Juggernaut Build — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Juggernaut Build

Ghos.1326Ghos.1326 Member ✭✭✭
edited April 13, 2018 in Engineer

This build is being edited from the last. The last was a build dubbed "Gouka Mekkyaku" which translates roughly to great fire annihilation. But the build itself didn't really suit the name. Also, some changes to the build.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFASnUUB1ahVXBepCsehl7iCsBjwAQ8g+hOke1b9ZH-jJhhABieBA08BA8YZAA2fAA
It still focuses on 1v1s. The sigil of purging can be swapped with sigil of annulment to have a better time against builds that like to grant few boons to themselves.

The greatest enemy to improvement, is ignorance. But the desire to learn will cast ignorance into the fire.

Comments

• Ario.8964Ario.8964 Member ✭✭✭✭

Lacks a lot of condi removal and elixer B imo isn't all that helpful. That being said it's a fun idea for a build, just could use some tweaks to be more effective in a pvp setting. I'll try it out next time I get on my engi for some fun time!

• Chaith.8256Chaith.8256 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 14, 2018

That build is whack, if you're taking perma Stab from Juggernaut, AND toughness, then Mass Momentum is perfect. No super speed, why take Rapid Regeneration? Mass momentum is like, 150 power added, and then lots of might stacking. If you are camping flamethrower for perma stab, you also don't need elixir B, you have perma stab already and no HgH traited.

Try this, it's greatly improved without changing anything significant:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFASnUUBFpidpC2aBEqil7iCsBjwAge1j9ZX8g+hOE-jJRAhASlBOvAAA7P89AAAA

Edit: Play around with Applied Force quickness. You have 15 passive might stacks while in FT and lots of quickness with Leadership.

twitch.tv/chaithh
    Forum Lord Chaith

• Ghos.1326Ghos.1326 Member ✭✭✭

@Chaith.8256 said:
    That build is whack, if you're taking perma Stab from Juggernaut, AND toughness, then Mass Momentum is perfect. No super speed, why take Rapid Regeneration? Mass momentum is like, 150 power added, and then lots of might stacking. If you are camping flamethrower for perma stab, you also don't need elixir B, you have perma stab already and no HgH traited.

Try this, it's greatly improved without changing anything significant:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFASnUUBFpidpC2aBEqil7iCsBjwAge1j9ZX8g+hOE-jJRAhASlBOvAAA7P89AAAA

Edit: Play around with Applied Force quickness. You have 15 passive might stacks while in FT and lots of quickness with Leadership.

Great minds think alike my friend. I was going to test something similar as well to help my damage output as, just as you pointed out, the damage is a bit lacking and it makes no sense taking the Juggernaut trait, but no mass momentum to fuel and further its power. I am going to update the build as well once I try it out, and I will also try yours out too, I seen it while I was at work and it looks really solid.

The greatest enemy to improvement, is ignorance. But the desire to learn will cast ignorance into the fire.

• Not trying to be rude but I don't think flame thrower 1 scales very well with berserker or DPS stats. I think at most it could deal like 3000 damage over 2 seconds which is 4 hits every .5 seconds.

Any ways what I am trying to ask is does 1 auto attack perform well in this power meta with strong DPS gear ? I know might stacks and defensive boons help but is real viable ?

• JETWING.2759JETWING.2759 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 16, 2018

@Anthony.3207 said:
    Not trying to be rude but I don't think flame thrower 1 scales very well with berserker or DPS stats. I think at most it could deal like 3000 damage over 2 seconds which is 4 hits every .5 seconds.

Any ways what I am trying to ask is does 1 auto attack perform well in this power meta with strong DPS gear ? I know might stacks and defensive boons help but is real viable ?

Hits up to 700 p/ strike on heavy golen.
    With Marauder, Demolish, Seeker ir something like, hits 500 - 600 on heavy golen.
    You can switch adrenal implant for kinetic batery to get good quikness upt and better dmg

• Ghos.1326Ghos.1326 Member ✭✭✭

@Anthony.3207 said:
    Not trying to be rude but I don't think flame thrower 1 scales very well with berserker or DPS stats. I think at most it could deal like 3000 damage over 2 seconds which is 4 hits every .5 seconds.

Yes, but the number one factor that makes this possible is this: critical hits.
    The flamethrower almost solely depends on banking crits to deal massive damage with its autos. It uses burning to bolster its skill autos by another 10%. It can also take the condi role, applying consistent burning throughout its whole kit.

• Obtena.7952Obtena.7952 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Ghos.1326 said:

@Anthony.3207 said:

Yes, but the number one factor that makes this possible is this: critical hits.
    The flamethrower almost solely depends on banking crits to deal massive damage with its autos. It uses burning to bolster its skill autos by another 10%. It can also take the condi role, applying consistent burning throughout its whole kit.

What you say is true but it is a double edged sword. It means you have to stay constantly in the fight for the build to work. You are committed. I've also been taking advantage of the crits this can lay out in PVE but the second I do have to retreat, I have nothing to hit and it's a scary situation.

If you think balancing is only driven by performance and justified by comparisons to other classes then prepare to be educated:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/balance-updates-the-heralds-near-future-and-pvp-league-season-13/

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.