99CM with Flux Bomb on Bullet Hell Phase is rather ridiculous IMO

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@lozza.2958 said:That's about it really, when you get a fluxbomb and have literally nowhere to drop it safely during bullet hell phase its kinda difficult

Drop it outside of the circle or infront if possible.(The bullet orbs are less congested at the back. Sometimes if my hp allows it, I do a quick dip into the red pool to avoid the circling red aoe)

Ps: I'm more concern about hamstrung :smiley:

No, vindicators are the worst. With vinds, if you can't definitely make it to the end of the phase alive, the only way to help your party is to /gg before you go down. #feelsbadman

I did 99CM during a vinds week, once. Then I sat out the rest of the week, and will continue this policy until I can reliably do orbs on non-vind weeks without downing.

@"Malediktus.9250" said:People will always find a reason to whine about a new instability after the old "most annoying instability" (based on reddit and forum complains) was nerfed. I say we need more difficult and annoying instabilities. Otherwise they are pointless

But still, most of them are unfunny and not a challenge you want to have. For example dodging/moving backwards because you're getting a flux bomb and therefore you can't use the burst phase properly is just stupid and not challenging.As I wrote many times before: Players like us that play CMs on a regular basis gain nothing from this instability change. They don't make encounters more interesting and neither makes them more challenging for us.

The ones who suffer are regular T4 players and there goes my critics because a lot of them have left due to this change. It cannot be the intention of a game developer to scare people away from their game!

@Grogba.6204 said:Vindicators in cm99 were/are much worse on ensyloss during the capture phases tbh.

My favourite was vindicators, no pain no gain and toxic trail (old version).

@Vinceman.4572 said:The ones who suffer are regular T4 players and there goes my critics because a lot of them have left due to this change. It cannot be the intention of a game developer to scare people away from their game!

Tbh, before that change, daily t4 was a joke. They were easier than a lot of the t3 fractals, which cant have been intended either.In my guild btw, there are more people running t4 fractals again compared to before the patch.

@"Yasi.9065" said:Tbh, before that change, daily t4 was a joke. They were easier than a lot of the t3 fractals, which cant have been intended either.In my guild btw, there are more people running t4 fractals again compared to before the patch.

Daily T4s still are a joke for us - like I said. I'm totally in for a challenging since I run CMs daily and full clear my raids but that's not the point here. I think T4s were in an "OK"-state. Lesser skilled players needed 45 - 1h+ depending on how inexperienced they were. Over the last weeks one haven't seen as many T4s advertised as before. SO 100 is almost not present for common groups, Twilight Oasis is also avoided by most of the groups. This is a regrettable and not a desired trend tbh.I couldn't care less but in the end I'm not sure if that's the right way to go.

Any time there's a change...

• Some players will adapt without pause.
  • Some players will need some time to learn how the changes affect their usual habits.
  • Some will need a lot of time, mostly waiting for others to figure out how to make things easier.
  • And a tiny subset will find that they don't want to invest the time/effort in adapting and they'll never return.

So the fact that some people are finding this "too challenging" isn't a sign that it's a bad change. And the fact that some people aren't having any trouble isn't a sign that it's a neutral or good change.

All we can really tell at this point is: many people are still getting used to random instabilities.

@Grogba.6204 said:Vindicators in cm99 were/are much worse on ensyloss during the capture phases tbh.

Vindicators are going to be disabled for the capture point phase only. The point of that phase is that one person can carry a whole team of 5 through if they are good enough. Vindicators make that nearly impossible if the other four go down quickly.

@Benjamin Arnold.3457 said:

Vindicators are going to be disabled for the capture point phase only. The point of that phase is that one person can carry a whole team of 5 through if they are good enough. Vindicators make that nearly impossible if the other four go down quickly.

Shouldn't the whole point be that people shouldn't die in the first place, thus being able to carry their own weight? The way stuff is designed now leaves PvE in a rather sad state. I know that you can very well dismiss the META-argument, but this community suffers a lot from the meta-mentality which is why PvE-content is generally already carried nearly 100% by Chrono and Druid (at least every single mechanic is). I think your stance is entirely wrong and you should encourage people to actually work as a team where everyone carries her/his own weight. I already found it sad that you nerfed other instabilities. I mean: true, there were some ugly scenarios, but why not limit the nerfs to these scenarios (like Amalas Grenth-phase or the last phase of Ensolyss)?

@Raizel.8175 said:

Shouldn't the whole point be that people shouldn't die in the first place, thus being able to carry their own weight? The way stuff is designed now leaves PvE in a rather sad state. I know that you can very well dismiss the META-argument, but this community suffers a lot from the meta-mentality which is why PvE-content is generally already carried nearly 100% by Chrono and Druid (at least every single mechanic is). I think your stance is entirely wrong and you should encourage people to actually work as a team where everyone carries her/his own weight. I already found it sad that you nerfed other instabilities. I mean: true, there were some ugly scenarios, but why not limit the nerfs to these scenarios (like Amalas Grenth-phase or the last phase of Ensolyss)?

