Can't Use Mastery Points

I have 26 Mastery Points in 'Path of Fire' which I'm unable to use. I have maxed out my four standard mounts to level 4 and Crystal Champion so can't use them there. Having recently completed 'To Kill a God' I can now start on working towards getting a Griffon. Am I correct in saying that once I get the Griffon I'll be able to use some of these Mastery Points in training it as I did with the four standard mounts?

Cheers Rik

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:Yes, you will be able to spend 12 points into the griffon, iirc.Do note - there is a surplus of points, for the express reason that players should be able to avoid/skip some.

Unlike the ones in (cough) Central Tyria (spit). I'm one short of what I need to finish Pact Commander, and there's also the last rank of legendary masteries after that. The rest are all tied to fractals and raids and being in position to participate in an effective Triple Trouble worm head, stuff like that.

And yes, 12 points for full Griffon (3+4+5).

EU, and I know there are (one in particular makes a rather arrogant-sounding(1) announcement in DR about the triple worm event (*** will be killing the worm) almost as if they own it or something).

(1) I'm sure they don't really mean it to sound that sort of arrogant, and maybe it's just me, but it does come off like that. Which reminds me - I must install Teamspeak on my new PC...

@Steve The Cynic.3217 said:EU, and I know there are (one in particular makes a rather arrogant-sounding(1) announcement in DR about the triple worm event (*** will be killing the worm) almost as if they own it or something).

(1) I'm sure they don't really mean it to sound that sort of arrogant, and maybe it's just me, but it does come off like that. Which reminds me - I must install Teamspeak on my new PC...

Well, they do make sure they get a map pretty much to themselves, and they always (barring really strange happenstance) manage a full decapitation.I strongly recommend going along!

I just completed all my Central Tyria mastery tracks and boy, did that take a while.

But I think that running fractals with a good group/guild plus doing some of the content that gives mastery points is a relatively good way to get it. I did the JP in the Silverwastes + the Lost Gold Badges achievement in about 6h (I'm slow, what can I say) with Dulfy's walkthrough. If you encounter any legendaries in the Silverwastes, those give MPs too, so that's great. The Karka Extermination achievement in Lion's Arch takes a while but with a walkthrough it goes easier and gives you a MP too.

The wiki event timer is great for showing when the world bosses are coming up, and there's usually always a group that's looking for people in LFG. Karka Queen, Tequatl and Triple Trouble are a lot easier when you do find the groups.

Edit: I forgot about Hidden Garden! That JP is super easy if you have gliding bc you don't fall to your death any more :D The MP from that took such a short time compared to others.(For reference, I needed to unlock Mistlock Instabilities (?), the last 2 legendary crafting tracks and pact commander before I started my MP hunt. So it seems like a whole lot, but with good help it can be quite fast!)

@Linken.6345 said:No they just want more people to do get it done and they do it 3 times a day, it take so much coordiation so you need a guild like that mate.

Yeah, I caught one of their worm runs last night. Got two mastery points, one for Cobalt, one for the total kill. Much pleased.

And yes, @ShadowDove.8329 I did the Hidden Garden JP, back before I had gliding. Not so much fun without a glider. I need to get back into the Silverwastes - I have a few of the Lost Gold Badges done, but far from all, and 2 of the legendaries still to do.

Don't worry, I'll manage. Bioware seems to be focussed on breaking SWTOR even more than it's already broken, so I'm playing a lot more GW2 than I used to, and I'm having lots of fun.

Update: I've finished the full set of wurm heads for the Triple Trouble achievement and the full set of Tequatl achievements. Doing those got me a total of six mastery points that I didn't already have (one wurm-kill, three wurm heads, full Triple Trouble and full Tequatl), and an Ascended Wurmslayer heavy shoulder piece. Just four more points to finish the Tyrian masteries. (The remaining one is the top tier of Legendary Crafting.)

Thanks to everyone for inspiring me to actually get off my duff and work on these things!

@Steve The Cynic.3217 said:Update: I've finished the full set of wurm heads for the Triple Trouble achievement and the full set of Tequatl achievements. Doing those got me a total of six mastery points that I didn't already have (one wurm-kill, three wurm heads, full Triple Trouble and full Tequatl), and an Ascended Wurmslayer heavy shoulder piece. Just four more points to finish the Tyrian masteries. (The remaining one is the top tier of Legendary Crafting.)

Thanks to everyone for inspiring me to actually get off my duff and work on these things!

I did 180 wurm kills before I got my first and only ascended wurm chest you got lucky.

@Linken.6345 said:

@Steve The Cynic.3217 said:Update: I've finished the full set of wurm heads for the Triple Trouble achievement and the full set of Tequatl achievements. Doing those got me a total of six mastery points that I didn't already have (one wurm-kill, three wurm heads, full Triple Trouble and full Tequatl), and an Ascended Wurmslayer heavy shoulder piece. Just four more points to finish the Tyrian masteries. (The remaining one is the top tier of Legendary Crafting.)

I did 180 wurm kills before I got my first and only ascended wurm chest you got lucky.

Ouch. On that particular run (my, er, sorry to say it, first) three people linked them in squad chat after...

@Steve The Cynic.3217 said:

@Linken.6345 said:No they just want more people to do get it done and they do it 3 times a day, it take so much coordiation so you need a guild like that mate.

Yeah, I caught one of their worm runs last night. Got two mastery points, one for Cobalt, one for the total kill. Much pleased.

And yes, @ShadowDove.8329 I did the Hidden Garden JP, back before I had gliding. Not so much fun without a glider. I need to get back into the Silverwastes - I have a few of the Lost Gold Badges done, but far from all, and 2 of the legendaries still to do.

Don't worry, I'll manage. Bioware seems to be focussed on breaking SWTOR even more than it's already broken, so I'm playing a lot more GW2 than I used to, and I'm having lots of fun.

As a BW SWTOR alum, I welcome you to Tyria. :-)

@Zushada.6108 said:

Thanks, although it would be better to welcome me back to Tyria. ;) My first Tyrian began her journey in the first five minutes of the three bonus hours at the beginning of Early Start.

@Steve The Cynic.3217 said:

Thanks, although it would be better to welcome me
back
to Tyria. ;) My first Tyrian began her journey in the first five minutes of the three bonus hours at the beginning of Early Start.

Me tool! I had GW2 early access but It took me until just last year (Jan 2017) to drink the Tyrian beer and make this my main game. It was hard to trade my lightsabres and assault cannon for a hammer (Rev WvW) and staff (Druid PVE). =)

@Zushada.6108 said:

Thanks, although it would be better to welcome me
back
to Tyria. ;) My first Tyrian began her journey in the first five minutes of the three bonus hours at the beginning of Early Start.

Me tool! I had GW2 early access but It took me until just last year (Jan 2017) to drink the Tyrian beer and make this my main game. It was hard to trade my lightsabres and assault cannon for a hammer (Rev WvW) and staff (Druid PVE). =)

Yeah. I'm missing Spewie and the EL-34 Rotary. The Holosmith's Sword makes a passable substitute for a lightsabre, though, except that it only has one hot end, and I have a big fondness for Shadows and their dualsabres.

@Zushada.6108 said:

Yeah I came here from swtor too. Got fed with the direction that game was going. Have had a blast with gw2.

Archived