Invisible walls

Mounts add a lot of options and allow you to get to places where you normally shouldn't. Many core Tyria regions have invisible walls in certain places and those are annoying, but not that big of a deal.

Then you go Dragon's Stand... The invisible walls there are literally everywhere! There are places where you even have walls for no apparent reason in open areas. Why? I understand the complexity of such a map makes it difficult to work on, but this region is simply unfinished. It is very unpleasant to go there even with a mount. No wonder nobody visits it if we don't count the event.

Invisible walls in some places (where you know you need to do an event before access or something) in a limited sense, fine. My complaint is when they are scattered all over where you do not expect them and there is no good reason other than covering up for incomplete artwork or whatever.

Invisible walls and the kill zones are a bad way to limit players. Invisible walls is why I hated games based on the Quake engine back in the day. There are far more creative ways to zone off players from areas. Things like fear zones, intense wind blasts that roll players over and over away from the zone, etc.

While I would LOVE to see invisible walls die a fiery death what I would accept as a compromise allowing for time for particular problems to be walled off and fixed is an option allowing us to see walls/no mount zones before we hit them. It could be a slight deviation from your planned course will miss the wall, which would be much better than getting randomly dismounted or walking into an obstacle you did not know was there. Some people will not want a glowing colored wall randomly there so that is why I suggested to make it an option.

Second Life (and I am sure other things) have the ability to show invisible stuff like this. I am in the habit of leaving it on so I know what areas to avoid. I would be surprised if the devs did not already have this ability for themselves anyway.

@Tekoneiric.6817 said:Invisible walls and the kill zones are a bad way to limit players. Invisible walls is why I hated games based on the Quake engine back in the day. There are far more creative ways to zone off players from areas. Things like fear zones, intense wind blasts that roll players over and over away from the zone, etc.

This isnt a bad way to limit players, it is a way to not make DS die.

@EpicName.4523 said:Mounts add a lot of options and allow you to get to places where you normally shouldn't. Many core Tyria regions have invisible walls in certain places and those are annoying, but not that big of a deal.

Then you go Dragon's Stand... The invisible walls there are literally everywhere! There are places where you even have walls for no apparent reason in open areas. Why? I understand the complexity of such a map makes it difficult to work on, but this region is simply unfinished. It is very unpleasant to go there even with a mount. No wonder nobody visits it if we don't count the event.

wow ur name is so epic. Srsly, I like it :-)

Archived