Terrible lag in specific instances

So title basically. I experience awful lag but only in specific instances. Often in DR or LA and major cities, sometimes it's a random map. Like tonight I suffered from terrible lag (2k+ ping) in DR, took a short break and went to do DS meta. Different IP, never went above 60 ping.

Is there anything that can be done about these specific IPs being such a nuisance? Because it happens way too often. Gambling whether or not I can play in a map based on what the IP is incredibly dumb.

How you travel across the net can vary greatly by IP, despite leading to the same location. If this is your problem, you can only try to change how you're routed by using a VPN. You can also try running the game on port 80 or 443 (-clientport 80) for a lesser effect.

@Healix.5819 said:How you travel across the net can vary greatly by IP, despite leading to the same location. If this is your problem, you can only try to change how you're routed by using a VPN. You can also try running the game on port 80 or 443 (-clientport 80) for a lesser effect.

Having experimented with these options a bit over the last few days - it helps but it doesn't. Connection's more stable - but it's also constantly bad instead of a roller coaster between good and really bad.

Archived