Poison Master needs changes to work with Soulbeast.

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

So with Soulbeast not having pet swap while melded, Poison Master just doesn't work fluidly like a GM trait should. It already has the damage scale from the Rangers condition damage to mitigate the swapped or melded pet having zero condi damage issue, but I propose changing the long on pet-swap pet poison application to a shorter on-hit ranger application so that it can work with any build that contains condition damage. This would also give excellent synergy with Predator's Cunning, something Soul Beast is dearly lacking.

To use it with Soulbeast is not fully effective since entering/exiting the mode to swap pets with two separate CDs, losing the stat bonuses when un-melded, then losing any pet condition damage when you re-meld as well as the pet never getting boons on un-meld just make the whole scenario bad to play around. As much as they do not want it to be the case that it's better to camp either in or out and not swap between modes often, the way it is designed has made camping beastmode the better way to play it because of other issues. At least make our GM traits work with it and not have them half functional.

@Wondrouswall.7169 said:I still prefer the idea InsaneQR posted on the old forums of replacing the next pet attack applying poison to inflict poison when the player applied cripple. That suggestion would open up many more options.

I like this as well, make it conditional on the application of some other condition rather than on swap or on hit.

Archived