Don’t you want legendary armor outside of raids?

When I refer to armor outside of raids I mean skins - the same set as raids or (preferably) a second one. Something that takes enough time and effort to earn to be as prestigious as ever, but accessible to people who can’t get past the raiding elitism for whatever reason. I’m thinking something that anyone can work on, but requires a long amount of time, involved each game mode a little bit - mostly PVE id image? Idk, that’s definitely something to discuss. Yes there are legendary sets in competitive game modes, but the skins are the same as ascended, you don’t get the prestige, nor such quite the feeling of accomplishment unlocking a truly legendary skin.

TLDR; legendary armor with actual legendary skins obtainable outside raids

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only really practical advantage of Legendary Armor is the ability to change builds on the fly - The only game mode that requires teams to have harmonious builds and therefore that flexibility to easily change builds is Raids - The only PvE way to obtain Legendary armor is through Raids.

Perhaps a Dev could comment on how they think this is logical game design?

@Daroon.1736 said:The only really practical advantage of Legendary Armor is the ability to change builds on the fly - The only game mode that requires teams to have harmonious builds and therefore that flexibility to easily change builds is Raids - The only PvE way to obtain Legendary armor is through Raids.

This is an amusing and true point of view. 'yey i did raids for months to get my legendary armor finished! now i never have to raid again!'

@Khailyn.6248 said:

@"Daroon.1736" said:The only really practical advantage of Legendary Armor is the ability to change builds on the fly - The only game mode that requires teams to have harmonious builds and therefore that flexibility to easily change builds is Raids - The only PvE way to obtain Legendary armor is through Raids.

This is an amusing and true point of view. 'yey i did raids for months to get my legendary armor finished! now i never have to raid again!'

Implying you need anything above exotic to raid.

Consider the following instead....Ascended is Legendary sans skins and stat swap, guess what raids give you as rewards ?Now then, technically since you get a metric ton of ascended from raids, and if you do raid you're also likely to fractal why do would anyone "chase" legendary armor. We get more than enough sets of ascended to quite literally gear any characters we want in them pretty much freely and stat-swapping via the forge is immensely cheaper than Legendary.

People who have Legendary Armor, myself included likely (can't say in all cases) did it for one of two reason 1) Stat Swap and 2) The actual skin/effects.

A lot of complaining was done because of #1 and Anet saw fit to allow other modes to get their version of Legendary Armor under the compromise that point 2 will never be compromised. It should remain that way and not be compromised again because a select few view raids as some evil that they can never set foot in.

im fully aware you can raid in exotics and im not even a raider. im making a joke at the idea that legendary armor would be useful for raiding but once you have it/the skin, theres no longer that carrot on the stick to keep you playing the game mode. considering legendary armor skins has been kept unique to raids , im quite confident many players are chasing the skin rather than doing it for love of the game mode.

Sure, if it'sA. Not Envoy armor; preferably a unique set of skinsB. More expensive than other legendary armors, because casual PvE like Istan is the best way to farm gold anywayC. Implemented after WvW and sPvP get unique skins for their legendary armors

I don't know if it's a good idea though because once you have legendary armor you have little reason to pay to acquire the materials needed for legendaries and ascended gear. If new skins are regularly added in Ascended-only forms which require Ascended materials, maybe.

@Khailyn.6248 said:im fully aware you can raid in exotics and im not even a raider. im making a joke at the idea that legendary armor would be useful for raiding but once you have it/the skin, theres no longer that carrot on the stick to keep you playing the game mode. considering legendary armor skins has been kept unique to raids , im quite confident many players are chasing the skin rather than doing it for love of the game mode.

If most people are chasing the skin rather than raiding for fun, then the said 1st point of the practical advantage of the legendary skin is irrelevant to this discussion. Leaving that only 2nd point of having a new skin with effect is relevant, it's fair that legendary has to be obtained thru various difficulties just similar to other legendaries.

Just like all other legendaries, you can also buy it with gold indirectly thru people that is selling raids. Everything has a way.

@Sarrs.4831 said:Sure, if it'sA. Not Envoy armor; preferably a unique set of skinsB. More expensive than other legendary armors, because casual PvE like Istan is the best way to farm gold anywayC. Implemented after WvW and sPvP get unique skins for their legendary armors

I don't know if it's a good idea though because once you have legendary armor you have little reason to pay to acquire the materials needed for legendaries and ascended gear. If new skins are regularly added in Ascended-only forms which require Ascended materials, maybe.