I don't think you understand. There's lots of things in fractals that encourage you to pull your own weight and work as a team, including this part. Even a skilled player isn't going to have an easy time carrying 4 other players through that part, and certainly not the rest of the fractal (see Siax CM). I wanted this to be a rare moment where one person can really shine and feel amazing for pulling off something very difficult and saving the whole team. Its a great feeling to be both on the giving and receiving end of that kind of save.

I don't think you understand. There's lots of things in fractals that encourage you to pull your own weight and work as a team, including this part. Even a skilled player isn't going to have an easy time carrying 4 other players through that part, and certainly not the rest of the fractal (see Siax CM). I wanted this to be a rare moment where one person can really shine and feel amazing for pulling off something very difficult and saving the whole team. Its a great feeling to be both on the giving and receiving end of that kind of save.

No. The game itself and the mentality of the community is based on the Chrono/Druid-combination carrying everything else since those two specializations not only serve as tank/heal-combination, but also as boon-spam-bots and they also solve nearly every single mechanic since they are also overutilized. That is not only restricted to fractals, it's also a problem in raids. Sure, you have some niche-situation where stuff like Epidemic is fancy, but those are - as stated - rather niche.

There actually is a Skill/Trait-Overhaul-Discussion in the General Discussions Section of the forum, where a person stated this:

@"Xantaria.8726" said:I am afraid thats rather not true. In most cases where you actual have to cc in order to beat the enemy (which would be Dungeons, Fractals and Raids) the cc is managed mostly by supporter-classes, namely Chrono being the strongest, followed by druid, which are enough to cc almost every boss with just them.

...and that's not just some exception. A lot of people think that way. It's not just that Chrono and Druid do what they do well, they do it far better than any other profession and that's the problem. PvE-content is basically carried by those two specializations in every single META-setup. Playing a dps-class myself, it makes me feel like I'm redundant. All I'm doing is "just dps". It's just spamming your typical dps-rotation and it makes me feel like I'm less worth as a part of the team than those specializations.

I get your intention, but what I truly want to see is the punishment of your typical META-setup so you can actually try out some different setups/have more diversity and don't feel bad about it if you have to fill empty slots with random people. Your nerf doesn't do that. In a very foreseeable case, it will lead to a Harrier-Druid carrying that phase through simply outhealing stuff. It probably won't lead to people using a more defensive build when that specific instability is active.

That's what you should do anyways: Break the META and provide more diversity. I mean, we had toxic trail in swampland yesterday and with a condi-based setup, it was rather annoying since your condition-damage is broken when adds enter ghost-mode thus enforcing the Zerker-META in fractals, where classes like Elementalist already have a huge advantage.

@Raizel.8175 said:

No. The game itself and the mentality of the community is based on the Chrono/Druid-combination carrying everything else since those two specializations not only serve as tank/heal-combination, but also as boon-spam-bots
and
they also solve nearly every single mechanic since they are also overutilized. That is not only restricted to fractals, it's also a problem in raids. Sure, you have some niche-situation where stuff like Epidemic is fancy, but those are - as stated - rather niche.

There actually is a Skill/Trait-Overhaul-Discussion in the General Discussions Section of the forum, where a person stated this:

@"Xantaria.8726" said:I am afraid thats rather not true. In most cases where you actual have to cc in order to beat the enemy (which would be Dungeons, Fractals and Raids) the cc is managed mostly by supporter-classes, namely Chrono being the strongest, followed by druid, which are enough to cc almost every boss with just them.

...and that's not just some exception. A lot of people think that way. It's not just that Chrono and Druid do what they do well, they do it far better than any other profession and that's the problem. PvE-content is basically carried by those two specializations in every single META-setup. Playing a dps-class myself, it makes me feel like I'm redundant. All I'm doing is "just dps". It's just spamming your typical dps-rotation and it makes me feel like I'm less worth as a part of the team than those specializations.

I get your intention, but what I truly want to see is the punishment of your typical META-setup so you can actually try out some different setups/have more diversity and don't feel bad about it if you have to fill empty slots with random people. Your nerf doesn't do that. In a very foreseeable case, it will lead to a Harrier-Druid carrying that phase through simply outhealing stuff. It probably won't lead to people using a more defensive build when that specific instability is active.

That's what you should do anyways: Break the META and provide more diversity. I mean, we had toxic trail in swampland yesterday and with a condi-based setup, it was rather annoying since your condition-damage is broken when adds enter ghost-mode thus enforcing the Zerker-META in fractals, where classes like Elementalist already have a huge advantage.

