok Krog.9581 said:I feel, from a PvE perspective, the might is pretty pointless at this point. I'd change it to a 10% damage buff, condi and physical, that also applies fury and swiftness. The adrenaline build up is too slow (2 strikes every 3 seconds). It should be 1 per second at least. I also wouldn't mind Warbanner giving out a 5-10% damage buff over the pulsing might as well

Warbanner is in a very silly place at the moment since the banner-specific trait doesn’t do anything to it anymore (other than adding Regen lul).

The “double personal effects from Banners” doesn’t give your character more boons from it or anything.

@Oglaf.1074 said:

@Grok Krog.9581 said:I feel, from a PvE perspective, the might is pretty pointless at this point. I'd change it to a 10% damage buff, condi and physical, that also applies fury and swiftness. The adrenaline build up is too slow (2 strikes every 3 seconds). It should be 1 per second at least. I also wouldn't mind Warbanner giving out a 5-10% damage buff over the pulsing might as well

Warbanner is in a very silly place at the moment since the banner-specific trait doesn’t do anything to it anymore (other than adding Regen lul).

The “double personal effects from Banners” doesn’t give your character more boons from it or anything.

Not to mention that regular banners affect 10 people while our elite only affects 5.

@Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

Not to mention that regular banners affect 10 people while our elite only affects 5.

probably because it has revive, if they limited just the revive to 5, it would make much more sense.

Archived