This is basically what I meant. Most of the people are talking about actual use but I meant for skins outside of raids

Why do you even bother making such a biased and leading poll? Why not just write your opinion piece (minus the poll), and leave it at that?

"Don’t you want legendary armor outside of raids?"

"but accessible to people who can’t get past the raiding elitism for whatever reason."

"Yes there are legendary sets in competitive game modes, but the skins are the same as ascended, "you don’t get the prestige, nor such quite the feeling of accomplishment."

You might as well go all the way and just offer 5g to everyone who votes yes.

@geochan.9184 said:

@Khailyn.6248 said:im fully aware you can raid in exotics and im not even a raider. im making a joke at the idea that legendary armor would be useful for raiding but once you have it/the skin, theres no longer that carrot on the stick to keep you playing the game mode. considering legendary armor skins has been kept unique to raids , im quite confident many players are chasing the skin rather than doing it for love of the game mode.

If most people are chasing the skin rather than raiding for fun, then the said 1st point of the practical advantage of the legendary skin is irrelevant to this discussion. Leaving that only 2nd point of having a new skin with effect is relevant, it's fair that legendary has to be obtained thru various difficulties just similar to other legendaries.

Just like all other legendaries, you can also buy it with gold indirectly thru people that is selling raids. Everything has a way.

But isn’t each raid like 500 gold per kill? Like thousands of dollars for 150 LI?

@"Fallesafe.5932" said:Why do you even bother making such a ridiculously biased and leading poll? WHY not just write your little opinion piece (minus the poll), and leave it at that?

"Don’t you want legendary armor outside of raids?"

"but accessible to people who can’t get past the raiding elitism for whatever reason."

Yes there are legendary sets in competitive game modes, but the skins are the same as ascended, you don’t get the prestige, nor such quite the feeling of accomplishment

Why even make a poll with this garbage wording? You might as well just go all the way and offer 5g in to everyone who votes yes.

Yeah I never said this wasn’t biased. I’m expressing my opinion and also trying to gather other people’s opinions

Diff skin not the envoy set.Other than that i always agreed that there prob should be a set of legendary status (qol wise) for pve.

Wether should be as flashy can be argued. Imo it shouldnt because time spend doesnt mean effort necessarily. But they are free to do w/e they want to as long as its a diff skin. (and the way to get enoy remains through raiding.)

Imo the skin should be like the highest skin in wvw it gets some glows when it enters combat which remain until u get out of combat. Bit again anet decides (i still believe raod armor requires the most effort therefore should have the most detail) that being said pvp armor is getting a paint job (which id like to aply only to the legendary and the tourney sets both of great "prestige".

I don´t give a skritts rektum about the skin of legendary armor to be honest. If it were only skins, raids probably would never have never appeared on my personal dislike radar. The shameless pandering and devaluing of other stuff was of course also upsetting me when they were released, but that was just a short outrage and has long been settled.

it would be nice to have a normal version like the pvp one, but again the raid one is way it is cause people with raids wanted something to earn which is fine by me but i have not cleared most the wings to get the items to even get past part 1 so i had to earn the spvp version for 1 alt. maybe a fractal version or something where you need to do dungeons again (which means they need rework which will never happen), idk not really care if it happens or not be nice if did.

@"zealex.9410" said:Diff skin not the envoy set.Other than that i always agreed that there prob should be a set of legendary status (qol wise) for pve.

Wether should be as flashy can be argued. Imo it shouldnt because time spend doesnt mean effort necessarily. But they are free to do w/e they want to as long as its a diff skin. (and the way to get enoy remains through raiding.)

Imo the skin should be like the highest skin in wvw it gets some glows when it enters combat which remain until u get out of combat. Bit again anet decides (i still believe raod armor requires the most effort therefore should have the most detail) that being said pvp armor is getting a paint job (which id like to aply only to the legendary and the tourney sets both of great "prestige".

The wvw "flashy" skin is because you hit that 2k rank, not cause it is some kind of unique legendary stuff...

@Voltekka.2375 said:

@"zealex.9410" said:Diff skin not the envoy set.Other than that i always agreed that there prob should be a set of legendary status (qol wise) for pve.

The wvw "flashy" skin is because you hit that 2k rank, not cause it is some kind of unique legendary stuff...

Idd which i find rather annoying. But i guet why they might have done it, still, id prefer if the last tier with effects was the legendary set.

@Voltekka.2375 said:

Many think that the wvw flashy skin is way better skin than the raid legendary skin, so wvw already have a unique legendary skin.Only pvp is missing that unique shiny skin now.

Archived