So much this. Chrono and Druids are both terrible for the game. And as much as I love what Ben has done for fractals, he sadly isn't on the balance team that I know of. There are so many tiny changes that could be made that could help break up the monotony of those two classes doing everything. I could write an entire essay on this subject and what each class could have tweaked in order to be viable support (might do this on the next day I have off), but I could just list a few changes that could happen to Guardian that would make it a viable alternative to either of the two classes.

1 - Make Quickfire give Alacrity = Quickness duration (no cooldown, just Alacrity with Quickness) instead of the burning. The burning has been nerfed so much that it might as well be removed. This makes is so you can choose between a Firebrand or Chrono for the Quickness/Alacrity bot with one doing more self damage while the other can maintain more boons and do more CC.2 - Make Pure of Heart in Honor a minor trait. Every time I select this traitline with support in mind, this is an auto pick and the two traits shared in the masters slot are non-existant, this also combines with #3.3 - Make Empowering Might affect 10 people and have no cooldown. Nothing triggers me more than this trait in the entire game. During the beta I though to have a build with this trait using a sword/focus combo in order to blind mobs while stacking mass might for the group. The build was ruined when it was found to have a 1 second cooldown and blind didn't work on champions. Changing this to 10 people makes it like PS as well as grace so it's not like it is unheard of. It also exists in a support line so damage is given up for it. This also lets Guardians stack might so it could be conceivable to replace a Druid as a healer (Spotter and Spirits are still a problem but at least might is not).4 - Fixing staff. This is a bigger fix but this weapon screams of times when healers were not allowed and it was the biggest support weapon in the game. Now we have druid staff which just blows it out of the water. Some changes could be to make the symbol cleanse one or two conditions on drop, make the auto heal per hit (maybe make it pure melee it that's too much and it is practically melee now anyhow), make the #2 skill ground targeted and blow up at the location for a slight cooldown increase, make empower movable, and make Line of Warding heal allies who pass through it. Boom instantly usable.5 - Put Aegis back on Tome of Courage #1 for PvE only. It was nerfed for PvP and make it useless past 4 -> 5 combo for PvE (unless you really need a reflect, but then Wall is better).

There's more but I should just make a new thread.

Sad that you are nerfing everything into the ground.To me it really feels like you take away every fun aspect the instability-randomization introduced. At this point why not just get rid of all instabilities?

I joined many lfgs that were stuck there and I had a lot of fun helping those people, while getting some fast loot.I actually enjoyed the challenge of having to kill four vindicators during ensolyss bullet hell phase.

You take away all those good and fun lfg farms :(

@Raizel.8175 said:

No. The game itself and the mentality of the community is based on the Chrono/Druid-combination carrying everything else since those two specializations not only serve as tank/heal-combination, but also as boon-spam-bots
and
they also solve nearly every single mechanic since they are also overutilized. That is not only restricted to fractals, it's also a problem in raids. Sure, you have some niche-situation where stuff like Epidemic is fancy, but those are - as stated - rather niche.

dude, first off why are you quoting a post of me which was made in a whole other topic which has nothing to do with the argument you have here right now...?second at least post all of it:

I am afraid thats rather not true. In most cases where you actual have to cc in order to beat the enemy (which would be Dungeons, Fractals and Raids) the cc is managed mostly by supporter-classes, namely Chrono being the strongest, followed by druid, which are enough to cc almost every boss with just them. And if you dont have those classes or need more, DH, Scourge, Holo and thief have very good cc skills without wasting skill slots.

Third noone is forced to play chrono/druid meta. If you dont like it, by all means, there are several other setup that works, lel we even killed sloth with 6 ppl only (we were bored, here is the logg if interessted: https://dps.report/QF3f-20180401-013702_sloth , we continiud ~30sec into the enrage timer and killed him after 3 trys), being one chrono and 5 scourges with 1 being heal scourge. There is enough diversity in the game, but diversity dont works with pugs. Pugs are generell the following: doing an encounter as fast as possible to do sth else as quick as possible. In order to do that, most pugs just stick to a generell setup which is in most cases rather given instead of others, since not everyone has xyz asc stuff to play everything they want and many dont want to waste gold in crafting a rather unusual build only to not be taken in pugs.

Well thats what its mean to be adaptive? what means diversity when you have builds which function better then others in a specific situation instead of all working the same?diversity and meta have nothing to do with each other, since meta is just the definition of the most efficient tactic avaible, which is always there. But only cause there will always a meta doesnt mean we dont have diversity.

@"Vrita.7846" said:I didn't really enjoy flux bomb on 99cm either, it made the orb phase harder than it needed to be since it's already quite difficult to do anyway, but I managed to do it solo regardless.

[

]

lol I can feel how mad and annoyed you probably were at these teammates who die immediately to it for no reason.

Yay! ?

Archived